eRepublik UK

Author Topic: Claims  (Read 2206 times)

Artela

• Woldean Court
Re: Claims
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2016, 12:14:05 am »
I hate this when there is words and then in the end no one shows up anymore because of bad atmosphere and then follows boredom for the once left behind. 

Last time around it dwindled to just you, me and maybe two others. That was before JD came along and one of he reasons why JD came and joined in. The dwindling happened first. It's a shame because I'd've quite liked to have played alongside you again Mitte, but we're not exactly being made to feel we'd be at all welcome, especially by the ones who came along after we'd been the mainstay of the server for ages.

Best thing is if you all obviously don't want us here then for Bask to give the last OK backup to Darqen of the old map and we'll host that on the Radiostar server and stay out of everyone's way I guess.

We are not forgetting the ratios, I clearly said be fucking careful with the nether.

Maybe read what Rodney said which was:
The nether is being used, we have a stronghold right next to the central gate, there is no need for extra gates as there is no building or mining outside of your plot.
Implying that the nether is out of bounds because it's already taken and that using the nether even within our boundaries is out of the question, either that or that nether is not regarded as being "in our plot".
Baroness of Devonshire, VC MBE CGC DSO KCVS | History in Artela's Wiki

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • Everything is a statistic.
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2016, 01:46:25 am »
I hate this when there is words and then in the end no one shows up anymore because of bad atmosphere and then follows boredom for the once left behind. 

Last time around it dwindled to just you, me and maybe two others. That was before JD came along and one of he reasons why JD came and joined in. The dwindling happened first. It's a shame because I'd've quite liked to have played alongside you again Mitte, but we're not exactly being made to feel we'd be at all welcome, especially by the ones who came along after we'd been the mainstay of the server for ages.

Best thing is if you all obviously don't want us here then for Bask to give the last OK backup to Darqen of the old map and we'll host that on the Radiostar server and stay out of everyone's way I guess.

We are not forgetting the ratios, I clearly said be fucking careful with the nether.

Maybe read what Rodney said which was:
The nether is being used, we have a stronghold right next to the central gate, there is no need for extra gates as there is no building or mining outside of your plot.
Implying that the nether is out of bounds because it's already taken and that using the nether even within our boundaries is out of the question, either that or that nether is not regarded as being "in our plot".

He only meant its being used, as in people are going in there to mine, no one owns the nether. He never implied its out of bounds.

ADD: there is just zero need for another gate, as the world just isn't big enough to require it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:54:11 am by ApronChef »

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2016, 07:04:33 am »
I'm still playing, I've done quite a lot lately, roads are being finished up.

Same here, I go on for an hour or so once I'm home from Uni and I'm on atm.
yes I can see :)

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

mittekemuis

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2016, 07:07:38 am »

I like playing with you guys Artela. There is room to play, and yes it is a bit restricted, but is that so big a problem? It is nice we are all close. 

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2016, 10:07:20 am »
Yeah, I meant the nether is open and free to be used. Everything else is correct, no need for extra gates as everyone is close together.

but we're not exactly being made to feel we'd be at all welcome, especially by the ones who came along after we'd been the mainstay of the server for ages.

Who are these "ones" you mention, everyone here has been playing on Basks server much longer than you?

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

BaskB

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2016, 10:26:37 am »
*Sigh*

Nether is OPEN to all, Rodneys "we" comment reference the Nether fortress was that "we" had located one near the gate not that "we" owned it.

Anyways for those whom werent aware, the world border ALSO applies in the nether BUT ONE MAJOR diffrerence, from what am aware it follows the same size as the overworld.

ie if overworld is 1500,1500 square, the nether is ALSO 1500,1500 square, the rule of 8 doesnt apply to the border but gates etc are, so building at 1499,1499 in the Nether will spawn you in an area of the overworld outside the border and you will die.

With a 1500,1500 world one gate is really all we need, even from the corners of the map it takes minutes to run back to the centre.

But we get if some of the stuff we do is too sophisicated or complex for those who just want to build pretty buildings

Really unhelpful comment....

Are we even allowed to run rail?

Yes but lets build it properly if so, ie one redstone rail every 8 blocks or so rather than entire redstone rail that is constantly active. Perhaps even use detector rails to limit the active live redstone.

While the redstone rules are stricter this is designed to make MY life simpler in running the server NOTHING else, noone else specificed these rules, this is MY rule as admin, I simply don't want to keep having to restart the server every 6 months because someone builds a redstone machine that goes haywire, 2 worlds we've lost now to redstone (last one and original Townton due to the chicken machine incident).

The worldborder rule simply is to keep us all together as a test. Every world we play we all spread so far apart, everyone never sees anyone again so it essentially becomes a Single Player game. Yes Joy Division you work as a unit, but the rest of us have such different playtimes we cant actually do that (Myself and Mitte have completely opposite playtimes for example but try to work together when we can)

"Hopefully" I should be getting off the boat in next few days, and then can get you all whitelisted. Until then can you ALL at least try to get along on the forum of all places....

Regiment 5 - Legion

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 08:34:10 pm »
STOP DELETING MY COMMENT!

BaskB

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2016, 01:38:41 pm »

Wasn't me so must have been one of the other mods, however I'm assuming it wasn't obviously therefore a friendly comment anyway, so probably would have removed it myself had I seen it.

Lets keep it friendly remember :)
Regiment 5 - Legion

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2016, 05:42:07 pm »

Wasn't me so must have been one of the other mods, however I'm assuming it wasn't obviously therefore a friendly comment anyway, so probably would have removed it myself had I seen it.

Lets keep it friendly remember :)

Oh, I know who deleted it. Artela is hardly being friendly for calling everyone a idiot, remove her comments.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2016, 07:41:57 pm »
I just want to play some Minecraft and not get into all this shit slinging, if I've said anything or mentioned any rules that were misunderstood just PM me and I'll clarify and if there is a rule we have set that gets in the way of a build/idea we can always change and make exceptions.

No need to get mean or nasty about a game.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

BaskB

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2016, 03:19:06 pm »
Ok, back on land :)

Tommorow night back ingame and we can get things moving again :)
Regiment 5 - Legion

Viridi

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2016, 06:54:43 pm »
Minecraft does not work very well - java is up to date, minecraft is up to date, and yet the server freezes on Loading Terrain. Singplayer loads fine but any multiplayer server and it just keeps loading until it expires.

Any ideas?
ive done some things

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2016, 07:41:22 pm »
Minecraft does not work very well - java is up to date, minecraft is up to date, and yet the server freezes on Loading Terrain. Singplayer loads fine but any multiplayer server and it just keeps loading until it expires.

Any ideas?

Try optifine?

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

darqen

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2016, 09:42:25 pm »
So because we are american's, we can not play?

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2016, 09:57:19 pm »
Clearly you're just trying to stir up shit at this point, no one said Americans were banned.

I'll temp ban the next person to derail.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

darqen

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2016, 09:57:55 pm »
This is not going to end well.

It will be fine if this time people don't come and take our stuff etc :)

This is a community project, not a community project plus some gobby americans.

Also, who the hell would travel the 6 billion blocks to wherever you where to steal from you, you clearly were stealing from each other.

Globby americans?!?

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2016, 09:58:50 pm »
Congratulations, enjoy a temp ban.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

Artela

• Woldean Court
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2016, 12:00:27 am »
Congratulations, enjoy a temp ban.

Oh come on. That's just immature on your part!
He was either querying what that actually meant, or quoting an example of not being welcome. If you can't see that then I despair.

[Edit: Having talked to Darqen now, the level of Xenophobia in here is sufficient to consider it isn't worth it. Congratulations. You ran off the Americans AND their associated Brits. Go you :( No wonder I prefer to hang with Americans]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:11:06 am by Artela »
Baroness of Devonshire, VC MBE CGC DSO KCVS | History in Artela's Wiki

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2016, 01:30:23 am »
I don't play, so I don't really have to risk upsetting anybody that doesn't want to play with me...

The very fact I have to use stern admin colour when the forum is this dead is a bit pathetic. Artela, consider how your own behaviour is contributing to this 'feud', Apron stop being so damn grumpy and Rodney, thank you for following through and being consistent. Any more whinging and slinging and I'm just gonna edit your posts for my own amusement
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2016, 02:19:19 am »
#dicksoutforButjam
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: