Author Topic: Former Paratrooper Invites you to F1 competition :D  (Read 686 times)

DonMogul

Former Paratrooper Invites you to F1 competition :D
« on: October 16, 2014, 07:47:50 am »
I am running a F1 competition in India but I am also looking for some international interest to add some spice to the mix :D Read this post and then follow the link at the bottom! If you have any questions feel free to ask :D

OMG I'LL BE RICH HOW DO I SIGN UP?????

First consider whether or not you want a team mate or whether you want to take both seats in the team for yourself. Both ideas have advantages!

Then visit this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVTVkM2X1pPa29JQ1cwd0w3ZWZqZ2c6MQ#gid=0

Some of you may need to copy the link and paste it into a new window of your browser.
Former London Congressman
Former Under-Minister for Health
Former TUP Party Member
Former GM London Informant
Former NHS London Director

dougal4chaos

• Political - Member of Parliament
Re: Former Paratrooper Invites you to F1 competition :D
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:50 am »
in your video what set up will the  car have ?

is KERS like a flywheel ?

how much will KERS increase mechanical failure ?

what is the chance of mechanical failure without KERS ?

what is the advantage of having 2 players in a  team ?

what options are there for pitstop strategy ?
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the UK BUT not the flag of the EU to which it belongs.
"We find out who did it and we kill them, we kill their supporters and we kill their friends, and then we kill any one that liked what they did"

DonMogul

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 09:59:26 am »
in your video what set up will the  car have ?

It will have the default setup the game has for the track. The only significant edit to that setup will be gear ratios (which of course are different for every track)

is KERS like a flywheel ?

Depends how the energy is stored. It can be stored as either mechanical energy (a flywheel as you described) or electrical (a capacitor). For the purposes of our tournament however, think of KERS as a minor permanent boost to your engine's BHP.

how much will KERS increase mechanical failure ?

It depends really. I can't tell you exactly (because that would be unfair). Its enough of a risk to make you think about the choice but the possible reward is decent :)

what is the chance of mechanical failure without KERS ?

Again depends on track-to-track. For a hint look at failure rates during the RL 1998 season.

what is the advantage of having 2 players in a  team ?

Possibility of hedging your bets when it comes to setups, more fun in the competition, the 'missed setup' rule is a bit more forgiving if at least one driver submits a setup. etc

what options are there for pitstop strategy ?
Remember this will only apply for 100% distance races.

Tyres: Hard/Medium/Soft Due to restrictions in the game engine I cant fuss around too much with tyres. This game was made when the tyre rule was "Pick the compound you are going to use for Qualifying and that is your compound for the race."

1,2,3 stops (you pick the laps you want to pit)

Former London Congressman
Former Under-Minister for Health
Former TUP Party Member
Former GM London Informant
Former NHS London Director

DamnKrantz

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 07:55:17 am »

This was pretty great.  Too bad about them throws .

kittyjibjibz

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 03:19:23 am »

I'm reading so much I can benefit me. I'm reading it the other benefits are plentiful.