Author Topic: Stop spying on us  (Read 5571 times)

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
Re: Stop spying on us
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 07:45:20 pm »
Do parties even still use the forums to organise secret stuff?

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 09:03:43 pm »
Do parties even still use the forums to organise secret stuff?

We stopped using the forums for this reason, but it's still annoying.

Goku: TUP Private Forum is just that, a private forum. We can choose who we allow in, just as you do. Not all of the people with access are even UK citizens, nevermind party members. That's our decision, not yours.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Karacticus

• Archivists
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »
Tee hee.

Did he post in TUP by mistake?

In my day we looked but never touched  :lol:
A political party is not a party. There are no crisps, jelly or ice cream.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 09:54:41 pm »
Tee hee.

Did he post in TUP by mistake?

In my day we looked but never touched  :lol:
I don't even look usually! It's the It's among of the boards I blame, 'general erep discussion' is too much like general for me!
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 05:17:24 am »
In a related issue I was told when the new forums came up that Invalidation was on the TUP forums. Is this still the case? If so shouldn't he be removed as he isn't TUP in game?

It's related because the old forums had a one party forum per account rule. You couldn't be on two party forums, or in one party in game and another on the forums unless you left the country.

How many parties you belong to in game has no bearing on the forums. It's one party per forum account. Always has been, you just never quite could get over the "What do you mean I can't create fake accounts on the forums and get access to every party?"

That would require you to know how to follow the rules.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »
Is this fixed yet?  If not, bloody well hurry up.

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »
Quote from: Dan Moir
Is this fixed yet?  If not, bloody well hurry up

I'm sure if you sign a legal contract taking any and all of the legal responsibility of the TUP forum in the caseof anything illegal that happens there, it might speed things up

In any case what exactly are you trying to hide.

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
  • Pusher of buttons and puller of strings
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 10:22:22 pm »
I already said how to fix it. butjam just doesn't want to and kumnaa doesn't give enough fucks to press the issue right this exact moment...or he's not going to because he owns it and you can deal with that.
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Kumnaa

• Kumnaa
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 10:28:18 pm »

As the only active admin, butjam needs to administrate the whole forum for which he needs these magic powers. We abandoned the hiding of things from admins when we moved to the new forums and got rid of all but one of them (not including myself)
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> We had some fun with eightball yesterday
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> According to it, I have a bigger penis than Dish

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 10:35:11 pm »

As the only active admin, butjam needs to administrate the whole forum for which he needs these magic powers. We abandoned the hiding of things from admins when we moved to the new forums and got rid of all but one of them (not including myself)

Yeah, cos the TUP mods aren't capable of spotting anything dodgy  (/_<)

So private forums are no longer private.  Major backwards step and more of us will probably avoid posting in them.

Kumnaa

• Kumnaa
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:40 pm »

So private forums are no longer private.  Major backwards step and more of us will probably avoid posting in them.

I suppose if you count myself and Butjam as the public then yes but then two people have always been able to see everything.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 10:37:47 pm »

I suppose if you count myself and Butjam as the public then yes but then two people have always been able to see everything.

You and Nel don't count for obvious reasons.  Butjam does for also obvious reasons (as does Frerk).

Even if they claim they're not reading them, that's bullshit.  Partly because Butjam proved it by posting in one and partly because there are so few posts that they will basically see every post there is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:40:26 pm by Dan Moir »

Kumnaa

• Kumnaa
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 10:39:18 pm »

You and Nel don't count for obvious reasons.  Butjam does for also obvious reasons.

Sadly the days of having admins who don't play the game are gone.

Metapod

• Lord of The Dance
  • Political - Member of Parliament
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 10:43:45 pm »

I understand why you will always be supreme admin, but surely if Frerk is inactive he should go?

I'M A RAINBOW CITIZEN.

Kumnaa

• Kumnaa
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 10:49:58 pm »

I understand why you will always be supreme admin, but surely if Frerk is inactive he should go?

He has now.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »

He has now.
/me panics
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Thedark ace

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 11:14:01 pm »
I don't think anyone wanted it to go like this at all

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
  • Pusher of buttons and puller of strings
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 11:43:37 pm »
So butjam is now what Frerk was?

OK, this is bullshit.

Massive imbalance in the force and butjam has nowhere near the level of across the board respect Frerk does.

-2/10 would not bang.
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 11:51:08 pm »
Butjam has been ok. I would prefer he avoids posting in private forums he is not a member of. Otherwise meh, bit more fun than no-one.
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

Prof Moriarty

• Third Place CP Election December 2013
  • RP
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 12:10:59 am »
What this mess needs is a top notch admin like myself to clean up this mess.

Oh wait. We tried that

Atticus Sand, Lord of Last Post Wins
Quote from: Emergy
Bit closer than I thought It would be thus far. Moriarty syphoning votes off in the all important goat demographic.
Quote from: Butjam
I voted for you, but you got a resounding chorus of 'not sure if srs' from everyone else....