Author Topic: The Future?  (Read 6237 times)

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Future?
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »
most people id say lack things they dont have
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

BaskB

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 06:44:21 pm »
Wow Bask way to overanalyse something not meant in the way you took it, I was referencing Kumnaa not playing. Which he doesn't.

I was serious, I'll invest a reasonable fee into getting this place active again. It needs a big reform though and not fiddling with small details, we lack many things we could have...

Off Topic comment aimed at Goku and don't want to continue derailing this thread...

Anyways back on topic as for once we seem to be having a reasonable discussion about ideas, and people want things to progress. I like the idea of sub community sections also, we could keep the erep one aswell as have subs for each other group - Steam, Boblo, MC, D&D etc. Just needs a redesign of the main layout etc.

Goku, while noble, I personally don't think large investment is required. Hosting costs for the current userbase will likely be minimal, having run forums before with just under 100 users I know the bandwidth usage isn't massive until you start adding things like active chat boxes etc in. The basic forum is low bandwidth.

If your talking about increasing the userbase thus advertising etc then yes costs will climb but then of course is that really required? What features do you feel are lacking, no ones actually going to go through with an idea unless you go into further details. And yes I'm interested in hearing the ideas so this isnt a dig in anyway.

Of course all this is irrelevant until someone has spoke to Kumnaa anyway, does anyone have ways of contacting him to join in the discussion? Does he wish to continue hosting etc
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:46:14 pm by BaskB »
Regiment 5 - Legion

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 07:18:00 pm »
What is your problem? Surely everyone that you want to keep any sort of relationship with already has your details. I can't see the issue with whether this forum survives or not.

Malkaiser

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 11:03:51 pm »
Bask you misunderstand again:
It isn't about investment, it's about having someone who actually uses the forum run and improve it. I could add avatar/medal/reputation systems or get PPs invovled in running the forum to enourage them to encourage their members here, at least something new to look at. At the moment we just have years of defeaning silence.

I don't know what you want about "digs". If I name people then I'll get flamed by you, if I try and be subtle I'll get flamed by you - so there is no way to discuss legitimate problems since we have to tiptoe around people's gargantuan egos. Really you probably just want to find a reason to attack me.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 11:11:05 pm »
Nobody likes you goku. You running the forums would be like Kim Jong Un running the US Republican Party.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

CptChazbeard

• Le Baron de Boeuf
  • MU - Royal Navy
  • Lively up yourself
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 11:46:50 pm »
Nobody likes you goku. You running the forums would be like Kim Jong Un running the US Republican Party.

I don't get it

Metapod

• Lord of The Dance
  • Political - Member of Parliament
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 11:47:32 pm »

I don't get it

Me Neither

I'M A RAINBOW CITIZEN.

WookieO

• Royal Whipping Boy
  • Party - UKRP
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 12:08:53 am »

I don't get it

Me Neither

Oh, I get it.

Actually...no I don't either.
What is it Sebastian?
It’s the Rebels, sir. They’re here.
My God, man. Do they want tea?

So then God created the world, and on the first day he created light and air and fish and jam and soup and potatoes and haircuts and arguments and small things and rabbits and people with noses and jam – more jam, perhaps – and soot and flies and tobogganing and showers and toasters and grandmothers and, uh … Belgium. And the second day he created fire and water and eggnog and radiators and lights and Burma and things that go "urh" and … and Colonel Gaddafi and Arthur Negus. On the third day he probably got lists and said, "I can't remember what I've invented now. I've just been ad-libbing so far."

BaskB

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:15 am »
What is your problem? Surely everyone that you want to keep any sort of relationship with already has your details. I can't see the issue with whether this forum survives or not.

I think the 3 pages of discussions so far render this comment mute as people DO have an interest in keeping this forum alive, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Bask you misunderstand again:
It isn't about investment, it's about having someone who actually uses the forum run and improve it. I could add avatar/medal/reputation systems or get PPs invovled in running the forum to enourage them to encourage their members here, at least something new to look at. At the moment we just have years of defeaning silence.

I don't know what you want about "digs". If I name people then I'll get flamed by you, if I try and be subtle I'll get flamed by you - so there is no way to discuss legitimate problems since we have to tiptoe around people's gargantuan egos. Really you probably just want to find a reason to attack me.

Goku, I really have no interest in attacking you or anybody for that matter on an internet forum. I was/AM actually genuinely interested in how you think we could move the forum forward, you've given a little more detail in your post now which is a start.

The "Dig" I mentioned in my last post was to try and signify the above again, that I am interested in hearing what you have to add, and I'm not trying to just shoot down your ideas with what I'd written about investment in the forum, infact its completely the opposite I'd like to discuss it further.

So from your idea so far, I see its still very much erep based. Therefore do you think the forum should stay erep focused rather than divulge into various groups? What happens when/if erep fails though, which is seeming more and more likely with what is a daily drop in the active userbase?

I'm assuming your also talking about having not just a Forum Admin (Butjam) seperate to the Web Admin (Kumnaa) but infact having a person/persons operating as both, whom also plays erep or is active in the community. To me that's an idea I can also agree with, and am sure others do also. What we therefore need is a reasonable plan to approach Kumnaa/Butjam with in order to progress further.
Regiment 5 - Legion

Rob the Bruce

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2014, 11:18:01 pm »
or get PPs invovled in running the forum to encourage them to encourage their members here, at least something new to look at.

Erep's going down the shitter, as mentioned in pretty much all the previous posts. You won't get many (if any) new members through that method.
Let's all bicker like married people that loathe each other.

Bohemond4

• Viscount of Cambrige
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2014, 03:35:30 am »
A general gaming forum sounds like a good idea to me.
Viscount of Cambridge
We should all just quit the game.  It just to flowering divisive

The Baron Samedi

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 03:51:32 am »
Maybe all play as a clan in a particular game?

Just throwing an idea.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:53:46 am by The Baron Samedi »

Rednoahl

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2014, 11:29:16 am »
While I was only marginally part of the eUK's community I would be sad to see the forums go. It appears to me that with the advent of twitter a lot of people have gotten used to talking on the internet in 140 chgaracters or less and that's it. I rarely post on any forums at all these days because if I write a paragraph nobody reads it - folks expect a soundbite.

Anyway, have you guys thought about using twitch or hitbox instead of the eUK irc channel? I just thought that having an eUK channel would be a good way to keep the community alive if erep does die.

Malkaiser

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2014, 06:08:45 pm »
So from your idea so far, I see its still very much erep based. Therefore do you think the forum should stay erep focused rather than divulge into various groups? What happens when/if erep fails though, which is seeming more and more likely with what is a daily drop in the active userbase?
There are already lots of gaming forums:

1) I don't see why the Minecraft players can't just join an established Minecraft forum rather than start a new one with 5 guys who are just going to go inactive and it'll fade away - they don't have critical mass to keep it up. Maybe this is small party syndrome creeping out of the game where you spend more effort starting from fresh rather than the less effort needed to slightly tweak an existing group.

2) Most of you are horrible people, we even had a confirmed stalker here. I have IRL friends and an actually rather large niche gaming forum to find guys to play with (and did play eRep with at one point), not to mention things like Youtube, Reddit and Twitch. Am I saying this to upset people and be confrontational/troll? No I have a point here, most of you have people you hate here and don't want to contact ever again. So take your friends here someplace else for general gaming.

3) We actually need a forum for eRepublik UK and at the moment we don't have one because a bunch of minecraft players / inactive "lords" won't give up power to the new generation because of ego and stubboness. This isn't "make an acceptable oldfag attitude IRC only newbie moderator", this is "give Alfagrem some real power to change the forums according to the needs of the 1/3 of eUK he represents". Treat all the PPs in this way each month.

A drop in the userbase means that the UK will win the game if we can keep our own guys entertained, at the moment the same inactive mediocre people (not that new generation) still seem to get all the buttons to never use. If I took over I would be working on backend improvements to the forums in my spare time and letting the victorious PPs each month actually run the forums.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:11:18 pm by Malkaiser »

BaskB

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2014, 08:43:00 pm »
There are already lots of gaming forums:

1) I don't see why the Minecraft players can't just join an established Minecraft forum rather than start a new one with 5 guys who are just going to go inactive and it'll fade away - they don't have critical mass to keep it up. Maybe this is small party syndrome creeping out of the game where you spend more effort starting from fresh rather than the less effort needed to slightly tweak an existing group.

2) Most of you are horrible people, we even had a confirmed stalker here. I have IRL friends and an actually rather large niche gaming forum to find guys to play with (and did play eRep with at one point), not to mention things like Youtube, Reddit and Twitch. Am I saying this to upset people and be confrontational/troll? No I have a point here, most of you have people you hate here and don't want to contact ever again. So take your friends here someplace else for general gaming.

3) We actually need a forum for eRepublik UK and at the moment we don't have one because a bunch of minecraft players / inactive "lords" won't give up power to the new generation because of ego and stubboness. This isn't "make an acceptable oldfag attitude IRC only newbie moderator", this is "give Alfagrem some real power to change the forums according to the needs of the 1/3 of eUK he represents". Treat all the PPs in this way each month.

A drop in the userbase means that the UK will win the game if we can keep our own guys entertained, at the moment the same inactive mediocre people (not that new generation) still seem to get all the buttons to never use. If I took over I would be working on backend improvements to the forums in my spare time and letting the victorious PPs each month actually run the forums.

Humm so after all my comments, not actually insulting you and showing an interest in your ideas, you still cant actually post a single forum reply without actually having a pop or insulting someone?

Consider this my last reply to you and I'll continue discussing with those that can actually have an Adult conversation rather then resorting to insults in every post.

Regiment 5 - Legion

Malkaiser

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2014, 10:47:44 pm »
Yeah well you obviously missed my point in saying that even though it was explained... fragile egos. You even illustrate my point perfectly yourself by showing that you don't want to hear from me again. We can't get any improvement because you have to be unoffensive in the extreme, I still remember getting a forum ban for calling a minister "poor".

I guess that you ignored the constructive content of my post because one of the points I made was phrased in a way which allows you to complain instead - which is easier for you to do.

Rob the Bruce

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2014, 10:51:02 pm »
A drop in the userbase means that the UK will win the game if we can keep our own guys entertained,

Horice is dead and DC isn't PTO'ing anybody, impossible.
Let's all bicker like married people that loathe each other.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2014, 01:16:19 am »
Goku, you quit saying that this was ruining your life or something. Why can't you just flower off.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

The Baron Samedi

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 01:51:05 am »
flower this, let's make it more simple.

Let's assume eRep dies tomorrow, what new game everyone would like to play as a community?

Malkaiser

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2014, 10:40:20 am »
Goku, you quit saying that this was ruining your life or something. Why can't you just flower off.
Well this is offtopic Iain!

It's like you have a blind spot where you brain can't comprehend that this forum isn't the game. Two buttons on my phone to read the forum when I am bored isn't the same as the massive effort going into writing articles, mass PMing people etc...

You'll just make the same post next week, like you made this same post for the last three weeks. Like a goldfish?