: Tapatalk  ( 914 )

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
  • : 12057
Tapatalk
« : August 22, 2013, 11:51:03 AM »
For those of you who use it, I'd advise NOT upgrading to tapatalk 4. It adds no functionality and is full of bugs. Just saying I paid a dollar for that update and it really wasn't worth it.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Darkmantle

• : 8102
  • Bot Guy
Re: Tapatalk
« #1 : August 22, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
Upgrade was free for iOS so did it anyway.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« #2 : August 22, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »
It was 64p on Android, but that's not the point.

I was warning you cos the new one is buggy and shit. But if you think free buggy and shit is good then good for you lol
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Darkmantle

• Bot Guy
« #3 : August 22, 2013, 09:40:51 PM »
I've had 0 problems so far, I only use it to reply if I'm out which is rare.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« #4 : August 22, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »
Well I had a few problems connecting to the server, it not showing all topics and refusing to refresh. And those problems are reflected across the board from what I can read. It is buggy and full of problems.

I don't know why you're making an issue out of this- if you choose to upgrade to something which has no added functionality and lots of bugs that's fine. I made the topic to warn normal people not to do that until they were resolved.

Barlow

• : 2911
« #5 : August 22, 2013, 11:26:29 PM »
I've had 0 problems so far, I only use it to reply if I'm out which is rare.

Same, seems completely fine to me, I'd recommend everyone upgrades. It's a lot better.
Ideas for a new signature children?

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« #6 : August 23, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »
Nice try Brodie

Darkmantle

• Bot Guy
« #7 : August 23, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »
Well I had a few problems connecting to the server, it not showing all topics and refusing to refresh. And those problems are reflected across the board from what I can read. It is buggy and full of problems.

I don't know why you're making an issue out of this- if you choose to upgrade to something which has no added functionality and lots of bugs that's fine. I made the topic to warn normal people not to do that until they were resolved.

You're the only one who's said that it has bugs though. Not saying that you're lieing, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least post saying that I've personally had no bugs.

The bugs could easily be just on the Android one - the iOS one works fine.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« #8 : August 23, 2013, 09:22:07 AM »
Out of the two of us yes: Google tapatalk 4 and look at reviews.

Darkmantle

• Bot Guy
« #9 : August 23, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
This is getting repetitive now, but I did as you said.

And a basic search for iOS reviews for Tapatalk 4 shows no major bugs, minor bugs, or really anything negative. It's a free upgrade to the latest version that works just as good as the previous version did.

The Android one is a different matter - but I did specifically say that I've seen no problems using the iOS one. They are completely different apps, made using different languages on different platforms and so one version being crap doesn't make the other one crap too.

To basically sum the topic up:

If you are on iOS the app works fine. Upgrade if you want.
If you are on Android the app is buggy and not worth the upgrade price, so don't bother.

BaskB

• : 914
« #10 : August 24, 2013, 12:33:59 AM »
meh I've never paid for Tapatalk in the first place and never will.

Works just fine on my iphone without it

But cheers for the heads up anyway IK
Regiment 5 - Legion

: :
:
/
:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: