: The Future?  ( 5498 )

VoodooMike71

• What's a custom title then?
  • MU - Royal Navy
  • : 162
  • Think of something interesting, and pretend I'm it
Re: The Future?
« #20 : September 23, 2014, 01:50:52 PM »
If eRep is on it's last legs, why don't we all bail out and find something new and shiny to get into. Any suggestions?

(obviously, no-one tell Goku what's decided though)
Woldy's Royal Wench

xoxox nihil declarandum xoxox

paultyndale

• Party - TUP
  • : 187
« #21 : September 23, 2014, 02:41:16 PM »
Strange how so many people think eRep is on its last legs, maybe that's true, but consider the fate of the alternate games to eRep that have tried similar or varying versions - they are a disaster!  some never seemed to get going at all - including ones that copied V1

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • : 2440
  • Everything is a statistic.
« #22 : September 23, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
Strange how so many people think eRep is on its last legs, maybe that's true, but consider the fate of the alternate games to eRep that have tried similar or varying versions - they are a disaster!  some never seemed to get going at all - including ones that copied V1

We're not suggesting another eRep, god no.

I propose a varied community, steam, other online games, why limit ourselves to one game, that results in whats happening now, lets become diverse for once.

Excluding the dickheads tho, they're not included in that diversity.

« #23 : September 23, 2014, 08:10:19 PM »
Hey guys if every threat is going to turn in to back and forward with Goku, don't bother even trying to make something of this forum.
This is the highway to trashing what is left of it...

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

MarkTD

• choose a custom title
  • : 55
  • choose personal text
« #24 : September 23, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »
Can't say I've been here as long as you lot, but still, what's left of the community is pretty great, wouldn't you say? Would be a shame to get rid of the forums...
choose a custom signature

« #25 : September 23, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »
I'll have my own game ...soon.

« #26 : September 24, 2014, 02:32:04 AM »

We're not suggesting another eRep, god no.

I propose a varied community, steam, other online games, why limit ourselves to one game, that results in whats happening now, lets become diverse for once.

Excluding the dickheads tho, they're not included in that diversity.

Please no.

BaskB

• : 914
« #27 : September 24, 2014, 04:02:14 AM »
Well nice to see this thread quickly deteriorated into the usual shite we have on here.

I give up, Mittes comment really explained it best:-

Hey guys if every threat is going to turn in to back and forward with Goku, don't bother even trying to make something of this forum.
This is the highway to trashing what is left of it...

Oh and Goku before you start with the whole "victimisation" and they started it bullshit, you were the first in this thread to try and derail it:-

I'll buy the forum and make it active again through community involvement (people who actually play).

I'll unquit and play again only if I can do this, otherwise eUK will remain stagnant and not be worth any time.

"(people who actually play)" - Just to highlight the first dig in the entire thread, You'll find that pretty much everybody in this thread whom has commented STILL plays erep, you were clearly trying to get a dig/bite which you then got and further derailed the thread by then having a pop at one of the sub communities (yes, the minecraft one) and asking them to leave, before then crying about being bullied later in the thread after it derails further into the usual crap:-

My ultimate revenge is making just enough posts to allow Iain & sycophants to tank their karma and taint their very souls with bully-hatred.

NOT ONE POST IN THIS THREAD before your first comment attempted in anyway to derail the thread and people were actually commenting about whst they felt was happening. Clearly you were attempting the bite and when got it cried "wolf". Notice Iain's comment before you even entered the thread had NO slagging off/insults present in it?

So unless you have something of actual benefit to the thread or a reasonable idea of a way forward without slagging off what is left of the community here could I please ask you to stop posting in this thread which is aimed at the WHOLE community not just YOU.

If you have an idea that doesn't involve slagging off the community in anyway then I'm personally happy to listen, what I do find offensive though is the notion that you prefer to just have a dig at what community is actually left than have an adult discussion.

If you feel the forum might be better to be split off so that erep is seperated from all other eUK communites that feel free to actually discuss a proposal on how you would see that implemented, you know perhaps in a sensible fashion?

I personally have No issue with you, you've never done anything to offend me, nor I you as far as I'm aware, but I'd actually like to consider some people on here friends "albeit" internet friends and wish to discuss in an Adult fashion a plan to cater for the future should erep fail (which am sure everyone agrees is becoming inevitable now). Yes I could create/host a minecraft forum, infact it would take me 10 minutes or less, but NOT everyone here I talk too plays Minecraft regular and even those that do might spend more time in other groups, Steam for example.

Butjam, as I'm the owner of the OP please feel free to close this thread IF Goku is unable to actually post a responsible comment that doesn't involve slagging off anybody else.

ALSO out of interest in fairness please feel free to remove the snipe at the death of another forum user. As much as I appreciate it may have been in jest the comment I don't feel has place in this thread as I'm trying to actually get us to address an issue BEFORE the inevitable happens
« : September 24, 2014, 04:28:55 AM BaskB »
Regiment 5 - Legion

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
  • : 13864
« #28 : September 24, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »
internet friends are allways superior to rl friends
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« #29 : September 24, 2014, 09:36:58 AM »
Can we just make it forum wide that we're removing eRep as our base community?

That way we're free to naturally drop into other games with each other.

We can do this now, but having no official game makes it more visible that we're general gamers playing many games.

Just an idea.

« #30 : September 24, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »
I would open it up to the rest of the erepublik community first, now that we still have a platform to work with.
We can easily do some advertising in the media. People like me who travelled the different countries know that other eCountries have gaming communities too :)

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« #31 : September 24, 2014, 04:49:01 PM »
I would open it up to the rest of the erepublik community first, now that we still have a platform to work with.
We can easily do some advertising in the media. People like me who travelled the different countries know that other eCountries have gaming communities too :)

I heavily doubt eRep will take kindly to us advertising a forum that will eventually break its allegiance with the game.

We've already expanded to other places, we have several members from other countries, sadly, most of them have quit.

It would be nice to have some new faces, but I don't think we're going to get many from the game itself anymore.

People can try, but it needs to not be advertising, as eRep will just get ban hammer happy.

Rob the Bruce

• Party - UKRP
  • : 197
« #32 : September 24, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »

Plato would not want.

Just decide on some re branding and then do it, a game that's pretty much dead isn't really a good platform to work with anyway.
Let's all bicker like married people that loathe each other.

Fatalix

• Party - UK Progression Party
  • : 32
« #33 : September 24, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »
I'd be okay with this place becoming a more general gaming community (let's be honest, a clan) since some of you are decent, and the ones that aren't are at least fun to flower with.
Really, what other options do we have? Move onto a new browser game? They're all pretty awful.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • : 2899
  • The Legion Commander
« #34 : September 24, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
I quit playing actively a long time ago, but I still want to do what I can to make this forum a nice place for anyone that wants to use it for what ever reason.

I'm all for shifting focus to give everyone a place to keep in contact with friends, even if erep is dying.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

paultyndale

• Party - TUP
  • : 187
« #35 : September 25, 2014, 12:13:41 AM »

this sounds good me thinks :D - there are other games that I could get into, so diversification could work both ways.  It would still provide a valuable accompaniment to erep for those that want it, even bring in new players to erep and bring in more players from erep on to the forum from erep if they have other interests covered here.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • : 2899
  • The Legion Commander
« #36 : September 25, 2014, 08:33:07 AM »
I guess we could even have a clan section, let people start their own private groups.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
  • : 12057
« #37 : September 25, 2014, 09:59:31 AM »
Unio Vult!
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Wayne

• Pretty much the most badass eUKer...
  • Archivists
  • : 2517
« #38 : September 25, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »
I was surprised to see 11 eUKers have DayZ!

When was the last thread about eRepublik even posted?

Malkaiser

• : 7572
« #39 : September 25, 2014, 04:01:18 PM »
Wow Bask way to overanalyse something not meant in the way you took it, I was referencing Kumnaa not playing. Which he doesn't.

I was serious, I'll invest a reasonable fee into getting this place active again. It needs a big reform though and not fiddling with small details, we lack many things we could have...