: The Great Football Thread of 2012-13  ( 19342 )

Inwegen

• : 1394
Re: The Great Football Thread of 2012-13
« #520 : May 28, 2013, 02:05:33 AM »
Holloway back in the premiership! Him and mourinho will make for great entertainment. Also, had palace down for promotion early on this season. So excited to see Zaha's progress with them.
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUK Chief Diplomat to Terra and Eden
Former eUS everything

Growl01

• Party - UK Progression Party
  • : 3
« #521 : May 28, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
Well I'm excited and dissapointed.

A lot of my families from Manchester so I support Man U. But the other half (who aern't into football quite as much) are from Watford, hence they support Watford. When I was growing up I always watched and supported Man U. However I guess Watford is my second time. (As well as my local one!)

Anyway I'm really happy we're getting Zaha. He demolished Cassetti yesterday and since Watford's my second team I'm saying that through gritted teeth! But I'm very dissapointed we lost. Palace did deserve it but Forestieri's shot was saved by the defender off the line! That one shot could have helped secure Watford's future but now look!

Firstly, our whole starting line up againt Palace apart from three players, (and kind of Forestieri who we signed on loan and was on the bench but we have now signed permenantly) was people on loan. Now the football league have changed the rules to ban signing so many people on loan ever again, and as well as that only given Watford one day to make transfers! We could have really done with the £120 million plus and the predicted more people buying tickets but  now, we only have our Italian owners money and one day to make transfers.

So we're in a really tricky situation so I can't see Watford right now pushing for promotion again next season.
Growl01

UKPP Congressman May-Present 2013

Inwegen

« #522 : May 28, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
Toure to Liverpool official.
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUS everything

Smack

• RP
  • : 4988
« #523 : May 28, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
: "Inwegen"

City got scammed so hard on Kolo.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Inwegen

« #524 : May 28, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
: "Smack"
: "Inwegen"

City got scammed so hard on Kolo.
Lolololol
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUS everything

jimbojoy

• : 7149
« #525 : May 30, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »
So this isn't related to the leagues, but I refereeing my first game tomorrow. Any advice on fouls (particularly gauging throw ins) and how aggressive to be with dissent?

Thedark ace

• : 3307
« #526 : May 30, 2013, 06:41:17 PM »
Come down hard on every muthafucka, don't tolerate any poor throw-ins or nasty tackles.

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
  • : 2517
« #527 : May 30, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »
Just chill and let em kick two fucks out of each other.  They'll enjoy it and so will you.

Smack

• RP
  • : 4988
« #528 : May 30, 2013, 08:49:16 PM »
: "jimbojoy"
So this isn't related to the leagues, but I refereeing my first game tomorrow. Any advice on fouls (particularly gauging throw ins) and how aggressive to be with dissent?

How old are they?

I'd be very unstrict personally. Let the tackles go, let people get away with being shoulder to shoulder. Obviously cut down if it starts getting too aggressive, but the main thing is to let the game flow as much as possible.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

jimbojoy

« #529 : May 30, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »

How old are they?

I'd be very unstrict personally. Let the tackles go, let people get away with being shoulder to shoulder. Obviously cut down if it starts getting too aggressive, but the main thing is to let the game flow as much as possible.

U21 @ uni - I'm more likely to go for reasonable, but if anyone talks back, I'm planning on one warning for their team probably via ze captain, then a yellow.

McAfee01

• Woldean Court
  • : 9341
« #530 : May 30, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »

How old are they?

U21 @ uni - I'm more likely to go for reasonable, but if anyone talks back, I'm planning on one warning for their team probably via ze captain, then a yellow.
Be reasonable, let a few harsh tackles slide and then gradually rank up the punishment (verbal warning, yellow cards or Cantona kung-fu if they continue to be pricks).
10x congressman | 1x Congressional Committee |[/color]Minister of Foreign Affairs x4| Minister of Home Affairs x1 | Minister of Recruitment x2 | Recreating George Orwell's 1984 on eRepublik since 2010 | Winner of the Totally Legit Fellow Award (2011)[/b]

Metapod

• Lord of The Dance
  • Political - Member of Parliament
  • : 2241
« #531 : May 31, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »
Mark Hughes to Stoke....

I'M A RAINBOW CITIZEN.

jimbojoy

« #532 : May 31, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »

How old are they?

I'm going to upload the match report after, you can see my antics :P

: :
:
/
:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: