Author Topic: Stop letting mods ruin Forum Promotion Team  (Read 9319 times)

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
Stop letting mods ruin Forum Promotion Team
« on: May 26, 2013, 01:04:18 am »
Overmoderation is stifling the discussion in the glorious forum promotion team and it has to stop.
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

James Scarlet

• Baron of Boston
Re: Stop letting mods ruin Forum Promotion Team
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 01:04:54 am »
Not really.
I've wasted so much time here; I can't afford to give up now!

The moral of the story: don't moan at your neighbours or wasp hives will smash in your garden.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
Welcome, Butjammernaughts...(Read this first!)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 01:05:14 am »
I'd rather discuss it here where people can see how heavy handed you are being.
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 01:06:21 am »
Well it is, you can't even post a good suggestion without it getting covered in blue font.

James Scarlet

• Baron of Boston
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 01:07:30 am »
You were insulting Goku and New Era. While you have to agree with them, you should respect them.
I've wasted so much time here; I can't afford to give up now!

The moral of the story: don't moan at your neighbours or wasp hives will smash in your garden.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 01:08:46 am »
Where did I insult New Era or post anything that wasn't true about Goku?

You're making things up that can't be proved because overmoderation has destroyed the evidence.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
Re: Welcome, Butjammernaughts...(Read this first!)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 01:09:28 am »
I'd rather discuss it here where you are being very heavy handed.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 01:10:54 am »
The moderators are not obeying those rules at all, they are abusing their control panels to break them.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 01:11:43 am »
Dear Mr. Alice,

removing baiting and off-topic arguments is neither over-moderating a thread or damaging it or its sub-forum.

Sincerely,
Digby
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 01:12:59 am »
They were neither of those things, you are showing no respect for people's opinions in a forum where people are meant to be able to express them to help the forum.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 01:13:49 am »
Dear Mr. Alice,

they were, and I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Sincerely,
Digby

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 01:14:56 am »
Your post edits were also baiting sarcastic trolls. You are not being very useful and are in fact causing problems where if you had done nothing there would be none.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 01:17:39 am »
Cheers for opening a thread about it, keeping it to here and leaving the intro thread would be very kind, ta

From what I've seen, both of you have said something that a mod felt needed moderating, feel free to disagree with people but don't let it ruin the dynamic of the team because you're insistent on proving a point. You want to help this forum and you voluntarily joined the board. Help us out, we can't work with you if you won't work with us
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 01:18:37 am »
I can't work with you when you are actively removing my opinions.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 01:20:48 am »
You're still overmoderating this thread.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 01:30:19 am »
Who started it is entirely relevant.
Are you saying that whoever started an arson attack isn't important as long as the house burns down?

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 01:33:17 am »
Using this thread as a bin isn't good for coherency, do your job properly mods. You're actually breaking rules this way.

Have fun, be funny: Most of all, have fun! Jokes and reaction pictures are allowed, but all things in moderation please, especially in Public Discussion. Try and keep your threads roughly on track, the mod team are about to nudge things in the right direction if needs be, or split posts if necessary, but will allow discussions to evolve.

You're failing at this and achieving the opposite.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 01:34:23 am »
Dear Mr. Alice,

that's not the same thing at all and doesn't work as a comparison. Please continue this discussion here and not in the thread for the reason I've already pointed out.

He said you were trolling and you said he was trolling, so I edited it out because it's not appropriate or helpful to the thread; the same reason I'm moving your posts into this thread.

Sincerely,
Digby

P.S. If you'd rather I could simply delete your posts elsewhere until you post them here? I am doing my job.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 01:35:48 am »
I'd rather you stopped abusing your MCP to force your own opinions across.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 01:38:19 am »
Dear Mr. Alice,

I'm not abusing anything and I'm not forcing any opinion across. As I've now quite clearly explained here and in the original thread, posts should be on-topic or I'll move them to here so we can discuss it somewhere it doesn't damage a thread.

Sincerely,
Digby