Author Topic: Preferred computer style  (Read 4582 times)

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
Preferred computer style
« on: August 18, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »
Long use your laptop and try this link

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Quick and easy :)

Graphics card 'Dedicated video RAM' is too low - 64mb as opposed to 512mb :/
CPU is 0.2 off

Other than that everything is green across the board.
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

BaskB

Re: Preferred computer style
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:59:11 pm »
I'm going to be buying it off Amazon btw guys as it's only £25 as opposed to £35 off steam. Would anybody still be up for doing a co-op campaign with me? I can Skype at the same time...

Use gameholds link I posted at top of this page mate £17 and oddments on there, had the code in less than half hr :)
Regiment 5 - Legion

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:02:34 pm »
I'm going to be buying it off Amazon btw guys as it's only £25 as opposed to £35 off steam. Would anybody still be up for doing a co-op campaign with me? I can Skype at the same time...

Use gameholds link I posted at top of this page mate £17 and oddments on there, had the code in less than half hr :)

I prefer to have hard disk copies of the game, that way if I ever get bored or a new EU comes out I can flog the old one and put some cash towards the new one :P

Plus my laptop has slow download speed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:07:13 pm by LongShotzZ »
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

Thomas765

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »
Long use your laptop and try this link

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Quick and easy :)

Graphics card 'Dedicated video RAM' is too low - 64mb as opposed to 512mb :/
CPU is 0.2 off

Other than that everything is green across the board.

I have a worse graphic card and CPU than you do and it works perfectly fine. 1.7 GHz (two CPUs) and Intel HD graphics

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:15:17 am »
1.7ghz? Is it a typewriter? :p
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:52:36 am »
Alas, downloaded the demo, fiddled with settings and it works. Albeit at 1024x768 resolution which makes reading a pain in the arse a bit. I shall contemplate getting it but I like my eyes the way they are so...

ADD: How to I switch my graphics card as that's the only thing holding me back from playing high res?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:54:24 am by LongShotzZ »

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 09:02:08 am »
Do you have a laptop or a desktop? If it's a desktop just check it's compatible with your motherboard then plug it in. If it's a laptop buy a new laptop.

Laptops suck
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 09:24:16 am »
Do you have a laptop or a desktop? If it's a desktop just check it's compatible with your motherboard then plug it in. If it's a laptop buy a new laptop.

Laptops suck

Ahh feck

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 10:37:49 am »

Laptops suck

Ahh feck
I forget how old you are LS, but if you don't have to worry about moving away. To Uni anytime soon you may as well just buy a desktop, especially if you happen to have a spare monitor or anything lying about your house. Should last you long enough to play games in mid tier capabilities for not too much until you can get your hands on that delicious student loan/a real job
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 10:42:31 am »
I forget how old you are LS, but if you don't have to worry about moving away. To Uni anytime soon you may as well just buy a desktop, especially if you happen to have a spare monitor or anything lying about your house. Should last you long enough to play games in mid tier capabilities for not too much until you can get your hands on that delicious student loan/a real job

Been toying with the idea for a while tbqh. I'm either getting a desktop or a quad core laptop, but I'm swaying more towards a desktop now as if parts do start to get old I can easily upgrade them as opposed to the difficulty of doing such to a laptop.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 02:24:47 pm »
Just get a desktop, laptops are a silly idea unless they're purely for work.

Taking one to uni isn't a problem either, unless you cba carrying it into your flat with all your other shit.
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 02:46:57 pm »

Taking one to uni isn't a problem either, unless you cba carrying it into your flat with all your other shit.

Might need a laptop for 6th form :/

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 02:50:42 pm »

I have a laptop at Uni purely because of mobility issues and the fact they're easier to cram into somewhere, plus it acts as a backup I case my note taking netbook breaks, considering I can't make notes without a computer...

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »

I have a laptop at Uni purely because of mobility issues and the fact they're easier to cram into somewhere, plus it acts as a backup I case my note taking netbook breaks, considering I can't make notes without a computer...

u wot m8

What's wrong with pen and paper?

Might need a laptop for 6th form :/

I doubt it, unless you go to a weird 6th form.
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 03:08:27 pm »
Dyspraxic, so lack the organisational skills to store paper and to produce coherent notes, got a letter from my psychologist and everything

In retrospect though, if I knew where I was gonna be living this year, I probably would've put up with a desktop throughout first year as well because I've ended up with plenty of room

Struggle Snuggles

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 04:12:15 pm »
Had only a desktop for sixth form first year, most of secondyear, and all of first year uni, which I rebuilt specifically for games huehuehue. I sold it to a housemate at that point as the weight was a bit of a faff - I didn't fancy hiring a van every time I needed to travel or move. But if your chill with it, stick with a desktop, it will suit you very well throughout your time at college and beyond :)

Especially now Paradox games seem to need trop grands lucre to play

Smack

• RP
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 10:56:48 pm »
The only laptop's I'd get now would be one of those nice Chromebooks to be honest. I don't need anything else in a laptop.

[23] <@Artela> "Smack, aspiring to climb up to gutter level since 2009, and failing due to the lack of a ladder long enough"

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
  • Pusher of buttons and puller of strings
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 10:57:56 pm »
The only laptop's I'd get now would be one of those nice Chromebooks to be honest. I don't need anything else in a laptop.

My brother has one, it's a good netbook.
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:02 pm »
Getting the Samsung one after next payday, gonna' get £50 cashback and a shitty little smartphone that must be worth at least £30, not bad deal when I will only spend £299 on the netbook itself

Lady Rainicorn

• Sexiest Voice in the eUK
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 11:27:22 pm »

Yeah think my next step is a desktop again
Had a laptop through uni for ease of use but now I acc have a smart phone and this dell mini-tablet thing from work I don't use the laptop for anything other than gaming
Founder of eUK Domestic eCricket League
Special Forces
FM #39
MBE
Ex-Speaker of the HoC

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: