Author Topic: I have a suggestion  (Read 1344 times)

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
Re: I have a suggestion
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 08:56:34 pm »
Quote from: "Taytaz"
AnD UK needs elected admins

Um, do you wanna pay for the forums? Because I for one am completely happy with the job Nel and Company are doing, and thank them graciously for even having a forum such as the one we've got, which is run well to begin with.

Seriously, you guys are taking this "admin criticism" a bit far. Realise they do this for our benefit, not their own, and none of them have ever done us wrong. Just because they choose to lock threads which have zero meaning doesn't mean anything needs changed.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 09:10:18 pm »
Quote from: "Dishmcds"
AnD UK needs elected admins

Um, do you wanna pay for the forums? Because I for one am completely happy with the job Nel and Company are doing, and thank them graciously for even having a forum such as the one we've got, which is run well to begin with.

Seriously, you guys are taking this "admin criticism" a bit far. Realise they do this for our benefit, not their own, and none of them have ever done us wrong. Just because they choose to lock threads which have zero meaning doesn't mean anything needs changed.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

If we talking about the forums as a whole then I would have glowing praise for them. But that is not what his discussion is aobut.
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 09:11:36 pm »
And that wasn't quoted from you.

Hermanos

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 09:13:12 pm »
so we differ in opinion on some issues, but I am a staunch supporter of democracy to prevent things like this. And bob is right
They're excellent everywhere else

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 09:16:05 pm »
Differing in opinions is one thing.

Claiming we need new admins because they don't to let you post 2000 times in two hours with nothing but smilies is another story. Perhaps someone with a better working knowledge of how fast/slow things are during high traffic would be able to explain, but since the admins usually have to check the forums regularly, not to mention for three days straight at least one thread was about an inappropriate topic, is completely different.

Our admins are fine, this forum is free for all users, so why wouldnt you simply respect and enjoy whats been given without asking for more? That's the part that gets me, I suppose. It's almost like saying "Yes, I appreciate the free forums, but I want more from you."

Hermanos

Feral

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 10:30:38 pm »
We want you guys (the users) to be happy, but we can only do that to a certain extent, other factors go into what we can and cannot do, ie here, alot of posts (more spam posts than normal posts) being made, thats not right, so had to stop.

Kumnaa then had the idea of a Bob forum, since everyone wanted 'one of them' to moderate it, we've done it, there is no reason it shouldnt work, we trust you to use it properly. To prevent what happened before happening again, old threads are automatically deleted, and we've made Bob moderate (i dont even know whether thats good or bad, i guess we'll find out).

So, now, you've got your forum back, and is more controlled.

The action of the temporary removal of the random forums (will be returned soon) was done as an act of 'desperation' - there was not enough time to control it, and hence that action must have been done.

rastari

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 11:53:33 pm »
The bobs house idea was a master stroke, it actually gives the section a little bit of character.
2 boblo's for epic awesomeness 2008 and 2009

Quote from: "malta1990"
Well, I'll call it a victory to Jerry. Well Done! Gap is too large now.

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 05:06:07 am »
yeah nel pwnt my sadness away with that!

Feral

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 08:55:41 am »
yeah nel pwnt my sadness away with that!

actusally it was kumnaa!

GloriousFailure

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 11:10:01 am »
Sorta related to this:

Can we stop all the crap from Bob's house crapping up the view new posts option? :|
I feed off your tears.

http://www.last.fm/user/Dysphonia