Author Topic: Risk of Rain  (Read 1124 times)

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
Risk of Rain
« on: December 22, 2014, 11:01:52 am »
New roguelike platformer. I see only kdogg has it on my steam friends list, so I'll just give some details:

*space/alien planet setting
*10 unlockable classes so far
*permanent death (games are short)
*hundreds of items, passive upgrades and active upgrades that can be activated using money you get for killing peons
*difficulty is on a timer, the longer you take the harder the game gets, but you need decent buffs to beat the bosses at the end of each level
*completely random - each play is unique

I had a quick bash last night and despite dying five times in half an hour and never getting past level 1 I enjoyed it. It has loads of replay ability.

It's also online coop for up to 4 people. I was wondering if this sounds like anyone's thing cos I need players to play with.

I have three copies spare actually if anyone seriously wants to give it a bash, don't fancy giving them away just to sit in someone's library through.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Carlini8

• MU - Command - The Legion
Re: Risk of Rain
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:00:39 pm »
Sounds like fun. I will have to reinstall steam on this fresh Christmas install I did though!

Malkaiser

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 04:29:26 pm »
Is Iain having my posts deleted? :)

There is a good "lets play" of this by TotalBiscuit for this new game from 2013:

kdoggroundtwo

• >_>
  • Global Moderator
  • >_>
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 07:11:14 pm »
The gaming forum is for discussions of games not for peoples personal and petty vandettas and insults they feel the need to drag into everything. So off topic posting such as that will continue to be removed.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:49:20 pm »
TB sucks at it, he must have spent about 20 minutes max playing before he made that video.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 04:16:38 pm »
TB sucks at it, he must have spent about 20 minutes max playing before he made that video.
its a first impressions series not review
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

Malkaiser

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »
Obviously you need days or even weeks of honing your skills before giving a game free publicity.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 05:51:45 pm »
I played for about 3 hours before I was good enough to get to the final level. He got to L2 in that video and said it was one of his best playthroughs. I'm assuming either he's really shit, or the video was made literally after he bought it.

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 07:08:26 pm »
i assume it might just be your dislike of him

Malkaiser

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 09:03:41 pm »
Iain is obviously a super genius who can complete games in mere hours while streaming it and producing popular commentary.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 12:53:32 am »
TB is a silly cabbage anyway, but regardless of that, if I was going to review a game I'd play it enough to actually provide commentary about more than the first 4% or so.

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 01:34:49 am »
>not a review, to repeat tis a first impressions series

everyones a silly cabbage, dont see why it matters in any way

Malkaiser

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 10:51:46 am »
TB is a silly cabbage anyway, but regardless of that, if I was going to review a game I'd play it enough to actually provide commentary about more than the first 4% or so.
I'm looking forward to your first million views youtube video Iain!

Enjoy the increasingly insane and unhinged youtube comments, I heard the last ones TB got were "omg you advertised my charity you evil person!".

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 12:28:21 pm »
I'm looking forward to your first million views youtube video Iain!

Enjoy the increasingly insane and unhinged youtube comments, I heard the last ones TB got were "omg you advertised my charity you evil person!".

I think everyone here has enough experience with insane and unhinged comments.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 01:32:39 pm »
>Having a million views on YouTube makes you good

I'm sure we're all waiting for Psy and LFMAO to be crowned greatest musicians of all time then.

Malkaiser

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 05:16:20 pm »
Yes popular things are always awful :)

They actually refuse to give indie game awards to the popular indie games... they go to "who needs help?". #gamegate

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 05:27:02 pm »
keers didnt even say that

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »
Being popular and being good aren't the same thing, unless you think quantity = quality. That doesn't mean popular games, films and other media can't be good. It just means you can't say because something is popular, it is by definition good.

Malkaiser

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 09:05:06 pm »
Hey I don't listen to TB either other than the odd WTF is I see when looking for game reviews. It's just a bit egotistical to insult an obviously very popular and successful person when you have little evidence of your own prowess in the same area (streaming).

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 12:27:22 am »
Yes and because I am not a premier league footballer I can't comment on someone's ability at taking free kicks or whatever. You don't have to be a great artist to appreciate art etc.