Author Topic: HoL Reform  (Read 2246 times)

Joachim von Bremen

HoL Reform
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:20:20 pm »
House of Lords

Purpose: To create a larger reliance of Checks and Balances in the UK Government by having an offsetting body of legislation to both review and approve of legislation through the House of Commons and vice versa. The House of Lords will also allow more experienced members of the UK, who do not have the time to commit to the full body of Commons to still advise on matters of National Law.

Procedure: The House of Lords will be committed without a member limit. Each member must meet one of the following criteria to be admitted to the House of Lords, at which time the term will be lifetime, unless the Lord resigns or is removed from his duties.

1. A Member of the House of Lords cannot be an active member of the Commons. If a Lord is elected to Commons, their privileges will be suspended from the HoL until they are no longer in Commons.
2. A Member of the House of Lords can be a Minister.
3. A Member of the House of Lords cannot be the Prime Minister, or a Prime Ministerial candidate. If a Lord is the Prime Minister, or a Prime Ministerial candidate, their privileges will be suspended from the HoL until they are no longer the Prime Minister, or a Prime Ministerial candidate.
4. A Member of the House of Lords can be a member of the armed forces, including paratroopers, elites, and otherwise.
5. To be appointed to the House of Lords, the member must:
a. Be unanimously accepted in a 72 hour vote, in which the five largest parties in terms of in-game membership and the Prime Minister have a vote.
b. Any member who does not vote within the accepted time limit forgoes their vote in the selection process
c. All votes will tally at the end of a 72 hour window as stipulated above, and a unanimous vote is necessary amongst the votes tallied.
d. Any recipient of an award from the Honours Committee is automatically granted the "Lord" title, so long as they do not violate one of the other conditions listed above in 1-4.

Legislation: Legislation is defined as anything that is not proposed as Constructions in Erepublik's mechanics, including but not limited to tax proposals, Government legislation and facilities, and legislation regarding the procedures of the UK Government. This applies to anything posted both here and in Erepublik.

PM Veto: The Prime Minister shall have 3 veto's per month to use on House of Lords legislative abilities. They cannot be used consecutively, and if a bill passes Commons but not the HoL, a veto only sends the legislation back to the Commons for reworking. Once a bill has been vetoed once by the PM, it may not be vetoed a second time.

HoL Veto: The House of Lords will act as a balance to the House of Commons. For a bill to be accepted, it must follow normal legislative procedure and voting. Once voting has ended, with an accepted vote in Commons the bill is then posed to the House of Lords. The Lords will have a 24 hour period to review the bill, and a 24 period to vote on it. If the bill does not pass the HoL, it is returned to Commons with a list of reasons why the bill did not pass. Commons must then rework the Bill, and repropose it.

Commons Veto: Once a bill has been denied twice by the House of Lords, and a deadlock is reached, the Commons may choose to bypass the House of Lords, passing a proposal directly into law.

Removal: In order for a Lord to be have his Lordship removed It must be proposed by one of the party presidents of the five biggest parties in terms of in-game membership and receive a simple majority in a 72 hour vote, in which the five largest parties in terms of in-game membership and the Prime Minister have a vote. Any member who does not vote within the accepted time limit forgoes their vote in the selection process. A party president can only propose the removal of a particular Lord once, and if the removal of a Lord is denied, removal of the same lord cannot be proposed again for 48 hours.
Quote from: "ljseoer"
For me  , i 'm addict to the actress 's dress ,shoes ,jewelry,bags............,so what about you? why are you like it or hate it ?

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
Re: HoL Reform
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »
i thought you were dead
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:34:28 am »
i thought you were dead

... Actually I thought this was necro'd

~Esse Quam Videri~

Barlow

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:16 am »
Signed.
Ideas for a new signature children?

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 06:45:20 am »
Totally unnecessary

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 08:26:40 am »
lol

Joachim von Bremen

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 10:21:14 am »
How would you describe your own role in the community?

Totally unnecessary

I see.
Quote from: "ljseoer"
For me  , i 'm addict to the actress 's dress ,shoes ,jewelry,bags............,so what about you? why are you like it or hate it ?

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 10:39:43 am »
My god.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 10:42:10 am »
Sure thing.
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

Metapod

• Lord of The Dance
  • Political - Member of Parliament
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 11:52:08 am »
hue

I'M A RAINBOW CITIZEN.

McAfee01

• Woldean Court
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 12:07:06 pm »
10x congressman | 1x Congressional Committee |[/color]Minister of Foreign Affairs x4| Minister of Home Affairs x1 | Minister of Recruitment x2 | Recreating George Orwell's 1984 on eRepublik since 2010 | Winner of the Totally Legit Fellow Award (2011)[/b]

Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Permanent Speaker
  • Party - UKRP
  • Sodomy non sapiens
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 12:43:09 pm »
sponsored
<Guitah> not arguing with a Brit about tea is tha sensible thing to do :)
<Appleby> it is common knowledge it is pointless arguing with an addict :p
<Appleby> thus it is pointless arguing about tea with brits

Rob the Bruce

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 08:38:28 pm »
No thanks
Let's all bicker like married people that loathe each other.

Bohemond4

• Viscount of Cambrige
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 09:15:36 pm »
hue
Viscount of Cambridge
We should all just quit the game.  It just to flowering divisive

Malkaiser

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 08:06:38 am »
So which TUP account has JvB had to abandon because of the revolution for him to return to this one ;)

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 11:20:07 am »
JvB was RFA
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

jimbojoy

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 11:52:31 am »
Why no handsome amendments?

Malkaiser

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »
JvB was RFA

I'm asking who he was for the past year(s).

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 01:15:56 pm »
He stopped playing because of Irl reasons.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Thedark ace

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 12:17:46 am »
spons

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: