Author Topic: Chromecast  (Read 1610 times)

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
Re: Chromecast
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 10:52:13 am »
I have a HTC ONE, at the time it came out it shit all over the iPhone and it still does nearly 2 years later. It's noticeably faster than my old phone and considerably better to view anything on, from video to pictures.

I think when you buy new products they're always more expensive because they use cutting edge technology. If people didn't buy them then there wouldn't be so much money for developing new stuff.

I think I paid £500 outright for mine, which I don't think is much for something I use for like six hours at least every day for two years.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • Everything is a statistic.
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 02:57:22 pm »
I have a HTC ONE, at the time it came out it shit all over the iPhone and it still does nearly 2 years later. It's noticeably faster than my old phone and considerably better to view anything on, from video to pictures.

I think when you buy new products they're always more expensive because they use cutting edge technology. If people didn't buy them then there wouldn't be so much money for developing new stuff.

I think I paid £500 outright for mine, which I don't think is much for something I use for like six hours at least every day for two years.

Most new phones use stuff that has been around since the stone age.

I've never actually witnessed anyone using a HTC, is it any good?

I have an iphone 5s, had a 4s, but upgraded, wish I hadn't as 4s is the best. I was offered to get a iphone 6, but its fugly, the lock key is now on the side, which I would press it accidentally all the bloody time, and it looks like an android. Only reason I have an ios phone is purely because the shape of it and its simple design of the os.

I will say this now, I wont be upgrading to any new iphone that looks anything like the 6 or the 5c, cause if it bends, looks like an android when isn't or is made of plastic I don't want it.

The samsung alpha looks quite nice tho.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 04:02:27 pm »
Low power consumption high clockspeed processors are very cutting edge. If you said five years ago you were going to put 2.5ghz quad core processors and 3gb of ram in a phone, they'd laugh at you.

And ye they're good.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Darkmantle

• Bot Guy
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »
I've been using it for a year now, it's probably the best piece of tech I've bought for helpfulness. They were £30 at the time which is still a good price IMO.

Carlini8

• MU - Command - The Legion
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 06:26:15 pm »
If you would press the button on the side of a 6 wrong then something is wrong with your hand.

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2014, 08:05:14 pm »
If you would press the button on the side of a 6 wrong then something is wrong with your hand.

I hold the phone with my thumb on the right side of the phone. And when I type my pointing finger rests on the place the lock button would be.

Sorry I don't meet your standards of phone holding.

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 08:32:30 pm »
i hold my phone with my penis
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Carlini8

• MU - Command - The Legion
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 08:55:05 pm »
Have you held one? I have fairly big hands and holding it in the way you describe I don't reach the button. Not using your thumb to control the phone seems alien to me though. Plus I have a case on it (which will last until I get to the stage where I happily start lobbing my phone around) and with it there is no way to accidentally press the button - regardless of how you hold your phone.

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 10:24:17 am »
Have you held one? I have fairly big hands and holding it in the way you describe I don't reach the button. Not using your thumb to control the phone seems alien to me though. Plus I have a case on it (which will last until I get to the stage where I happily start lobbing my phone around) and with it there is no way to accidentally press the button - regardless of how you hold your phone.

Reread what I said.

I said hold phone with thumb, then when I use/type my finger is on the side of the button.

ADD: Dunno why this bit got cut off but here it is; I know loads of android users that press the lock key accidently all the time, so I'm not alone on hating the lock button being on side.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:26:01 am by ApronChef »

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 10:47:47 am »
Android don't make phones. My phone is android powered and the lock key is on the top.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 12:34:03 pm »
This thread has totally derailed does it need to be locked?

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 12:35:02 pm »
Android don't make phones. My phone is android powered and the lock key is on the top.

Android phones made the lock key famous for being on the side. (I know some are on the top, bottom etc, but I am generalising.

Google owns android, and doesn't google make phones in partnerships, e.g. the nexus? So that statement is mostly false.

Nonetheless, google are intending to expand their phone market a lot, so it wont be much truer in the future.

Anyhow, the lock key should be on the top on all phones, its simply logical.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2014, 12:44:55 pm »
Google doesn't make phones. The nexus phones are made by various companies, and Google just provides the OS.

Only Samsung phones have lock keys on the side as far as I know.

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 01:19:45 pm »
My Sony has it on the side and it's not an issue in the slightest.