: Gold and GBP  ( 280 )

Jack Harris

• : 2116
Gold and GBP
« : February 21, 2009, 12:47:45 PM »
There is very little Gold selling for GBP on the MM. Gold is now valuing around 38.9GBP. There is also thousands of GBP selling for 0.027 Gold each and this doesn't look like it will clear up any time soon. Is there anything we can do about this?
Jack Harris (MID and MBE)

elbanaan

• : 2060
Re: Gold and GBP
« #1 : February 21, 2009, 12:51:29 PM »
i've had gold selling for GBP for weeks, and I just recently removed my offer, it didn't get sold, so I don't think there is a large demand for it.
★ elbanaan ★

Jack Harris

« #2 : February 21, 2009, 12:55:26 PM »
selling GBP is more concerning, there are about 4 pages of 0.027 offers, people will soon drop to 0.026 or they will buy all the Gold.

elbanaan

• : 2060
« #3 : February 21, 2009, 01:01:40 PM »
again, I'm one of those people selling GBP, and I've sold about 400GBP in just a few days.
It get's sold, I think that's why nobody lowers their offers.
But indeed, that is more of a problem. The only think that the government can do is that when someone lower their offers to 0.026, buy it, and resell at 0.027.
This will eventually mean profit for the government, but you need to have a growing economy and a certain amount of gold you don't need in the near future.

(I guess that's what they are doing now, and that's why there are no 0.026 offers)
Also, the brits are used to following rules and waiting for stuff, I guess it's in your nature.
★ elbanaan ★

Jack Harris

« #4 : February 21, 2009, 01:13:22 PM »
I guess I'll try putting GBP back on, thanks.

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • : 11200
« #5 : February 21, 2009, 05:35:07 PM »
With new citizens, comes the need for more money. That's a big part of the reason there's more GBP in the system and less Gold for sale. New citizens get a small amount to start, but they have to be employed, and in order to distribute wealth basically most companies, even established ones or Q1's like myself have to buy more GBP to pay salary than was in circulation before.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

: :
:
/
:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: