Can we keep this all on topic.

pfft.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
Re: Claims
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 09:38:53 pm »
you can put new 4 in the north space

If they don't mind being fairly far north then there is an area there they can all be together, just need to leave enough room for the community project area.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • Everything is a statistic.
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 11:21:35 pm »

If they don't mind being fairly far north then there is an area there they can all be together, just need to leave enough room for the community project area.

I heavily doubt they're gunna keep it connected to the rest of the place, most likely wall it off or something.

Artela

• Woldean Court
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 12:47:07 am »
Okay, no more shit slinging please.

Can we keep this all on topic.

I'd just like to say, finally, that we only had probems from a couple of people, and sadly someone is still trying to continue it. We're no different to the Union when they existed on the server except for one thing, some of our team are American. Xenphobia is alive and well I think. :(

I'm happy to stay on topic provided they are :)
Baroness of Devonshire, VC MBE CGC DSO KCVS | History in Artela's Wiki

Artela

• Woldean Court
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 12:50:11 am »

That sounds good, although of course I can't see what's there without being whitelisted lol.
And the community project area being between JD and the other project spaces is possibly a good thing given the animosity of some toward our little cooperative group.

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 03:08:17 am »
I would be fine with you playing, but you've never exactly been nice, (and I have given up being nice towards you).

I don't agree with you joining and just starting a whole other project up and ignoring the whole point of this server.

If you play and continue the shit you usually end up doing, I will just leave the server after finishing my build.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 11:22:47 am »
As long as everyone follows the rules we've set in place then there should be no issue.

No redstone machines
No mining/building outside of plots or town

And all of the roads going north,south, east and west need to be kept straight as much as possible with the diagonal ones being shaped around plots as we see fit.

I'll draw a quick map of current claims, and also mark on the plans we have for city walls and such.

There was a plan for a wall around the plots in a big octagon, which would be one of your boundaries and then you could claim the area outside the wall also.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 11:38:18 am by RodneyMcKay »

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

Artela

• Woldean Court
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 11:29:19 pm »
No redstone machines

Please define. Does this mean no redstone use at all, or just no redstone timers, or what?

Also, does this server have nether? If so, are there even more rules for that?

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2016, 03:09:05 am »
No redstone machines

Please define. Does this mean no redstone use at all, or just no redstone timers, or what?

Redstone to a minimum.

Also, nether wise, we assume its the same limit as the overworld, however; we are not 100% sure, so don't make any new portals as you might just get stuck somewhere or die.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 08:55:37 am »
No redstone machines

We don't have a long list of rules just agreements that we won't do certain things on the server to make the experience better for everyone and limit people hogging massive areas.

The nether is being used, we have a stronghold right next to the central gate, there is no need for extra gates as there is no building or mining outside of your plot.

No redstone that loops or that never stops, no sorters, no animal farms. But auto cookers with hoppers are fine as they run out of fuel eventually.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 01:14:44 pm »
No redstone machines

We don't have a long list of rules just agreements that we won't do certain things on the server to make the experience better for everyone and limit people hogging massive areas.

The nether is being used, we have a stronghold right next to the central gate, there is no need for extra gates as there is no building or mining outside of your plot.

No redstone that loops or that never stops, no sorters, no animal farms. But auto cookers with hoppers are fine as they run out of fuel eventually.

Bask asked for auto smelters to be limited to a maximum of 2 furnaces.

BaskB

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 04:10:21 pm »
Hey all,

Sorry am still stuck out at Sea and this particular company have blocked all access to https://, SSH & FTP the 3 ways I usually access the server offshore so the only thing I can access is the damn map!!

Rules are as per Rodney/Apron as mentioned when it comes to Redstone because we are all so closely located the lag will affect anyone not on a super connection etc and also end up destroying the server if it gets stuck.

BUT.......

Joy Division - An other alternative for you guys if we wish to keep the peace is that once I return I'll create/host you a new world on the server (thus have 2 worlds running) this I can make Artela an op on so you can control Whitelist etc at your own leisure and of course set your own rules for it :)

So upto you guys, you can join us on the limited world, or have your own with your own rules. Either way to keep the peace and all happy really :)

Oh and it doesnt mean any extra work for me either is literally just a few mouse clicks :)
Regiment 5 - Legion

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 08:59:25 pm »
That's pretty much solved the issues I think.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

Artela

• Woldean Court
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2016, 04:58:11 pm »
So, pretty much, on the nether thing, you all seem to be forgetting the ratios of nether to overworld and have already claimed what there is if you've done it on a 1:1 ratio instead of 8xoverworld=1xnether? So we'll be screwed joining late anyway?

On redstone, we get the thing about not disrupting the server, really we do. Are we even allowed to run rail?

As to a separate game on the server, well, I'll ask the others, but really it was wanting to be able to be on the same server as other people for trade, etc that appeals. You know, just like the union used to do? But we get if some of the stuff we do is too sophisicated or complex for those who just want to build pretty buildings. We'll get back to you considering that you all seem to have pretty much made the rules and exploited the available area in a fashion designed to deliberately ostracise us :(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:03:03 pm by Artela »

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 08:36:35 pm »
So, pretty much, on the nether thing, you all seem to be forgetting the ratios of nether to overworld and have already claimed what there is if you've done it on a 1:1 ratio instead of 8xoverworld=1xnether? So we'll be screwed joining late anyway?

On redstone, we get the thing about not disrupting the server, really we do. Are we even allowed to run rail?

As to a separate game on the server, well, I'll ask the others, but really it was wanting to be able to be on the same server as other people for trade, etc that appeals. You know, just like the union used to do? But we get if some of the stuff we do is too sophisicated or complex for those who just want to build pretty buildings. We'll get back to you considering that you all seem to have pretty much made the rules and exploited the available area in a fashion designed to deliberately ostracise us :(

We are not forgetting the ratios, I clearly said be fucking careful with the nether.

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2016, 09:09:30 pm »
I called Bask and I asked to start a little server again so I could play some minecraft with some people I know. Turned out some people were thinking on starting up with minecraft again themselves.  Nothing too fancy nothing big because we never stick to it for very long but close together with the emphasis on together. The only  question that was left was, would it be creative or survival. In my opinion anyone is welcome within the rules that were made of in the beginning. Take it or leave it. I hate this when there is words and then in the end no one shows up anymore because of bad atmosphere and then follows boredom for the once left behind. 

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 09:18:23 pm »
We'll get back to you considering that you all seem to have pretty much made the rules and exploited the available area in a fashion designed to deliberately ostracise us

This is hilarious.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 09:20:36 pm »
I called Bask and I asked to start a little server again so I could play some minecraft with some people I know. Turned out some people were thinking on starting up with minecraft again themselves.  Nothing too fancy nothing big because we never stick to it for very long but close together with the emphasis on together. The only  question that was left was, would it be creative or survival. In my opinion anyone is welcome within the rules that were made of in the beginning. Take it or leave it. I hate this when there is words and then in the end no one shows up anymore because of bad atmosphere and then follows boredom for the once left behind. 

I'm still playing, I've done quite a lot lately, roads are being finished up.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 09:30:45 pm »
I'm still playing, I've done quite a lot lately, roads are being finished up.

Same here, I go on for an hour or so once I'm home from Uni and I'm on atm.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: