: Let's make this an eUK forum  ( 5945 )

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
  • : 756
Let's make this an eUK forum
« : June 30, 2014, 11:56:50 AM »
In the 2 years I've been here I've seen successive people leave eUK for a variety of reasons the latest being a temper tantrum because a party election didn't go the way the people leaving wished.
These people that have left eUK seem to think that because they were once citizens of eUK it gives them a permanent right to meddle in the affairs of eUK.

Can we restrict these former citizens from posting anywhere other than the "Off Topic" section? They don't have an eUK vote so their opinions should not distract from eUK business

jxm

• : 70
Re: Let's make this an eUK forum
« #1 : June 30, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
The rapid descent into restriction of speech around here is fucking staggering. First Dapper wants to tell Woldy he can't give himself a silly title and now you want to limit discussion to your own little echo chamber.

It'll be a boring fucking world if you keep pushing away any dissenting voices.
Jayxm
MoD x3

Bohemond4

• Viscount of Cambrige
  • Woldean Court
  • : 1338
« #2 : June 30, 2014, 12:19:16 PM »
can we also restrict the right of people who disagree with Sexagenarian from posting anywhere but Off Topic while we are at it?
Viscount of Cambridge
We should all just quit the game.  It just to flowering divisive

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
  • : 2732
« #3 : June 30, 2014, 12:58:39 PM »
Citizenship will never discriminate against participation in discussions, mirroring that of how erep works. The game allows citizens of any country to post in articles, feeds and messages to any other player. The eUK forums act as a social hub that generally passes commentary on the eUK and as areas exist where the only people that matter in terms of opinion with regards to buttons (mongress) can vote anyway, there's no reason to eliminate people from our already tiny user base
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
  • : 12057
« #4 : June 30, 2014, 01:13:36 PM »
Sexagenarian you are literally the most unremittingly negative and generally useless person on this forum erep wise. All you do is act negatively. You never propose a single idea, defend no values. You don't excel in politics, economics or the military. Your entire community contribution is negative bile against people who do contribute. So yeh if anyone should have their access removed it should be you. The ultimate in grumpy old useless armchair generalship.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

« #5 : June 30, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »
I do not often voice my opinion on the forum but I do read it. The forum has degraded a lot of the last years and with what you are suggesting we can just close it all together except maybe the gaming section.

This is the most idiotic proposal I have seen in a long time.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

Malkaiser

• : 7572
« #6 : June 30, 2014, 02:13:54 PM »
Sexagenarian you are literally the most unremittingly negative and generally useless person on this forum erep wise. All you do is act negatively. You never propose a single idea, defend no values. You don't excel in politics, economics or the military. Your entire community contribution is negative bile against people who do contribute. So yeh if anyone should have their access removed it should be you. The ultimate in grumpy old useless armchair generalship.

Irony engine.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« #7 : June 30, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »
Yeh because I've never done any of that. How blinded by your own stupidity are you Goku? I've excelled in all three of the areas I've mentioned, and if I never proposed any ideas you'd have nothing to attack me over. Fact is you're just a reactionary, the only ideas you ever propose are either ridiculous trolls or attempts to dress up something blatantly biased towards you as impartial.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Alfagrem

• : 72
« #8 : June 30, 2014, 02:19:47 PM »

Irony engine.

Damn son you just opened the door for Keers to tell us how awesome he is/was as SG, CEO, CP etc...

EDIT : I was Denied by a fast moving Keers :(

Prof Moriarty

• Third Place CP Election December 2013
  • RP
  • : 2694
« #9 : June 30, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »
Without even going into anything you've said in the original post, embassies and that.
Atticus Sand, Lord of Last Post Wins
: Emergy
Bit closer than I thought It would be thus far. Moriarty syphoning votes off in the all important goat demographic.
: Butjam
I voted for you, but you got a resounding chorus of 'not sure if srs' from everyone else....

Malkaiser

« #10 : June 30, 2014, 02:23:15 PM »
Yeh because I've never done any of that. How blinded by your own stupidity are you Goku? I've excelled in all three of the areas I've mentioned, and if I never proposed any ideas you'd have nothing to attack me over. Fact is you're just a reactionary, the only ideas you ever propose are either ridiculous trolls or attempts to dress up something blatantly biased towards you as impartial.

Bit bigheaded.

Alfagrem

• : 72
« #11 : June 30, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »
In a bold and somewhat retro move I'm gonna try drag this back to discussing the OP.

At this particular moment in time This isn't a national forum!

Yes it's advertised as such but we all know that it consists of very few posters and isn't frequented by the eUK population at large and the party forums are pretty defunct and probably only still used by 1 or 2 parties.

If the Butjam clean-up goes ahead (is this still happening?) and it starts to become a 'national forum' again but we continue to get plagued by diversions, insults and the usual crap then we can revisit the point and discuss appropriate measures to contain and/or eradicate such behaviour.

Malkaiser

« #12 : June 30, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
We need form awards to be revamped to show useful things instead of obsure injokes, like having a flag for your citizenship country which would be a nice compromise.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« #13 : June 30, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
People can wear whatever flags or awards they want. I've always been against serious awards, and I only actually requested the argentine spy one.

Malkaiser

« #14 : June 30, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
People can wear whatever flags or awards they want. I've always been against serious awards, and I only actually requested the argentine spy one.
Yes Iain, that is the current system and your opinion of what we should have.

I'm offering a different opinion.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • : 2899
  • The Legion Commander
« #15 : June 30, 2014, 04:52:07 PM »
I think it's a slippery slope, I'm being open minded about your suggestion and I hope it's not just a troll.

What would you do to people that are out of the country supplying MUs?

And, to be perfectly honest, if you want a "eUK Citizen Forum" or something of the like, you only need 10 people and we will set you up your very own private forum to do with as you please.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« #16 : June 30, 2014, 04:55:01 PM »
It's just divisive politics as usual, the US and THEM attitude Goku loves.

I mean look at his party, notice that they never interact with the rest of us. No wonder everyone thinks they're clones. Goku is frightened if they meet us they'll realise that we're not bogeymen like so many new era members realised before they stopped promoting forum and irc use.

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #17 : June 30, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »
Tonight,
In a bold and somewhat retro move I'm gonna try drag this back to discussing the OP.

At this particular moment in time This isn't a national forum!

Yes it's advertised as such but we all know that it consists of very few posters and isn't frequented by the eUK population at large and the party forums are pretty defunct and probably only still used by 1 or 2 parties.

If the Butjam clean-up goes ahead (is this still happening?) and it starts to become a 'national forum' again but we continue to get plagued by diversions, insults and the usual crap then we can revisit the point and discuss appropriate measures to contain and/or eradicate such behaviour.
I just had to get the congress approval to release the old threads. That cote finished last night but ut was too late for me to get round to it, considering I had to be up this morning

Iain and Rodders are right, if you want an award, ask for one. If you want a sub forum, ask for one. I'd like to pretend I'm clever enough to predict what people want but we all know I'm not. Give me good suggestions and they'll happen

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
  • : 756
« #18 : June 30, 2014, 05:23:23 PM »
You never propose a single idea

Hate to have to educate you but this IS a proposal. I expected you to object because it curtails your meddling.

I've excelled in all three of the areas I've mentioned

Delusions of adequacy

What would you do to people that are out of the country supplying MUs?

Personally I would also keep them out of the discussion as they have no vote but I concede that going that far probably wouldn't be acceptable at the moment

As for the sub forum suggestion, are people seriously saying eUK citizens should be relegated to a sub forum here?

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« #19 : June 30, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »
No, I'm saying that I won't relegate anyone who plays erepublik for delusions of nationalism

: :
:
/
:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: