Author Topic: Age of consent  (Read 8637 times)

Malkaiser

Re: Age of consent
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »
...economic power...life experience...different life expectations...look up what grooming is...

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2014, 01:38:13 pm »
grooming implies malicious intent. if there is no such intent, then it is not grooming
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2014, 02:31:56 pm »
In the UK the age of consent is 16. I would argue by your definition Goku, that a 50 year old man in a relationship with a 16 year old girl could quite easily be accused of grooming. Would you argue then that the age of consent should be raised?
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Malkaiser

« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2014, 07:34:33 pm »
grooming implies malicious intent. if there is no such intent, then it is not grooming
Well the "malicious intent" in grooming is wanting sex. There is no difference between grooming and your proposed adults having sex with children, their stronger experience and economic power will get them consent. "Oh hey you like playing my xbox which your parents won't buy you one of, it's fun but adults have more fun things to do, how about these drugs or how about doing this other adult stuff...".

In the UK the age of consent is 16. I would argue by your definition Goku, that a 50 year old man in a relationship with a 16 year old girl could quite easily be accused of grooming. Would you argue then that the age of consent should be raised?
Yeah I already said 18, with exceptions for same age couples. This obviously happens with older people but at least at 18 you can guarentee independent income and a little life experience for most people.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:36:04 pm by Malkaiser »

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2014, 07:36:35 pm »
Idk, a lot of people are still at school at 18. Being realistic, people are always vulnerable to exploitation, it's not necessarily age specific. There are plenty of guys out there who are predatory towards vulnerable women.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2014, 08:03:07 pm »
Well the "malicious intent" in grooming is wanting sex. There is no difference between grooming and your proposed adults having sex with children, their stronger experience and economic power will get them consent. "Oh hey you like playing my xbox which your parents won't buy you one of, it's fun but adults have more fun things to do, how about these drugs or how about doing this other adult stuff...".

nope, it is the means that determines malicious intent or not. and those sorts of manipulations exist everywhere and more often than not dont occurr in a relationship.

Malkaiser

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2014, 08:06:22 pm »
But then children are not naturally going to go seeking a sexual relationship themselves because they have no clue how to seek one by definition of being a child and therefore having no experience. So how do these old guys start the relationship without going into grooming?

Idk, a lot of people are still at school at 18. Being realistic, people are always vulnerable to exploitation, it's not necessarily age specific. There are plenty of guys out there who are predatory towards vulnerable women.
At 18 you get either your job or your loans/grants/bursaries and have the power to have your own place, usually with people in the same boat so you learn the things you need to learn together. You don't need some old guy to give you a place to get away from parents and lure you with things you don't have money to buy yourself or things you don't know about yet.

What is the feminist argument here? To remove what few protections we have against predetory behaviour? To allow 15 year old girls to protitute themselves for a more adult lifestyle when they don't know better?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 08:10:38 pm by Malkaiser »

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2014, 08:38:49 pm »
stop treating kids like morons who dont know anything. they'd most likely start like most relationships do.

its their choice if they want to prostitute themselves, if they dont like it then they wont do it again.

Malkaiser

« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2014, 11:08:13 pm »
Can I give a 5 year old sweets to shown I'm a nice guy then ask if I can get my dick out? It's consent don't infringe that 5 year old's freedoms lol!!! I mean seriously, how young do you want to go Diakun?

The very core of being a child is being a moron who doesn't understand anything... then learning things. I'm sorry that you've had a bad time and are fucked up, doesn't mean that we should base society around your experiences?

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2014, 11:53:49 pm »
Allready said natures maturity (puberty).

They will learn things if they experience them. which they wont if you go authoritarian on everything.

I have no emotional stake in any of these things anymore, let people do what they want that doesnt infringe others freedoms. im far past caring about what if's, making exceptions and general delusional paranoia, flower em

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2014, 02:23:02 pm »

They will learn things if they experience them. which they wont if you go authoritarian on everything.

I'm sure the 13 year old girls in Rotherham learned a lot

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2014, 02:52:04 pm »
Come on, that's like saying women can't enjoy a relationship because ISIS rape women in Syria. Not all relationships are negative just because some are.

Personally I favour something similar to Goku. I'd say remove age of consent altogether, but change the legal system a little.

You'd have a close-age requirement for people under 18 (for example 2 years up to 15, 3 years above that) , and exploitation protection for people up to 21, or people with learning difficulties or otherwise dependent. I'd also change the Law so that breaking the close age requirement isn't rape, it's sex with a minor which carries a lesser penalty. Because not all sex with minors is non-consensual even if it's a definite moral grey area.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: