Author Topic: A question to the Verterns  (Read 666 times)

Bothers

A question to the Verterns
« on: January 08, 2009, 08:46:23 pm »
I as well as many other members of the UK (i am guess from who I have spoken to), would like to ask a simple question that will more then like get a simple answer.

we as UK ecitizens are encouraged to use this very forum and be "active". but what I really what to know is how people define "active"?

i my self check these forums every few days just to check on any changes, will I am keeping up to date with event i rarely post and do not feel the need to repeat what others have already posted even if i feel the same, i have considered started a topic about "something relevant" but have yet to think of a subject or cause for concern that hasn't already been addressed and wont sound like i am moaning.

So i ask....How can I demonstrate my activeness on these forums?

Bother  :D

funky44

Re: A question to the Verterns
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 08:50:04 pm »
Well activity usually starts in the regional forums or from the party forums. It is easier to get immersed there as the environment is less hostile at times.  :D
Founder of the House of Funk
People who can suck on "it". - V

[22:19:03] <Anaxima> I've been fisting

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:51:17 pm »
Checking with any military involvement. If there are orders, a simple "done" post will suffice. Otherwise, in the party forums, a simple opinion every now and then also suffices.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Tommy Tommasino

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:51:28 pm »
Quote from: "funky44"
Well activity usually starts in the regional forums or from the party forums. It is easier to get immersed there as the environment is less hostile at times.  :D

Yeah join a party or just post a bit in the random forums perhaps? make some friends and take time to meet people from eUK.

If you don't have a strong political opinion now, it'll come eventually I'm sure.

Or perhaps you could volunteer to help either in a ministry, or the NHS for example.
Every Single One
Movement for Democratic Unity

Tommy Tommasino, eUK

Bothers

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 09:05:42 pm »
I must thank you all for a quick reply.

and Tommy how would a person like me get involved in volunteering for a ministry, that sounds very interesting as one I would like to pursue a career in politics.
 :?:
Bothers

Tommy Tommasino

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 09:07:49 pm »
Quote from: "Bothers"
I must thank you all for a quick reply.

and Tommy how would a person like me get involved in volunteering for a ministry, that sounds very interesting as one I would like to pursue a career in politics.
 :?:
Bothers

See the 'congress ministers' thread (think its either on general forums or public discussion), and from there see which ministry you'd like to get involved in (there's descriptions of them there :) ).

Then you have to contact the appropriate minister and ask to become an apprentice.

regards

tommy
Every Single One
Movement for Democratic Unity

Tommy Tommasino, eUK

Jizm

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:08 pm »
It shouldn't have to be a chore :)

The regional forums are a push in the right direction, and then party forums. Once you feel comfortable with the people around you posting becomes much easier as you arn't so woried about people biting your head off!

In the west midlands (my region) we have games n stuff to get people talking and involved (hazzn makes them. I have to say that ;) ). We also have a private WM forum so only a few people in your region can see what you post. That makes it easier too.

If your region doesn't have this stuff just make it! Not all topics have to be serious. And you won't be the only 1 whos a bit lost! I've bin here month and I still am  :roll:

HazzN

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 10:18:45 pm »
Quote from: "Jizm"
(hazzn makes them. I have to say that ;) )

:lol:

Squiddy

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 11:28:02 pm »
My definition for active in Erepublik would be having a position of authority and responsibility whilst upholding your duties to that position. The more you talk to people, the better known you become. The more you talk, the more active you appear. The more positions you have, again, the more active you appear.
Squiddy  

Current: Lord of Atlantis - HoL
Ex: Congressman of the United Kingdom (7), Director of Zycon Industries, Minister of Foreign Affairs (3), Commanding Officer of the RG & Navy, Leader of The Unity Party (3) and Lord.

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 12:31:29 am »
I believe activity is the visibility a person achieves in the forums. Either from volunteering their opinion on matters or asking a question, as Bothers has done.
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:45:20 am »
yeah just post and do some stuff...yeah :D

Bothers

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 08:59:49 am »
Thanks you all, i feel this has made things clearer for not only me but many others.

I will begin to show my face on the forum in the right  and get my opinions across.

Bothers

funky44

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 09:03:33 am »
If you have any questions, we are glad to be of service.  :D
Founder of the House of Funk
People who can suck on "it". - V

[22:19:03] <Anaxima> I've been fisting

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: