Author Topic: Recent game updates  (Read 535 times)

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
  • I'm Just Causally Taking A Sh*t In Your Toilet
Recent game updates
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:20:53 pm »
I fought I'd do a quick run down on the recent game changes so if any of you are looking to get back in the game. You can decided not to!

First off is the economy update. This is a very interesting and probably the best update they have done in ages. They have given us the ability not to only put companies in different countries, but choose the region which you put it in as well. When doing this you have to look at all the different factors like region bonuses and pollution as well as taxes and wages. It has given companies a bit more depth and meaning to them.

The biggest problem with this update however has nothing to do with the mechanics to it. It's a long story but basically when they first announced the update, the admins did a resource war. All the countries placed their resources according to the new updates rules. Except for Romania, they placed theirs that would not have benefited them in any way. Then the admins announced a "clarification" at the end of the resource war that ended up only benefiting this 1 country.

The next update they promised was the airplane one. The promised that it would be a new player friendly war module. However they couldn't have gotten it more wrong. The first part of it is where the airplane battles only take place every 4 rounds. So they have limited these players to 3 - 4 rounds throughout the battle. So if they miss 1 aircraft battle they have to wait a maximum of 6 hours for the next one to start.

One of the next updates that is due which I hope they dont mess up is a political one. They are bringing back regional governors. Not many details have been said about it but it's believed that they can have their own taxes in certain regions and possibly have their own little treasuries to spend money on things like production boosters ect. So hopefully this one will make up for their poor update in the war aspect.

Fun fact, I read somewhere the eRepublik Labs' profits fell by 60% last year

_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png
The Legion 3rd Division (Carlini's Avengers)
Captain Spygon

Lionbeard

• Party - UKRP
Re: Recent game updates
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 08:57:18 am »
All the countries placed their resources according to the new updates rules. Except for Romania, they placed theirs that would not have benefited them in any way. Then the admins announced a "clarification" at the end of the resource war that ended up only benefiting this 1 country.

What a surprise. :roll:
"Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force!" Barbie

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 10:48:23 am »
If it wasn't for that one thing the update would have been pretty good. But the admins have just pissed their players off more :/

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Captain Spygon

painkiller789

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 05:37:02 pm »
But the admins have just pissed their players off more :/

So nothing new then
Quote from: Bob Boblo
Painkiller is awesome

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 09:13:22 pm »
Pretty much :)

Captain Spygon

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: