eRepublik UK

Author Topic: Server  (Read 6079 times)

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
  • I'm Just Causally Taking A Sh*t In Your Toilet
Re: Server
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 11:37:04 pm »
Minecraft is a game i've never been particularly good at. I tend to get into this repetitive cycle of Farming, Mining and sometimes sleeping. Resulting in boredom.

And everyone seems to be able to make much better constructions than myself. So it adds a level of depression. Basically i'm shit at the game

_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png
The Legion 3rd Division (Carlini's Avengers)
Captain Spygon

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • Everything is a statistic.
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 12:22:40 am »
Minecraft is a game i've never been particularly good at. I tend to get into this repetitive cycle of Farming, Mining and sometimes sleeping. Resulting in boredom.

And everyone seems to be able to make much better constructions than myself. So it adds a level of depression. Basically i'm shit at the game

I wanna build something new, so if server comes back up, I would love to build with you.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 03:07:25 pm »

It's much much more fun playing with this lot than alone.

We could plan a community build or something, might be fun.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 04:01:07 pm »

Probably wont last, we even put rules down before about building close, we ended up having some of the longest railways our MC servers history lol.

But I am down for building something together, no idea on what though. A theme park?

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 07:25:59 pm »

Yeah, I used to do a little bit of minecraft with some friends on the xbox. We got enough entertainment out of building a castle or something then saving and making TNT cannons to blow them up (Bonus points for tricking a friend to going in and killing him).

I would like to play with you guys and maybe try and make an underground city, But I can't see my self lasting long on it :L

Captain Spygon

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 12:09:59 am »

Yeah, I used to do a little bit of minecraft with some friends on the xbox. We got enough entertainment out of building a castle or something then saving and making TNT cannons to blow them up (Bonus points for tricking a friend to going in and killing him).

I would like to play with you guys and maybe try and make an underground city, But I can't see my self lasting long on it :L

I'd be up for a dwarvenesque city.

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 08:23:35 am »
I would be up for anything building wise only don't plan massive things, keep it smallish :)

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 02:22:54 pm »
would also be fun to do one of those custom mod packs were you have a quest book, but I truly don't know if thats possible.

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2016, 02:46:42 pm »
hey Bask is there something wrong with my MC or is the server not up?

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 11:09:53 am »

:(

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 07:06:45 pm »

Has he disappeared again?

Captain Spygon

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »

Has he disappeared again?

He might be busy. People have lives you know... whatever that may be.

BaskB

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 09:42:07 am »
Am still here but the server is seriously buggered.

Will be rebuilding it this weekend (complete OS install from scratch) and then try again, please bear with me
Regiment 5 - Legion

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 09:48:04 am »

Will be rebuilding it this weekend (complete OS install from scratch) and then try again, please bear with me
sorry to hear it is such a mess and if you don't feel up to it I completely understand. You have put so much effort in thsi already over the years and we always all disappear for long period of time...

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 05:37:26 pm »
I'd be up for a group project of some sort. :D

Also, sorry to hear about the server issues, and as Mitte said, if you don't want to host it, then don't feel obligated to do so for the sake of us lot.

- LS
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »
Yeah, it's not the end of the world if we lose the server, if people are still interested in doing something community wise we can try find a free to play game with public servers and join as a group.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

BaskB

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2016, 12:41:22 pm »
Dont fear server will be re built (am doing so tonight)

I think the world is lost though due to a redstone device as previously mentioned, thus we will likely restart...

As a result I've been thinking of putting up 2 worlds:-

1. Creative - For the builders amongst us that just casually want to play or we could just set this up as a survival server

2. End of Skyblock - Been playing this one alot myself in single player and figured might make a cool multiplayer version. http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/1558173-surv-1-7-x-the-end-of-skyblock It's a nice challenge initially and with the limited dirt and sand, 1 bucket of lava only (nether is a void) makes you really really think about the game alot. It's completely possible to complete the game (kill the dragon) in this version, but is time consuming and not a fast game (to get diamonds etc you have to cure Zombie Villagers which requires potions etc in the first place but they need blaze rods etc...)

Regiment 5 - Legion

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2016, 04:51:39 pm »
I'll finish my build of Atlantis one day!!

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 09:39:49 pm »
If you do the second one it would be nice to have a creative one to really just build but it is no must. I can enjoy starting from scratch with wood and dirt :p

Artela

• Woldean Court
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 06:20:03 pm »

Ah, so that's why I've not been able to get to it.
And now I can, I'm blocked. And reading the other threads, now not interested, I'll stay elsewhere. One of the main things in minecraft is exploring - it is not all about building pretty stuff. It's about being pioneers, exploring, expanding, questing, fighting for survival against the odds. To restrict things to small area building is counter-intuitive and kills the game.
Baroness of Devonshire, VC MBE CGC DSO KCVS | History in Artela's Wiki

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: