: Has the UK left Sirius?  ( 3682 )

paultyndale

• Party - TUP
  • : 187
Re: Has the UK left Sirius?
« #20 : August 17, 2014, 03:18:45 PM »
As a complete novice on these matters - I am concerned that Congress has apparently failed in 2 months to agree an MPP with Estonia, the result of which is that Estonia is not happy - surely we need as many friends as we can get? Quid pro quo?

Considering our weak position as a nation, surely it is incumbent on the eUK to at least try and show ourselves at every opportunity on the battlefield within our alliance?

Do we need to be at war with anyone solely as eUK when there is more than enough alliance battles taking place for us to fight in?

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
  • : 12057
« #21 : August 17, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
If you want to completely neglect building relationships with the alliance what are they going to think about eUK? What I told them is what you just told me, CP and Gov is introverted and lazy, not interested in developing international contacts. I told them it's just what you were like and to not judge the whole UK by you. But that's exactly what Sweden was like at the end of ONE and look where they are now. UK is going the same way.

Guess what Wayne, the main job of the CP is contacting foreign governments and you aren't doing it.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Malkaiser

• : 7572
« #22 : August 17, 2014, 03:36:17 PM »
I'll be alliance rep until 1st September when I start new job. Done it before, ill be on IRC all of most days other than when I pop out to play Ingress.
« : August 17, 2014, 04:14:53 PM Malkaiser »

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
  • : 2517
« #23 : August 17, 2014, 03:41:48 PM »
I have no interest in getting anywhere in alliance politics.   If any eUKer does and wants to get involved they have my full blessing to be eUK's representative.   

As for Estonia Paul, http://prntscr.com/4dowst was pretty indicative of Congresses take on the matter.  If you can find a way to get eUKers to tank for anything other than TP and BH medals, then I'm all ears.  It's up to the player base as a whole to show willingness as allies.  Instead the vast majority of you do nothing but DO's until we have a eUK battle open. 

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
  • : 12057
« #24 : August 17, 2014, 03:42:59 PM »
So basically you're washing your hands of the most important part of your job? Good work, why don't you resign and let someone up for the task do it?
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
  • : 6376
« #25 : August 17, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »
If we agreed on not MPPing Estonia, which as people can now see was my view on it, then you should have communicated it to Estonia.

Perhaps you did?  Or perhaps you just ignored them?

In that situation where we don't think it's worth the money, we would normally message them to tell them that congress don't think it is a good use of our limited funds at this time and that if they came under any serious threat we would MPP them at that time.  It would be good to remain friends with them, even though at the current time I don't think it's worth the money.

Wayne

• Archivists
« #26 : August 17, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »
If I'm not doing my job by not contacting Forig CP's then the lack of contact from Forig CP's towards me surely mean they are not doing their job either.  Communication is a 2 way street.

I've been in contact with CP's.  LT CP informed me of their AirStrike and wanted information concerning our war with Norway.  I've even been in contact with the Polish CP, who basically refused us any help with PP elections.  I've been in touch with Indo, Chile, Bulgaria, Ukraine, USA Governments.  You know how many have contacted me?  Apart from the standard, 'This is our government for this month' messages, a grand total of 3.   

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« #27 : August 17, 2014, 03:55:26 PM »
So you ignored Estonia then?

Wayne

• Archivists
« #28 : August 17, 2014, 03:58:53 PM »
If we agreed on not MPPing Estonia, which as people can now see was my view on it, then you should have communicated it to Estonia.

Perhaps you did?  Or perhaps you just ignored them?

In that situation where we don't think it's worth the money, we would normally message them to tell them that congress don't think it is a good use of our limited funds at this time and that if they came under any serious threat we would MPP them at that time.  It would be good to remain friends with them, even though at the current time I don't think it's worth the money.

Technically the Estonian CP hasn't messaged me to confirm that they are seeking a MPP with us.  what am I supposed to do, message each CP with every bit of hearsay?

They are seeking the MPP, you would have thought they would message me...

paultyndale

• Party - TUP
« #29 : August 17, 2014, 03:59:51 PM »
Wayne - in respect of the contact with other countries, i would suspect part of this relates to what your predecessors have been up to and that maybe calls for the current government as a whole to repair bridges?

Estonia - I fought for Estonia against Finland 2 days ago and in conversation got a thanks from the President of Estonia.  Every little bit helps and whilst people may not wish to tank at every opportunity surely being there and doing a bit is all worthwhile.  If people from other countries see us on the battlefield then surely it will be noted?

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
  • : 756
« #30 : August 17, 2014, 04:05:03 PM »
Sirius
is an alliance for mutual protection, mutual advantage and mutual gain. All nations signed here stand as equals, bound by trust and shared values to build a new world of prosperity for all members

Reading this thread it doesn't seem like the quote taken from the Sirius Alliance description has anything to do with reality.

@Keers, as you're not listed as a member of Alliance HQ and you're an interfering foreigner, WTF has any of this to do with you?

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« #31 : August 17, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »
Technically the Estonian CP hasn't messaged me to confirm that they are seeking a MPP with us.

Well you obviously are only picking at technicalities.

It's pretty clear that you were aware that they wanted an MPP one way or another and I guess by your response that you haven't had the courtesy to respond.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« #32 : August 17, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »
Thanks Iain for bringing this to our attention before it's too late.

Wayne

• Archivists
« #33 : August 17, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »
I've fought for Estonia, so have Dental Corps, your telling me nothing that I don't already know with regards to being seen on the battlefield.  We had Lithuania set as CoTD during their failed attempt at landing an AirStrike on Norway, we've had CoTD's set to Spain and Poland.  The only way to be seen on the battlefield is being seen in the top 5.

Goku is now the eUK's Alliance representative.  He can try to repair the damage.   

paultyndale

• Party - TUP
« #34 : August 17, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
What point are you making? - the commander of your MU is a Polish Citizen!

Sirius
is an alliance for mutual protection, mutual advantage and mutual gain. All nations signed here stand as equals, bound by trust and shared values to build a new world of prosperity for all members

Reading this thread it doesn't seem like the quote taken from the Sirius Alliance description has anything to do with reality.

@Keers, as you're not listed as a member of Alliance HQ and you're an interfering foreigner, WTF has any of this to do with you?

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« #35 : August 17, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »
Goku is now the eUK's Alliance representative.  He can try to repair the damage.

This shows your total disregard for the alliance.  You've actually made it even worse than ignoring them.

Hopefully he won't go around offering alliance membership to anyone he speaks to though like your Prime Minister.

Wayne

• Archivists
« #36 : August 17, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »
Technically the Estonian CP hasn't messaged me to confirm that they are seeking a MPP with us.

It's pretty clear that you were aware that they wanted an MPP one way or another and I guess by your response that you haven't had the courtesy to respond.

Why should I reply to a question that hasn't been asked?

Wayne

• Archivists
« #37 : August 17, 2014, 04:12:56 PM »

This shows your total disregard for the alliance.  You've actually made it even worse than ignoring them.

Hopefully he won't go around offering alliance membership to anyone he speaks to though like your Prime Minister.

How is that making it worse?  Because you don't like the only person to show an interest in taking on the job?

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« #38 : August 17, 2014, 04:14:03 PM »

Why should I reply to a question that hasn't been asked?

If that's how you actually saw it, you wouldn't have wasting your time and congresses time in bringing up the discussion.  You're just making piss poor excuses now for your poor performance.  The implication from your message is that they had asked you and that you wanted congresses opinion.

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
  • : 756
« #39 : August 17, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
Thanks Iain for bringing this to our attention before it's too late.

It's been too late for months, TUP runaways bad mouthing the current CP and Congress are in no position to throw stones.

What point are you making? - the commander of your MU is a Polish Citizen!

Sirius

The Commander of my MU does not try to influence eUK politics and also doesn't have a temper tantrum like a 4 year old girl if the current eUK government ignores him