Author Topic: Are insults allowed as welcome ?  (Read 2277 times)

Kravenn

Are insults allowed as welcome ?
« on: June 15, 2014, 08:31:57 pm »
Well, I already complained about what currently happen on IRC but I never received an answer.  Jayxm told me that he is concerned about what happen and promised me to do something.

Since June 6, when I join IRC (eUK channel) and jamesw is there : I receive insults as "welcome". I already talked with some moderators : they promised to keep an eye but nothing was made. I contacted Butjam but didn't received any answer (and he answered to a topic after I contacted him).

these are the screenshots about what happened to me on eUK channel :

All of these screenshots were taken between June 6 and June 14
Each time that I received these provocations : I never answered

Does having a lack of education is considered now as a quality ?
Does it a kind of hidden ban ?
Does each time you see someone you dislike : instead to ignore him, you insult him (I mean in the street).

I know it's easier to close your eyes. On the time : I know that those who are hating me will take pleasure to annoy me more. Does our forum admins and IRC moderators will do something ?

Whatever if it's me or not : it doesn't show a positive image of eUK
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:34:57 pm by Kravenn »

Retired from eUK politics since June 18th 2014
6x TWO SoFA - 1x TWO dSoFA - 3X Alb MoFA - 3x Alb MoEd - 9x UK MoFA - 3x UK MoD -  15x UK Cabinet Advisor - 56x congress member (47 in UK) - 2x HoC Speaker
Ex TUP Party President - Ex ONE dDIR (dMoFA) - Illyrians Party President (mostly interim)
Author of http://erepubliktuto.wordpress.com

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
Re: Are insults allowed as welcome ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 08:35:53 pm »
flower off kravenn... you boring silly cabbage.

jxm

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 08:39:53 pm »
I explicitly warned jamesw earlier today that I would ban him from #eUK if he continued to single out Kravenn to both abuse and bully him. Since jamesw decided that wasn't serious, he called Kravenn a silly cabbage again in a later discussion on #eUK and I banned him. This caused an almighty shit storm and the gates of hell opened and spewed forth vitriol and justifications for bullying.

Apparently others in the cabinet felt it was appropriate to unban him although Appleby agreed that a 24 hour ban was appropriate after I explained the situation. kdogground2 then obliged, without being asked, to ban jamesw for continuing to be a colossal wanker towards other human beings.

I may be taking this too seriously and perhaps the age old adage about not taking things to heart should apply but if we don't respond to blatant bullying appropriately then what's the point?

My actions have been politicised and I was accused of acting in the interests of TUP with a Vendetta bias but the fact of the matter is that whether it be Kravenn or not, we should address bullying equally. Goku (Malkaiser) raised the point of himself being called a paedophile on several occasions and argued that nothing was done about it then. I don't know the situation myself so I can't comment but I will say this:

There is enough bitterness and anger between divisions in the eUK as is without the need for personal attacks and targeted insulting of individuals. It is unacceptable to single out and call someone a silly cabbage on a daily basis, either in public or in private, or to bully them in any other way.

This isn't a fucking primary school playground and people have real lives and real feelings.
Jayxm
MoD x3

Alfagrem

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 08:49:26 pm »
Well.................Can you prove that you're not actually a C***?

Noun   1.   c*** - a woman who is thoroughly disliked; "she said her son thought Hilary was a b****"
Synonyms: bitch

As it was an eChannel and your eCharacter adopts the femine form (in so far as possible) then I believe the feminine aspect is fullfiled.

As for being thoroughly disliked?

You probably have some fans but also some who think you are a b****. So its rather subjective to the users point of view & Having known jamesw for a while I do believe he holds a negative view of you.

I'd therefore say that his usuage was in fact correct in the manner and context used.

P.S   Tell Kraven to stop being such a C*** and use the ignore button like I used to do when peeps were trolling me in main channel.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:53:20 pm by Alfagrem »

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:52:32 pm »
The moderators are not your personal army, I ignored your mails because I'm sick of reading them. The pace and volume of an IRC channel compared to a forum means it cannot be treated as exactly the same, hence the distribution of power. Many methods have been tried and what seems to have been agreed upon is that the CP appoints channel OPs who should be dealing with moderation. If you don't like how this system runs (Forum staff administrate and CP team moderates) I'd advise you to speak to Kumnaa, seeing as he is the channel owner.

On this occasion, a forum mod has stepped in and temp banned jamesw for the night because he felt he was acting out of order. I'd like to remind people that have access that it is their responsibility to deal with someone being a dickhead and that, as I advise the forum mods, you should act on your gut. If you think.someone deserves a ban, then just ban them and if it's out of order it can be easily overturned.

P.s. We can still do whatever we want to you on the forums and 'silly cabbage' is a bit out of line to call people. Please don't turn us into the cesspit of the US forums and keep that sort of language to BBH, else we'll have to be all boring and dole out warnings like you're naughty schoolchildren
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Malkaiser

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »
Do the same to jamesw saying "silly cabbage" as was done to Invalidation saying "Pedo" (imo more offense).
I belive that was... nothing, at least on IRC.

Be aware that if you push for punishment here, then I get to break out screenshots of Iain etc in the future doing similar to me. Getting your friends banned as a result.

Sambo112

• Aedile
  • Party - UKRP
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 09:56:22 pm »
Not wanting to seem harsh but this is really childish behaviour imo. You should know not too get upset by words on the internet and deal with by ignoring them. In fact their is an ignore button on IRC. Then you don't even see the abuse and don't get upset.
Sambo223 k?

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 09:59:38 pm »
You'll find I have done exactly the same to both jamesw and Alice on IRC, which is nothing...

Sambo raises a good point. As long as you don't go Goku and ignore anyone who disagrees with you, ignore is a useful function

Sambo112

• Aedile
  • Party - UKRP
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 10:10:24 pm »
I raised a good point? I feel so...useful
Sambo223 k?

Malkaiser

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 10:19:25 pm »
You'll find I have done exactly the same to both jamesw and Alice on IRC, which is nothing...

So why is jamesw banned? Have a word with Kdogg...

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 10:25:58 pm »
Kdog has access, he is free to ban people or not ban people at his discretion

Malkaiser

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 10:29:10 pm »
So nobody has any control over IRC.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 10:30:03 pm »
Essentially, no.

Metapod

• Lord of The Dance
  • Political - Member of Parliament
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 12:02:56 am »
Huzzah for anarchy.

I'M A RAINBOW CITIZEN.

Big Ant

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 11:19:48 am »
I can taste the tears :D
Past Exp- 44th UK Prime Minister - 3x vCP - 1x MoD - 1x MoHA - 1x MoF Apprentice - 2xRecruitment Officer ESO - 1xMoHA Apprentice - 1xGovernment Advisor - eUK Supplier

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 12:58:34 pm »
I can taste the tears :D
i can taste the douchebaggery
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Sexagenarian