Author Topic: Favourite Film Quote  (Read 955 times)

Prof Moriarty

• RP
Favourite Film Quote
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:09:40 am »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:55:35 pm by Prof Moriarty »
Atticus Sand, Lord of Last Post Wins

Thedark ace

Re: Favourite Film Quote
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:35:15 pm »

"Don't worry Andy, it's only bolognese"

When they're in the supermarket shooting and stuff...

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:47:14 pm »
" I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. " - They Live
I come from the dreams of Billy Pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:45 pm »
"Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 10:47:38 pm »

• Woldean Court
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 09:08:22 am »
"Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

Tyler Durden in Fight Club.

Talon Karrde

• Party - TUP
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:52:47 am »
Steve Rogers: Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?
Tony Stark: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui; officium perfeci

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 07:04:30 pm »

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:46:15 am »
"The more things change, the more they stay the same", said by Snake Pliskin in Escape from LA.  Awful film, I know, but Snake is just too cool.  8-)

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 01:57:51 pm »
Not as much quotes from films but conversations.
From the film Milk
Dan White: Society can't exist without the family.
Harvey Milk: We're not against that.
Dan White: Can two men reproduce?
Harvey Milk: No, but God knows we keep trying.

State Senator John Briggs: It's time to root them out.
Tom Ammiano: And how are you going to determine who's a homosexual?
State Senator John Briggs: My bill outlines procedures for identifying homosexuals.
 Tom Ammiano: How? Will you be sucking them off?

This made me chuckle to my self when watching.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 03:41:58 pm »
We can't stop here... This is bat country!

Or pretty much any line form Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, take ya pick it's full of em!

I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by

Top Gun

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »
"This town needs an enema"

Batman (Tim Burton's one)

From Robocp
i'd buy that for a dollar
You cocksucker! I work for Dick Jones! Dick Jones! He's the Number Two Guy at OCP. OCP runs the cops.
I had a guaranteed military sale with ED209! Renovation program! Spare parts for 25 years! Who cares if it worked or not!
I got the muscle to shove enough of this factory so far up your stupid wop ass that you'll shit snow for a year.

From Any Given Sunday (best inspirational speech ever)

I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

Retired from eUK politics since June 18th 2014
6x TWO SoFA - 1x TWO dSoFA - 3X Alb MoFA - 3x Alb MoEd - 9x UK MoFA - 3x UK MoD -  15x UK Cabinet Advisor - 56x congress member (47 in UK) - 2x HoC Speaker
Ex TUP Party President - Ex ONE dDIR (dMoFA) - Illyrians Party President (mostly interim)
Author of

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: