Author Topic: Has the UK left Sirius?  (Read 4088 times)

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
Has the UK left Sirius?
« on: August 17, 2014, 11:50:44 am »
Question for government and congress of the eUK
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
Re: Has the UK left Sirius?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:54:29 am »
http://www.erepublik.com/en/main/alliances

no.

If your questioning my lack of attendance in the alliance room, its due to it being boring as hell and pointless.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:56:40 am »
Well the fact no UK government has had any contact with allies since they got elected is indicative... one or two queries at best. They're beginning to ask if UK is leaving the alliance. And yeh, no attendance at meetings, no presence in alliance rooms...
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Wayne

• Archivists
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 12:02:02 pm »
We've had one meeting, which was to basically elect Magic unopposed.  NWG should have been there.

Every time I've been in the alliance room, it's been nothing but a bunch of fags flirting with each other.

My inbox is proof we have had contact with our allies...

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 12:04:22 pm »
Well they don't feel that way, but by all means continue your good work. I'm sure I am the one eUK government needs to prove it too.

Wayne

• Archivists
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 12:07:43 pm »
Well your the only one questioning me about it... so I answered you.

If they need me, they know where I am.  I'm not gonna sit on IRC 24/7 in the off chance someone needs to ask me a question.  That's what we have the group message set up for.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 12:25:24 pm »
You're on IRC 24/7 anyway, but you seem to forget the main part of your job is keeping in touch with allies. Using the ingame message does not count as being an active CP. One contact with a CP since you started is ridiculous, you should be checking in daily with everyone.

Wayne

• Archivists
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 12:58:03 pm »
I highly doubt I'm missing anything exciting, the alliance isn't exactly a hive of activity itself.  If my input is needed, I'm but an in game message away if they can't find me on IRC.

Lithuania, Chile, Bulgaria, and the USA have all managed it in the past few days.  You would have hoped the 'brotherhood' of Sirius would be checking in with it's weakest member at least once this term.  Rather than it's weakest member having to 'check in' with the big boys and seeing if they require an MU's worth of damage in their already overkill battles.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:51 pm »
It's easier for them to boot us out.  Why should they have to run around after a member state that isn't really much use to them?  We should be proving what good allies we are and proving that we deserve to be there, rather than giving them reasons/excuses to kick us out.

We need them far more than they need us and they've put up with a lot of crap from our direction over recent months.

And that's not just jamesw, Dapper etc.  Your Prime Minister was offering membership of Sirius to countries without any authority to do so just a week ago.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:07:25 pm by Dan Moir »

Malkaiser

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 01:18:53 pm »
So Wayne has to contact the CPs of the big countries daily, but they don't have to contact him.

Sounds like an equal alliance! Do they want tribute in the form of daily ego massage? Perhaps Unity feels out of the loop.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 01:21:29 pm »
So Wayne has to contact the CPs of the big countries daily, but they don't have to contact him.

Sounds like an equal alliance! Do they want tribute in the form of daily ego massage? Perhaps Unity feels out of the loop.

No.  He just has to hang around in the alliance room more frequently like the rest of them do.  That means that nobody has to do any running about.

Talon Karrde

• Party - TUP
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 01:29:32 pm »

You really have no idea how alliances work mate, it's all about having reps in the room.

Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui; officium perfeci

Malkaiser

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 01:38:43 pm »
Sounds like a clique of egotistical arseholes.

Thanks for confirming that our alliances have always been who likes who on IRC and utterly divorced from the players.

Talon Karrde

• Party - TUP
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 01:44:52 pm »
Sounds like a clique of egotistical arseholes.

Thanks for confirming that our alliances have always been who likes who on IRC and utterly divorced from the players.

Ah, so you do understand! Except for the divorces bit- that's what elections are for.

Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui; officium perfeci

Wayne

• Archivists
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »
It's nothing but a boys club, it's pretty much the same boys club as ONE and TWO, no doubt the history stretches back further than that.  We didn't get into Sirius as a Full Member due to us being a good ally.  We got it due to Keers being in the boys club.

Seeing as the eUK has steered away from being a Keers plaything, it comes as no surprise that eUK's membership is being questioned as most of the other CP's have no real loyalty to anything eUK except Keers.  Me, simply sitting in a room being ignored and ignoring others won't change any of that.

The first thing said to me when I entered the Sirius channel was 'what's he doing here?'....

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »
You're meant to be building relationships in alliance politics.  This is typical of the New Era / Old UKPP / Vendetta style of thinking.  You just expect everyone to conform to what you want, even when they're better at it and represent far more influential countries.

Yes Iain and some others like Talon, Kravenn, Magic, LordFarhan, etc. have helped eUK get to and maintain a position at the top of alliances.  Those people aren't really doing that for eUK now though, so the current administration need to step up and build their own relationships with the key players.  If that's not done, next time there is an alliance shift (probably not far away) we'll be left out in the cold.  Of course you can just blame it on everyone else like you're doing but that's not really going to help us as a country is it?  Think of the bigger picture.

Wayne

• Archivists
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 02:15:48 pm »
I have no interest in alliance politics, none of my friends have any interest in alliance politics, no one has come forward expressing an interest in alliance politics.  I included KaptenJohnson and Count Drakula in my original in game messages due to them being A) eUK players and B) involved in alliance politics, only CD had the good grace to reply, albeit once.

If no body wants to get involved what can we do?

Anybody wanna be my Alliance Rep?  Goku, you fancy it?

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 02:17:43 pm »
You only had to pretend to be interested for a month.  Sorry if that is too much to ask from a CP.

Wayne

• Archivists
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 02:29:20 pm »
Sitting in a room being ignored and ignoring everyone is pointless, we can ignore each other in separate rooms. None of us are in the room 24/7, so if Sirius relies on IRC participation as it's only form of organizing hten something is seriously wrong with it.  I was more informed with the happenings of TWO as a vCP then I have been as a CP of a Sirius country.

I'm a lowly Country President in the world of alliance politics, next month (unless I'm reelected) I wont be anywhere near alliance stuff, so in my opinion it falls to Magic and the rest of the boys club to keep us CP's informed and organised, rather than us one month wonders doing the running round trying to get involved.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 02:44:24 pm »
So that's at least 3 months now that eUK has been either uninterested or detrimental to the alliance.  I can't see them putting up with it for much longer.  It's your job to sort it Wayne, whether you are interested in alliance politics or not.  You could at least tolerate them for the rest of the month.

I understand that it can be a place where you really don't want to go and that you don't like being a minor player in something much bigger.  I have no doubt they would piss me off too (apart from the fact that there is a high Unity presence which would give me some advantage).  Talon was good at it because he is far more tolerant than you or I.  Iain was already very highly regarded and so people just listen to him but these days I think you have to be more of a diplomat to get anywhere in alliance politics.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:48:59 pm by Dan Moir »