• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • : 18315
  • Rabbit hole explorer
The Spamignon Papacy
« : September 04, 2012, 07:23:07 PM »
The Pope - Head of the Church
Pope Diakun I the Pure

The Dean of the College of Spamdinals - Deals with conclave/ensuring spamdinals are Godly before they are appointed
Digby Chicken-Caesar the Fair

Inquisitor Exempt - The only person above all accusation, also the only one that can bring the pope/dean/spamdinals to justice
Inquisitor Alice the Righteous

Inquisitors - Brings people to justice for heresy etc. Pope, Dean & Spamdinals are above accusation
Inquisitor Arthur Wellesley, assigned to Brodie Bay

Spamdinals - Electors of new popes, oversee a parish

Priests - Holy men, oversee a parish

Pope & Conclave
The pope is selected during conclave by the Spamdinals, who cast weighted votes according to their parish. A new pope requires a supermajority, and the votes will be recast until a supermajority is attained.
Conclave will be held in a super-secret chamber (IRC channel) and hosted by the Dean of the College of Spamdinals, who will recieve all the votes by query and announce results to the Spamidinals and run the whole thing, etc. until a new pope is chosen. When the new pope is chosen, the Dean will announce him in Bob Boblo's House, and the new pope becomes official on the moment he accepts the result of the election in that announcement.

The Sacred College of Spamdinals
Priests can be promoted to Spamdinals by the Dean of the College or the Pope, when they believe they are faithful enough, or have performed enough.. acts of faith. They can also be demoted if their [s:1ck5drpb]fellatio[/s:1ck5drpb] faith is lacking.

The Parishes
Territory under the juristiction of a certain Spamdinal/priest, who ensures that it is clean of heresy and properly respecting the true Papacy. Each parish has a weight for the election of new popes, representing how glorious it is.
Population can be increased and decreased by having players migrate, purity improves as you find and execute heretics in your parish or by having the faithful migrate into (or the heretics emigrate from) your lands. The strength of a parishes conclave votes is adjusted by the Dean according to its population and purity.

Spamican City (fallen to heretics)
Population: Massive
Purity: Heretical
Conclave votes: None

Spamignon
Population: High
Purity: Faithful
Conclave votes:8

Rastari Mountains
Population: Low
Purity: Wanting
Conclave votes: 2

Pen Island
Population: Medium
Purity: Virgin
Conclave votes: 6

Spamalot (fallen to heretics)
Purity: Heretical
Conclave votes: None

Wonderland
Population: Low
Purity: Devout
Conclave votes: 4

Brodie Bay
Purity: Unclean
Conclave votes: 3

Heresy Hearings
The Pope will head all trials and courts and proceedings, acting as judge in all blasphemy hearings which the Inquisition bring to him, as well as any other cases. The Inquisitor Exempt is the only member of the Inquisition that may bring another Inquisitor, a Spamdinal, Dean or even the Pope to court for heresy. If the papacy is compromised, the Inquisitor Exempt will act as judge. The jury will be all Spamdinals and the Dean (excluding any who are under investigation for heresy)

The Death of a Pope
When the pope dies, an interregnum begins until another is elected in conclave. Popes can die of old age (lack of activity), by execution for heresy (after a fair trial), crushed by the masses (public poll with at least 2x as many votes as parishes and 80%+ in one option for killing the pope.. a negative option is required and the poll must be open for 24hrs), or can be forced to resign (supermajority in papal conclave).
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Arthur Wellesley

• : 9157
  • The Emperor Protects
Re: The Spamignon Papacy
« #1 : September 04, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
I submit an application to be a member of the Holy Ordos of the Inquisition. I will make it my life to root out
This is highly irregular.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« #2 : September 04, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
Where shall we dispatch you, eager and faithful Inquisitor?
If you are feeling suicidal, you could attempt to root out the heresy that is rife in Spamican City or Spamalot. However, perhaps you value your life, and would prefer to bring Brodie Bay or the Rastari Mountains in the righteous light of Our Lord Bob?
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

kcirp

• : 2724
  • Special
« #3 : September 04, 2012, 07:44:56 PM »
gib something
Why am I still here?

Congress x6
PP of UKRP x2
Citizenship committee x1
uMoHA x2
uMoFA x1
dMoD x1

Officially dead, rotting away in some scrubland

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« #4 : September 04, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »
I'm sure Diakun will be pleased to decide the fate of the great Kcirp

painkiller789

• Party - UKRP
  • : 3207
« #5 : September 04, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »
Gimme a title
: Bob Boblo
Painkiller is awesome

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
  • : 13994
« #6 : September 04, 2012, 08:10:08 PM »
Will read later. Looks good though.
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

McAfee01

• Woldean Court
  • : 9341
« #7 : September 04, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »
10x congressman | 1x Congressional Committee |[/color]Minister of Foreign Affairs x4| Minister of Home Affairs x1 | Minister of Recruitment x2 | Recreating George Orwell's 1984 on eRepublik since 2010 | Winner of the Totally Legit Fellow Award (2011)[/b]

Arthur Wellesley

• The Emperor Protects
« #8 : September 04, 2012, 08:49:13 PM »
: "Invalidation"
Where shall we dispatch you, eager and faithful Inquisitor?
If you are feeling suicidal, you could attempt to root out the heresy that is rife in Spamican City or Spamalot. However, perhaps you value your life, and would prefer to bring Brodie Bay or the Rastari Mountains in the righteous light of Our Lord Bob?
I will begin in Brodie Bay and will not rest until I have cleared out all taint of

« #9 : September 04, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »
Lo, though I am but a humble newfag, I wish to see Dioism scourged from these lands

I submit willingly to Pope Diakun, my body is ready, where does he want it

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
  • : 13864
« #10 : September 05, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »
: "kcirp"
gib something
/me penetrates

: "Snuggles"
Lo, though I am but a humble newfag, I wish to see Dioism scourged from these lands

I submit willingly to Pope Diakun, my body is ready, where does he want it
my bed
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

« #11 : September 05, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »
Roger.

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« #12 : September 05, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »
What his Holiness means, obviously, is that Snuggles shall preside over Brodie Bay with his Americunt friend Arthur.. and that Kcirp is required to oversee Pen Island, and painkiller will take the inquisition to Wonderland.

Obviously.

« #13 : September 05, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
Time to purge some bitches.

Arthur Wellesley

• The Emperor Protects
« #14 : September 05, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
We need to take a census so that the inquisition can investigate the inhabitants of each region.

« #15 : September 05, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
Excellent idea baws

...How do we do that :?:

Alice

• Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« #16 : September 05, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
Aye, we must find out the location of all the BBHers, and purge the heretics.

Snuggles, its your job to wing it!

Arthur Wellesley

• The Emperor Protects
« #17 : September 05, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »
We could always just ask BBHers to self identify where they live.

Or we could assign them and forcibly relocate them.

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • : 11200
« #18 : September 05, 2012, 06:54:53 PM »
: "Snuggles"
Excellent idea baws

...How do we do that :?:

I think Blackfyre had some excellent ideas on that front.  :ugeek:
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
  • : 13864
« #19 : September 05, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
: "Invalidation"
Aye, we must find out the location of all the BBHers, and purge the heretics.

Snuggles, its your job to wing it!
abit facist  :cry:
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

: :
:
/
:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?: