: Infraction Points  ( 585 )

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
  • : 756
Infraction Points
« : April 21, 2013, 03:54:49 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that a lot of the problems people have with how this forum is moderated start with infraction points allocated by a moderator which are seen to be unjust.

I know that these can be overturned, and quite often are, but when this happens there is no balancing "punishment" for a moderator, or at least nothing seen. Over zealous moderators have no incentive to curb their future behaviour and have in the past carried on as if nothing had happened. To address this imbalance I would like to see a percentage (10%?) of the overturned infraction points applied to the account of the moderator, so that if a moderator has enough points they are auto banned in exactly the same way as users.
I am suggesting a percentage because issuing infractions is a part of the 'job' and it seems reasonable that applying all of the overturned points would probably result in a quick escalation in the number of infraction points a member of the moderation team would receive.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Thedark ace

• : 3307
Re: Infraction Points
« #1 : April 21, 2013, 04:07:46 PM »
If we come down on mods for moderating then we'll get some shit going too far because they wont want to face repercussions. Similar to what happened in the riots last year, the police didn't want to get done for brutality so they did nothing and it all burnt down.

As a whole, the mods do try to do what is best because they want people to use the forum, so let's not assume they don't have our best interests at heart.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
  • : 6376
Re: Infraction Points
« #2 : April 21, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »
What a stupid idea.

That's what the appeals process is for and I would imagine that if this was really a problem (which it isn't) then the admins or kumnaa would realise if a mod was being repeatedly shit.  They would then deal with it accordingly.