Author Topic: When did % warnings come into effect  (Read 2662 times)

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
When did % warnings come into effect
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:52:00 pm »
I've read several of the latest announcements (since forum software change) and seen no reference to % warning system in the OPs. When did this system come into effect and why was nobody told and the rules not updated?

Are we allowed to know what the tiers for this are and where is our % visible?
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Lady Rainicorn

• Sexiest Voice in the eUK
Re: When did % warnings come into effect
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:03:04 pm »
I believe it came into effect with the forum changeover, though one of the tech fellas would have to confirm this

I can see the percentage level on your normal profile page, (if you can't  I assume it is something that is easy enough to enable)
Founder of eUK Domestic eCricket League
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:56 pm »
Quote from: Frerk
The new forum software means all current bans and infractions are gone and that we're going to use a new system for warnings, which involves a loss of posting powers upon the accumulation of too many points.

That's the only reference I found. It doesn't really explain anything at all.

I don't see anything on my profile summary, which is where I would expect it to show.
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Lady Rainicorn

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:26:14 pm »
The new forum software means all current bans and infractions are gone and that we're going to use a new system for warnings, which involves a loss of posting powers upon the accumulation of too many points.

I don't see anything on my profile summary, which is where I would expect it to show.

Right as far as I understand it,

Lets say your new to the forum or have a clean record you sit on 0%, you do something naughty and gain 5% or 10% (this is normally my general rule depending on severity) these points then decay by 1% each day you don't have another infraction. So a 5% warning after 5 days of being good is gone.

When you reach 20% your posts are moderated for one day for every % you are over 20% (ala jamesw atm), so 22% would be 2 days of moderated posting.

At 60% bans begin to come into effect.

Hope this clears a bit up

Afraid an admin will have to comment on viewing your own percentage as thats above my power.
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 08:29:17 pm »

Lets say your new to the forum or have a clean record you sit on 0%, you do something naughty and gain 5% or 10% (this is normally my general rule depending on severity) these points then decay by 1% each day you don't have another infraction. So a 5% warning after 5 days of being good is gone.

When you reach 20% your posts are moderated for one day for every % you are over 20% (ala jamesw atm), so 22% would be 2 days of moderated posting.

Afraid an admin will have to comment on viewing your own percentage as thats above my power.

So how on earth is a post in a thread that an admin locked and deemed acceptable worthy of a 10% warning?  2 days after it was locked and 6 days after the post!

Clue: the answer is that kdogg sucks big time

Lady Rainicorn

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 08:32:55 pm »

So how on earth is a post in a thread that an admin locked and deemed acceptable worthy of a 10% warning?  2 days after it was locked and 6 days after the post!

Personally - I'm not sure, it should have been dealt with at the time of the original locking. Warnings now just stoke dead fires.

Obv I can't over rule a fellow Gmod but would suggest those affected bring the issue up with Butjam in a PM

Cheers
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

Metapod

• Lord of The Dance
  • Political - Member of Parliament
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 08:33:46 pm »
just sack erryone

I'M A RAINBOW CITIZEN.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 08:34:58 pm »

Personally - I'm not sure, it should have been dealt with at the time of the original locking. Warnings now just stoke dead fires.

Obv I can't over rule a fellow Gmod but would suggest those affected bring the issue up with Butjam in a PM

Cheers

I did.  he told me that unless his mods do something ridiculous then he'll back them.  Great standard to set eh?!  Don't do something ridiculous and you have the job for good it seems.  Oh, that's ignoring the fact that the warning was in fact ridiculous.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:58 pm »
Thanks, hopefully butjam can clarify everything exactly and then update it into the rules so that we aren't blind.

I'm told I've had a warning before without being informed about it, I don't really get the point to this as I never knew my behaviour was deemed unacceptable and so had no chance to correct it...
My warning PM that I was allowed to have this time also didn't reference the thread or post that was in question, nor did it say what % warning was issued.

I think there should be a time-frame that forum staff have to act within in response to an offence. Waiting for a week to issue warnings annoys people especially when the thread has already been dealt with (locked, for example) by a moderator/admin. We assume that when forum staff post in a thread, they have had the opportunity to act on any ill behaviour also, so its frustrating when people then go back and issue warnings several days down the line.

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 08:39:53 pm »
i never get warnings since Alice left...

Lady Rainicorn

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 08:46:50 pm »
Thanks, hopefully butjam can clarify everything exactly and then update it into the rules so that we aren't blind.

I'm told I've had a warning before without being informed about it, I don't really get the point to this as I never knew my behaviour was deemed unacceptable and so had no chance to correct it...
My warning PM that I was allowed to have this time also didn't reference the thread or post that was in question, nor did it say what % warning was issued.

I think there should be a time-frame that forum staff have to act within in response to an offence. Waiting for a week to issue warnings annoys people especially when the thread has already been dealt with (locked, for example) by a moderator/admin. We assume that when forum staff post in a thread, they have had the opportunity to act on any ill behaviour also, so its frustrating when people then go back and issue warnings several days down the line.

I'm not sure how the other mods act but generally if I warn you I will send you a PM on the situation so you know why and can reply to it in an open way.

If you have any concerns more just say and I will raise issues internally with the moderation team. And get started on making sure we run a set routine that is both fair to users but also flexible enough that each situation is treated on its own merits. The nature of moderation needs to be flexible (i'e can't apply the same rules to BBH as PD, if I call someone a twat in one its very different to me doing it in another) but also the system needs to be fair enough that it shouldn't matter whether its me or Kdogg who picks up the report.

Cheers
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

Malkaiser

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 08:52:09 pm »
This is my fault, I waited a week to report something because I needed to discuss the issue in person in irc.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »
You're to blame for a lot of awful, awful things and shouldn't be allowed here at any rate... but its not your fault that the forum rules aren't up to date.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 10:46:19 pm »
I could've sworn it was mentioned around the time that we transitioned to the SMF software but if you say we didn't I'll take your word for it and apologise, as that's something that should've been mentioned.

Like I said, I'll update the rules when I have time, probably after I sort out this months cabinet, I'll put in a reference in there about what to expect at each level

Could somebody send me a screenshot of their profile (as in someone who isn't forum staff)? I assumed that % warnings were visible on each profile to the individual but that's because since the transition I've been able to view the levels on everyone. I'm thinking there has to be an option or a mod that allows this to happen. Might require a bit of digging around the SMF forums but I hope I'll find it somewhere, hang tight
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 10:54:44 pm »
Sent you a screenie via PM, thanks for the response.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 11:09:55 pm »
Sent you a screenie via PM, thanks for the response.
Danke, no problem. Call me an idiot who doesn't know what I'm doing, but never say that I don't care

EDIT: Googled out of curiosity, found it almost immediately. I think now it should be possible to view your own warning level but nobody elses, I'm off to bed now but if someone could double check that's the case that'd be great
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:13:39 pm by Butjam »
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 11:19:42 pm »
Looks to be the case!

Lady Rainicorn

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 11:23:38 pm »
n
I could've sworn it was mentioned around the time that we transitioned to the SMF software but if you say we didn't I'll take your word for it and apologise, as that's something that should've been mentioned.

Like I said, I'll update the rules when I have time, probably after I sort out this months cabinet, I'll put in a reference in there about what to expect at each level

Could somebody send me a screenshot of their profile (as in someone who isn't forum staff)? I assumed that % warnings were visible on each profile to the individual but that's because since the transition I've been able to view the levels on everyone. I'm thinking there has to be an option or a mod that allows this to happen. Might require a bit of digging around the SMF forums but I hope I'll find it somewhere, hang tight

just PM me for any help

Bodger and Badger job ftw
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: