Author Topic: EU giving the UK whatever it wants  (Read 1641 times)

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • Everything is a statistic.
EU giving the UK whatever it wants
« on: July 25, 2016, 10:33:35 am »
I am quite surprised at this. Germany said they'd make us pay dearly, after assisting the decline of our currency a tad, they've realised their own currency is basically directly attached to ours, and they export a shittonne to us, so are now like we're friends.

And apparently we might get a EU freedom of movement exemption for up to 7 yrs?

I smell a plot hatching. They're apparently even ignoring France's anger at this.

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
Re: EU giving the UK whatever it wants
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 10:37:28 am »
Also, turns out USA like we gunna take 10+ yrs to trade with the UK after we leave. I truthfully hope we don't trade with them after we leave.

(If Trump wins, he's gunna probably make us first priority, cause he seems to have a boner about the UK atm)

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:41:37 pm »
the eu is using the single market as a hostage to force the free movement ideology on britain
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:08:13 pm »
the eu is using the single market as a hostage to force the free movement ideology on britain

Well it seems like the EU is starting to crack even more rapidly. So it is looking like the UK (assuming people don't dick us over in our own government like usual), might just get a deal that other members will prefer.

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
  • I'm Just Causally Taking A Sh*t In Your Toilet
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 11:00:18 pm »
What do you guys think is going to happen to the pound to euro? Personally I don't see it affecting me much but the whole "we lost a whole 2p" thing imo was blown out of proportion.

_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png
The Legion 3rd Division (Carlini's Avengers)
Captain Spygon

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »
What do you guys think is going to happen to the pound to euro? Personally I don't see it affecting me much but the whole "we lost a whole 2p" thing imo was blown out of proportion.

The pound to euro, or pound to usd has always been relatively turbulent. The only reason it was an issue was due to idiotic politicians like cameron who scaremongered. It also didn't help Osbourne even though he was charged with the job of exchequer; he didn't put together a exit plan, this gave everyone the impression that the pound would be a bad currency to invest in, so people sold, although it is also believed that some rich twats thought it a wise scare tactic to make us stay.

Overall, the pound being lower in value is actually sort of good, it means we can compete a little better in exports and truthfully, apart from rich cunts, it doesn't effect anything else imho.

In the long run currency wise, the power of the pound hasn't really faltered, as if the pound goes down the drain, so does the euro, and so does the rest of the world into recession. The pound is a serious player in terms of accounting around the world. (Seeing as London processes like 70% of the EUs accounts, although this might change, but it would cost the EU a fucking shittonne to do this.)

Hopefully the pound scare tactics have shown many that the rich truly don't deserve their riches and will hopefully make a shift of politics for the people running the show instead of whoever gets the biggest pay cheque.

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
  • I'm Just Causally Taking A Sh*t In Your Toilet
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 10:05:25 pm »
So what bad things have come from leaving?

_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png
The Legion 3rd Division (Carlini's Avengers)
Captain Spygon

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 10:39:26 am »
So what bad things have come from leaving?

Racism has reached heights similar to after WWII when polish and jewish immigrants were routinely beat and even raped. Rape and Brutality in our prisons has reached heights that are extremely worrying. We are missing millions, even billions of funding from foreign investment. The rich are taking more privileges than ever before, some even making millions in this chaos.

Overall, the divide of rich and poor has grown so large, there is literally no way you can fix the gap in the next 100 years without some serious downsizing of peoples wealth. Plus the racism has become so commonplace, we're actually doing more damage to ourselves than terrorists ever have.

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 11:28:41 am »
nonsense, rascism is the least its ever been

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 11:33:32 am »
nonsense, rascism is the least its ever been

You must be blind, I see almost every day people who apparently look foreign are told to go home, theres been police constantly being called to stop hate crimes. Pretty much 90% of those being asked to go home are full British citizens, and most have been so for 2-3 generations or more.

Racism has got out of control.

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 01:35:53 pm »
well you live in redneck country.

dont see much of this happening in the north

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 02:33:02 pm »
well you live in redneck country.

dont see much of this happening in the north

I live in one of the safest places in the country. If you don't see it you're most likely being oblivious to it or no foreigners or those deemed to be 'foreign' live near you. I don't know the composition of the north in terms of skin colour etc. (Especially as the north is much more conservative in opinion than the south or east.)

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »
northern population centers have a much larger forig amounts than your area

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 07:28:23 pm »
northern population centers have a much larger forig amounts than your area

I've never been up north long enough to know that, so its definitely happening near you. I live in the east so the ratios are quite rapid depending on which city or county, but I do believe places like Manchester, Glasgow and Leeds probably do rival even Londons diversity. (Probably for the wrong reasons though.)

Racism is getting out of control steadily though, sadly its mainly aimed at EU citizens, and now an insane amount of EU citizens are applying for UK citizenship to not get kicked out. (Although technically they can't get just kicked out due to half of them living here long enough to permanently get a visa and other reasons.)

Its not too bad where I live, but it is getting worse slowly. It doesn't help a few foreigners have started saying they're bored because they can't get a job when a few of them are here from war torn countries or staying here to avoid other dangers from where they are from.

It wont be long before something truly tips it all over the edge.

Emergy Maxfell

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 11:56:11 pm »
Also, turns out USA like we gunna take 10+ yrs to trade with the UK after we leave. I truthfully hope we don't trade with them after we leave.

(If Trump wins, he's gunna probably make us first priority, cause he seems to have a boner about the UK atm)

When all is said and done I'd be very surprised if the US doesn't give the UK whatever it wants.

The only snag may be legislative (if new laws need to be passed) as the US House of Representatives is currently refusing to do anything useful whatsoever. This will likely intensify if Hilary gets elected.
Emergy Maxfell, OBE MC KCVS
Fmr. DPM, MoF, MP, GOC RAC, Commodore & Quartermaster

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 10:01:05 am »

When all is said and done I'd be very surprised if the US doesn't give the UK whatever it wants.

The only snag may be legislative (if new laws need to be passed) as the US House of Representatives is currently refusing to do anything useful whatsoever. This will likely intensify if Hilary gets elected.

If the USA takes too long, it will be so easy for the UK to trade with others and benefit more. I think it goes to show that the USA which claimed to not make the same mistakes as the old empires, is doing the exact same mistakes but worse.

As you can guess I am very anti-american in terms of its government. I do not condemn its people for they're truly unknowing of the bullshit that America does worldwide due to more corrupt media than Hitler and Stalin combined.

Emergy Maxfell

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 07:24:20 pm »
If the USA takes too long, it will be so easy for the UK to trade with others and benefit more. I think it goes to show that the USA which claimed to not make the same mistakes as the old empires, is doing the exact same mistakes but worse.

As you can guess I am very anti-american in terms of its government. I do not condemn its people for they're truly unknowing of the bullshit that America does worldwide due to more corrupt media than Hitler and Stalin combined.
It's pretty fucked. The US House of Representatives is heavy gerrymandered and non-representative of its constituents, and has been since 2010. The Republicans have drawn congressional district lines to ensure, regardless of actual voting, they will be able to maintain control of the HoR until at least 2022 and bock any forward progress on anything.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1631491628

Emergy Maxfell, OBE MC KCVS
Fmr. DPM, MoF, MP, GOC RAC, Commodore & Quartermaster

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 12:00:41 am »

It's pretty fucked. The US House of Representatives is heavy gerrymandered and non-representative of its constituents, and has been since 2010. The Republicans have drawn congressional district lines to ensure, regardless of actual voting, they will be able to maintain control of the HoR until at least 2022 and bock any forward progress on anything.

The rate its going, I don't expect the USA to be a country in 25yrs time. It'll be divided into smaller countries.

Lady Rainicorn

• Sexiest Voice in the eUK
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 11:43:37 pm »

The rate its going, I don't expect the USA to be a country in 25yrs time. It'll be divided into smaller countries.

Yeah I can see that

Founder of eUK Domestic eCricket League
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 10:27:50 am »

Yeah I can see that

Well if Trump wins, he wants to use nuclear weapons almost immediately. So that is a possibility.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: