: Public Ban Log  ( 1321 )

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
  • : 2732
Public Ban Log
« : May 12, 2014, 01:27:20 AM »
I could have sworn that this was a thing, but I've searched around and can't find it anyway. Anyway, in the interest of transparency I have decided to release the current ban list of the forums.

I will add the screenshots of the current ban list and in future whenever a ban is applied I will post all the details that appear in the log. As per usual, I would like this to be a topic that is not updated very often as I believe in most instances that "Moderated Posts" is the best way to deal with rule breakers.

[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
Re: Public Ban Log
« #1 : May 12, 2014, 01:43:06 AM »
Regarding the ban on Alice:

As you'll probably have noticed or heard by now, Alice has been given a ban. This was not an enjoyable thing for us to do, as Alice has not only been an excellent contributor to the forum in the past through his numerous forum games and his long stint as a global moderator, but because many in the eUK community consider him to be a friend.

To expand on the reason given in the ban log, I refer to this post. After warnings about breaking the rules from moderators, and from myself in a private message when we were sorting out moderation abilities to improve his forum games, Rodney moved the warning percentage up to 25%. This did not constitute a ban. 25% is 5 days of moderated posts, in essence whenever you make a post, a moderator or admin must approve it first. Wayne can tell you they are harmless, he's been on them enough times...

Following this, I received quite a rude message from Alice that came through to my email, saying he had a valid argument removed and did not deserve to be on moderated posts, and called for Rodney to be removed. I ignored this, as I do any other "Sack X!" posts I get when somebody is punished. After checking on the forums correctly however, I found that the situation was worse than I had thought. Abusive messages had been sent by Alice to Rodney which stray entirely across the line of decency and they were completely unacceptable.

I was aware of Alice's mean streak, being on the receiving end during the trainwreck of Moriarty4Admin and "Hey why don't we relax the rules?"-gate.  I had, however, hoped this was an episode and would not happen again. This is apparently not the case and this time the mean streak has been turned on a volunteer who was doing his job to keep this forum a working community. Whether or not you like Goku (and you probably don't), Alice was behaving outside of the rules and deserved moderated posts for this consistent rule breaking, like the DC members who spammed "Access Requests". His barrage of insults and abuse are what earned him this ban, and for now it stands. When I am less angry for how he has treated the moderating team, and he is less angry for being punished, I hope that a reasonable discussion can be had to allow him to return, I really do not like banning people. If a pattern of abuse continues then this is untenable.

I am sorry if this decision has upset you, I know some people are genuinely angry at us for this. If that is the case, we apologise but stick to our guns. If you feel that this has made the forum unusable for you, as at least one person has made clear to me, then I am very sorry but I believe you are in the wrong and defending actions which are clearly out of order. Thanks for reading through this waffle, and I hope you can understand why we've had to follow through with this regrettable action.

Butjam,
Hapless forum admin

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #2 : May 26, 2014, 01:52:59 AM »
New ban: Malkaiser
Reason: Multiple account. Multiple accounts are not permitted, if you want to have a different name due to an ingame change (or any other reason) then mail me, nobody gets to escape their post history.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #3 : June 01, 2014, 06:50:55 PM »
New ban: rustice.verissimo
Reason: Wow, like, super illegal spam offering to forge documents.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #4 : July 17, 2014, 06:56:42 PM »
New Ban: jamesw

Reason: For being a cunty Commander in Thief and general cuntiness. Cunting silly cabbage.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #5 : April 01, 2015, 12:09:04 AM »
New Ban: Malkaiser, AKA Goku

Reason: Twat