: Let's make this an eUK forum  ( 6053 )

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
  • : 12057
Re: Let's make this an eUK forum
« #20 : June 30, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »
Are you really suggesting that "ban everyone who isn't British ingame" is a reasonable suggestion? As your first idea I have to say it is massively stupid, especially since you're likely to lose your biggest posters.

I recommended to K that this forum be shut down and personally I think you bunch of flowers justify that recommendation. Why he should pay for you lot of ungrateful swine I don't know.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
  • : 756
« #21 : June 30, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »
Why he should pay for you lot of ungrateful swine I don't know.

Because he created a eUK forum not an "I'll run away because I'm butthurt forum"

Alfagrem

• : 72
« #22 : June 30, 2014, 07:57:37 PM »
I recommended to K that this forum be shut down

I think we should wait for Butjam's clean-up before we second that emotion but the concept of burning this house down and re-starting afresh isn't without its appeal.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
  • : 2732
« #23 : June 30, 2014, 08:05:33 PM »
I recommended to K that this forum be shut down

I think we should wait for Butjam's clean-up before we second that emotion but the concept of burning this house down and re-starting afresh isn't without its appeal.
I'm currently in the process, all old congress has been archived, my next big task is move the public discussion topics into here and make this general discussion and shift out the useless child boards
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
  • : 12057
« #24 : June 30, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »
Why he should pay for you lot of ungrateful swine I don't know.

Because he created a eUK forum not an "I'll run away because I'm butthurt forum"

How about an "I'm an inconsequential nobody whose main achievement is posting 669 times about how much I dislike things because I'm shrivelled old miser with nothing better to do" subforum. We can put you in it and you can do your testicle impression alone.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
  • : 756
« #25 : June 30, 2014, 08:55:25 PM »
you can do your testicle impression alone.

But mine is nowhere near as good as yours

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
  • : 2517
« #26 : June 30, 2014, 09:05:26 PM »
The forums stopped being used for eReppy stuff ages ago.  It nothing but a place to argue with your fellow Interneter nowadays.

Malkaiser

• : 7572
« #27 : June 30, 2014, 09:25:12 PM »
Ignore Iain he is hateful and irrelevent.

I think the thrust of the argument is UK Citizens suggesting things then 10 foreign citizens butting in with "no you can't" (which they did when they were here anyway). I think a forum badge would be enough to help newbies and even congressmen know who to take more notice of, silencing people isn't really my thing (despite Iains ranting to the opposite).

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • : 2899
  • The Legion Commander
« #28 : June 30, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »
If people want a little "eUK Citizen" badge, I'm perfectly okay with that.

Someone make one, and I'll add it.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Malkaiser

« #29 : June 30, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »
Perhaps a yellow foreign citizen badge, yellow like their cowardice ;)

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
  • : 6376
« #30 : June 30, 2014, 10:02:30 PM »
Perhaps a yellow foreign citizen badge, yellow like their cowardice ;)

You'd have a dozen of them for each time you left the country.

How about a traitor badge, a thief badge, a liar badge and a multi-accounter badge?  You could have the full set.  At last you could find a way of becoming the most decorated UK ciitzen.

Niemand

• MU - The Legion
  • : 849
« #31 : June 30, 2014, 10:04:52 PM »
Good idea to give a yellow badge for all that have left the eUK and do not change that ever.
eUk doesn't need cowards.  :roll:
Best to have all those that are suppliers of eUK have a yellow badge.  :green:

More awards for thieves, multi users, liars and traitors I would like too.  :D
Lady of the Lake

MaryamQ

• : 85
« #32 : July 01, 2014, 02:42:30 AM »
The real problem with this proposal, imo, is that you risk making the eUK community ingrown and isolated.  Every national forum that I know of has at least some areas open to the general public regardless of citizenship, although there are always arguments about that by some parts of the community.  I personally am registered on the fora of 5 different countries, in two of which I have never held citizenship.  I am certain that there are others here who have access on more than 5.  That doesn't mean that I post or even read on all of them regularly, but I would be allowed to do so, should I choose it, and I do when there is something I consider important going on.  Many discussions, here and elsewhere, are enriched by having more diverse viewpoints.  If you can't tolerate that, you indeed might as well shut it down.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #33 : July 01, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »
These ideas are all excellent, labelling everyone who we don't like is a great plan and so is excluding the people from other citizenships. To further refine this system I propose that we

1. Also label the members of smaller parties (so we can identify whose ideas don't matter, so the mods know it's fine to remove their subversive ideas)
2. Start making sure we apply RL to all of this, let's make eBritain actually British. All members will be required to answer a patriotic question before each post until providing proof of British Citizenry. Those from other countries, like that Europe place and Bongobongo land will be labelled and herded into smaller, easier to ignore sections
3. The formation of a new tied of moderators. These moderators will be used to track down members in real life to identify dangerous elements of their mind and friendship groups. These members will be marked and any assistance these Super Secret moderators receive will be rewarded. Any opposition will be punished
4. Add a new threshold in the suppression system. Currently 20% is moderated posts and 60% is a ban. With all these new markings and suppression of subversive elements, punishment will be targeted like a finely focused laser at those who deserve it. Thus I propose at 40% we add the option to sterilise the forum user who reaches this. I understand that those of you who are foreign, belonging to small parties or a ingame foreign CS as well, may be worried that you will be targeted by all of this... But don't you think it's for the best?

Malkaiser

« #34 : July 01, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »
Sure the ways to deal with it are ridiculous, but I do belive that having most of the discussion done or shot down by forigs is a problem.

Perhaps getting more people here is a solution?

McAfee01

• Woldean Court
  • : 9341
« #35 : July 01, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »
Butjam is just gradually introducing changes that will one day afford him the unquestionable authority of a true Big Brother society that he has long seeked.

Trufax
10x congressman | 1x Congressional Committee |[/color]Minister of Foreign Affairs x4| Minister of Home Affairs x1 | Minister of Recruitment x2 | Recreating George Orwell's 1984 on eRepublik since 2010 | Winner of the Totally Legit Fellow Award (2011)[/b]

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #36 : July 01, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »
Butjam is just gradually introducing changes that will one day afford him the unquestionable authority of a true Big Brother society that he has long seeked.

Trufax
User added to membergroup "Ministry of Truth"

Board 101 should be visible to you now, could you just pop in there and look at some of those topics please?

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
  • : 2517
« #37 : July 01, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »
Perhaps a yellow foreign citizen badge

Next you'll be wanting to identify the gays, it'll only be a matter of time before you want to drown the disabled at birth.

jxm

• : 70
« #38 : July 01, 2014, 11:45:44 PM »
Perhaps a yellow foreign citizen badge

Next you'll be wanting to identify the gays, it'll only be a matter of time before you want to drown the disabled at birth.
Preach.
Jayxm
MoD x3

Malkaiser

« #39 : July 02, 2014, 07:05:45 AM »
Well done someone finally got the joke.

: :
:
/
: