: Reputation/karma  ( 700 )

Reputation/karma
« : July 16, 2012, 07:04:53 PM »
Is it possible to load the phpbb module that allows praising helpful and constructive posts? Not sure if it involves reputation or karma (one is buggy and the other one works).

On some of the other forums I have been a member of or moderated, it does decrease spam and the number of people abusing the reporting system, over time. Of course it engendered its own disputes sometimes but on the whole I thought it was worth it.

This was last suggested in 2010 with no resolution either way. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56536

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
  • : 6376
Re: Reputation/karma
« #1 : July 16, 2012, 07:15:34 PM »
It has been discussed much more recently than that.  Reputation/karma are a bit crap though since hilarious people like to abuse such systems.

A like button would be good to hopefully stop people quoting posts to show agreement.  Problem is, it requires a mod and that means Nel/Kumnaa.

« #2 : July 16, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
Oh, my apologies. I thought admins had the power to load or unload modules. Point still stands as you put it if Kumnaa (PBUH) sees this

Lionbeard

• : 15180
« #3 : July 16, 2012, 07:18:01 PM »
eh, they're ok until someone abuses it, and we've got plenty of people around here that would do that. :P

: "Dan Moir"
A like button would be good to hopefully stop people quoting posts to show agreement.

But... the post count... ;_;
"Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force!" Barbie