Author Topic: Sack Frerk  (Read 5062 times)

Lionbeard

• Party - UKRP
Re: Sack Frerk
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 11:55:30 pm »
Dinkum for Admin!
"Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force!" Barbie

Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Permanent Speaker
  • Party - UKRP
  • Sodomy non sapiens
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 01:19:58 am »
Dan/Dia/Dish Perpetual War Triumvirate
<Guitah> not arguing with a Brit about tea is tha sensible thing to do :)
<Appleby> it is common knowledge it is pointless arguing with an addict :p
<Appleby> thus it is pointless arguing about tea with brits

Malkaiser

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 07:19:56 am »
If you could actually lay out what you want the admin to do,then you would either prompt frerk to do it or get some support for a new admin.

"Log in" isn't a quantifiable benefit, nor is banning diakun going to boost activity lol.

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 08:10:32 am »
I can at least rightfully say I am still here waiving my hand about without people bitching about it.

Maybe I should try harder.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2013, 08:18:07 am »
I don't even know who is moderator but it would make sense to promote one of them to administrator.
I would prefer someone who has a sense of humour and doesn't take everything on the heavy side but with clear guidelines on what is the border.
Frerk was like that. I hope you guys find someone or agree on someone :)

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2013, 09:28:09 am »
I thought I made it obvious but I guess not, look to the left <_<
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Metapod

• Lord of The Dance
  • Political - Member of Parliament
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2013, 12:08:58 pm »
So who do you think should be admin butjam?

I'M A RAINBOW CITIZEN.

Malkaiser

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2013, 12:44:15 pm »
Yeah so it's just a popularity contest right? None of you seem paticularily interested in figuring out exactly what your admins should be doing.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2013, 12:50:14 pm »
It's a long and difficult debate but I believe it should definitely be someone with wit, grace and a dash of handsomeness. Must also look great in a dress
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2013, 12:53:55 pm »
Yeah so it's just a popularity contest right? None of you seem paticularily interested in figuring out exactly what your admins should be doing.

It's pretty bloody obvious.  To give just a few examples - They oversee the moderators, deal with the structure of the forum and generally manage anything to do with the forum.  They can't do that, nevermind more pro-active stuff if they are not here.

We don't need to define their entire job role between us.  We just need somebody active and bright to take on the role and then they can look after it.

If my company appointed a new managing director, they wouldn't ask the guys in the factory to define his role.  He would be able to come in and make the job his own in his own way.  Effort, activity and ability is what we need rather than a limited checklist of admin functions.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:59:19 pm by Dan Moir »

Lionbeard

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2013, 01:22:26 pm »
It's a long and difficult debate but I believe it should definitely be someone with wit, grace and a dash of handsomeness. Must also look great in a dress

Seeing as I fill that criteria, I'm more than happy to take the reigns up again.
"Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force!" Barbie

Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Permanent Speaker
  • Party - UKRP
  • Sodomy non sapiens
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2013, 02:34:01 pm »
We should convert to anarcho-syndicalism
<Guitah> not arguing with a Brit about tea is tha sensible thing to do :)
<Appleby> it is common knowledge it is pointless arguing with an addict :p
<Appleby> thus it is pointless arguing about tea with brits

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2013, 03:45:52 pm »
We should convert to anarcho-syndicalism

This.

We should take turns to act as a sort of executive officer for a week.
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

Malkaiser

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2013, 04:03:47 pm »

It's pretty bloody obvious.  To give just a few examples - They oversee the moderators, deal with the structure of the forum and generally manage anything to do with the forum.  They can't do that, nevermind more pro-active stuff if they are not here.

We don't need to define their entire job role between us.  We just need somebody active and bright to take on the role and then they can look after it.

If my company appointed a new managing director, they wouldn't ask the guys in the factory to define his role.  He would be able to come in and make the job his own in his own way.  Effort, activity and ability is what we need rather than a limited checklist of admin functions.

Not great examples. Rearrange forums nobody uses and manage mods with no posts to mod? What exactly has frerk not done, what exactly has gone wrong?

The place is inactive because of community infighting causing regular mass quits.

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2013, 04:37:51 pm »
Frerk himself told me he is extremely busy atm and therefore resigned.
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2013, 07:31:22 pm »

Not great examples. Rearrange forums nobody uses and manage mods with no posts to mod? What exactly has frerk not done, what exactly has gone wrong?

The place is inactive because of community infighting causing regular mass quits.
So stop trying to cause infighting and you won't have to quit when you lose every time..
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Thomas765

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2013, 08:15:41 pm »
tbf the admin pos is being flung around like your city whore this year. I would know. I was one of such beings.

Lionbeard

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2013, 08:27:32 pm »
It lost its gravitas when the forum changed.

It's all about the username colours, and blood red was the sign of authority and repression.

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »
i miss pink username
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2013, 08:34:28 pm »
The forum is fine, if people want it to be busier then they should create more content :3
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: