Author Topic: Forum rules  (Read 970 times)

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
Forum rules
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:08:11 pm »
If you're going to change the forum rules, why don't you change the forum rules.  You know, the ones that are linked in pretty much every forum.

While you're at it, why don't you go through all the pink boxes at the top of sub forums and dumb them down too.  Having some rules to keep the place worth visiting is obviously not important, so get rid of them all.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
Re: Forum rules
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:12:30 pm »
Dear Mr. Moir,

thank you for bringing this to our attention. Due to other matters this is not a priority or concern at the moment, but if I or anyone else has the time we will modify them appropriately,

Sincerely,
Digby
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:13:50 pm »
You have 3 admins.  Surely when implementing a forum rule change one of them can find a few minutes to ensure it's done properly.  Unless they're all rubbish at the job of course.

N W G

• President
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »
Quote from: "Dan Moir"
You have 3 admins.  Surely when implementing a forum rule change one of them can find a few minutes to ensure it's done properly.  Unless they're all rubbish at the job of course.

It took alot of reminders and weeks of waiting after my successful appeal to get my infractions removed , what makes you think rule modification would get done over night ?
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30:39 pm
Quote from: "Minecrafting Instead"

Goku posting on these forums again is not on the table (nor will it ever be)

Big Ant

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 10:17:58 pm »
Quote from: "N W G"
Quote from: "Dan Moir"

It took alot of reminders and weeks of waiting after my successful appeal to get my infractions removed , what makes you think rule modification would get done over night ?

When did writing a few rules and updating them become a full on mission that takes days or weeks to complete?
Past Exp- 44th UK Prime Minister - 3x vCP - 1x MoD - 1x MoHA - 1x MoF Apprentice - 2xRecruitment Officer ESO - 1xMoHA Apprentice - 1xGovernment Advisor - eUK Supplier

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:18:55 pm »
Dear Mr. Moir,

actually in some time it will become quite obvious why it's not important, but at the moment I'm not able to explain why. I apologise if this has you at a disadvantage, but please have faith in that it will be obvious as to why they haven't been changed throughout at this point.

Sincerely,
Digby

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
  • Pusher of buttons and puller of strings
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:22:27 pm »
tbf, Digby, that's a shit response. You'd have been better not posting at all.
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 10:25:23 pm »
Dear Mr. Pfeiffer,

how is it a shit response? I said I will fix them if I have the time but it's not important right now and soon we will all find out how. This resolves the issue.

Sincerely,
Digby

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 10:27:25 pm »
Hey we can't do this because we're busy on things that we won't explain/don't exist.

Bad response.
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:09 pm »
If you're gonna roll out rule changes, actually change the rules.  If you can't be bothered to do it properly and want to use other changes as an excuse, you should have waited to do the other changes before updating/removing rules at all.  It's incompetent.

N W G

• President
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 10:31:09 pm »
Quote from: "Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar"
Dear Mr. Pfeiffer,

how is it a shit response? I said I will fix them if I have the time but it's not important right now and soon we will all find out how. This resolves the issue.

Sincerely,
Digby

I think what he means is that when you have different set of rules in different places, on top of that admitted that hes at a disadvantage due to this kinda makes it seem like there was no real point in even changing or amending them in the first place if they havent been really changed or amended ?

After all how is he supposed to know which rules to follow or even know which rule break to appeal against.

Having said that you did admit that its not important anyway, thus have to ask why if not important such actiosn was even taken in the first place to try and enforce said unimportant rules
Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30:39 pm
Quote from: "Minecrafting Instead"

Goku posting on these forums again is not on the table (nor will it ever be)

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 10:33:15 pm »
Should just remove butjam as admin, clearly out of his depth if he can't update a rules sticky.
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 10:45:29 pm »
Dear all,

I'm very sorry that my explanation isn't satisfactory, but please refer to my previous posts and perhaps cool it off because really it's not an issue right now. I will, however, change the rules where appropriate.

Also I'm locking this to avoid general silliness, this has been resolved etc.

Sincerely,
Digby