Author Topic: Division Rankings  (Read 995 times)

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
  • I'm Just Causally Taking A Sh*t In Your Toilet
Division Rankings
« on: December 28, 2014, 03:06:40 pm »
Hey guys, I know a lot of new players have trouble playing this game cause the fighting section. There are a few who are like level 25 with over 100 SS medals. I know a lot of people suggest that it should be switched to strength instead of EXP but then people can just sit next to the division limit and get all the BH that way. So how could we fairly put players in to division?

I was thinking if eRep used both EXP and Strength instead of just EXP then it would work out better. Something like *Level % Strength* so it would look like *25 % 10,000 - 4,000* This would stop people who just sit in div 1 collecting SS medals and making life harder for new players.

Sorry my equals button is broken so i replaced with a " - "

_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png_3rd_Regiment_The_Legion.png
The Legion 3rd Division (Carlini's Avengers)
Captain Spygon

paultyndale

• Party - TUP
Re: Division Rankings
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:22:16 pm »
Unfortunately Erepublik has become all about fighting  :(  It was not a war game - it was supposed to be a second chance at life - that's what I was told when I signed up.  It was an opportunity to create an alternate existence.  Now all we have is fight, fight, fight.

Ironically (or not) the only consideration now taken as to which division you fight in on the battlefield is the one thing that is not relevant and has nothing to do with why you are in that division - exp.  Strength is the important thing, yet players with 10k and 100k can and are in the same division simply because of their activities off the battlefield.  Your activities on the battlefield should determine as much as anything which division you are in  (/_<)

My initial view was to have the divisions take 50/50 exp and strength, that way people couldn't avoid 'leveling up' by refusing to do anything but fight.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 08:27:41 pm »
I think rank should be taken into account more so than EXP.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Karacticus

• Archivists
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:10:46 pm »
I think you'll find money spent is taken into account more than anything else.
A political party is not a party. There are no crisps, jelly or ice cream.

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 11:44:45 pm »
I think you'll find money spent is taken into account more than anything else.

True, but rich people can waste money on this game all they like.

Captain Spygon

kitiponn

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:23:31 am »
I think you should think carefully before. 

Karacticus

• Archivists
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 07:52:47 pm »
I think you should think carefully before. 

Or after.
A political party is not a party. There are no crisps, jelly or ice cream.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 10:21:51 pm »
All these spam bots seem to just post philosophical quotes.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Nohjis

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 04:19:45 pm »
If eRep wants to fix the war module; strength should be scrapped completely and the rank modifiers adapted to balance it so you still get a small bonus from fighting a lot / being old.
Instead of giving strength, Training Centers give you a damage modifier valid for x hours (up to 24 hours if you're on all Q4 TG).

After that divisions on xp won't matter as much and it will encourage people to fight rather then perpetuating the overproduction cycle and idling in game scared of going up a division.

To ensure everything goes smoothly I'm in not entirely against a complete reset of rank.

Think outside of the box for solutions. ;)
We are not at peace with others because we are not at peace with ourselves.

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 12:25:15 pm »
I'm not against the rest of rank either, but I don't want to see my hard work of 2 clicking going to waste. And I would have thought the same of other payers. Didn't "sim" or what ever that other eRepublik look alike game add a new sever that people could join and it would be exactly the same game but without the big player strenght gap. eRep could do the same.

Captain Spygon

Nohjis

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 03:52:44 pm »
eRep could indeed start a second server but it's pointless, within a year the strength problem would be back. The original design didn't have this type of strength progression, they worsened the existing problem exponentially when they added levels to the training grounds.

In 1 year, a player can have 33k strength, which means you need 3 years to get to 50% of the current top players and another 3 years to get to 66%, then another 3 years to get to 75%, another 3 years to get to 80% at which point I think competition is viable. eRep only existed 7 years so far. So old players get an extremely unfair advantage over new players (Over 12 years headstart for playing 7 years). When I started, it took me 6 months to tag up to the 80% mark and eRep was already 3 years old. So in fact, this unfair advantage was built up during the last 3-4 years. So... let's rollback to the new server argument. After 1 year, the oldest players will have a 3 years advantage over the new players before needing to welcome them as competition. That's not going to make your game work.

I would rather play with more people then hang on to an unfair advantage (high strength) over a few people. All problems are linked in this game, not being able to compete in the military module drives new powergamers away, these are core to all activity in the game. Eventually you're left with two-clickers. The "clicking" you did for training was not "hard work" to gain an advantage over other players. Rank however is proof you did something in the game and could be used to be more significant in the battle module.
We are not at peace with others because we are not at peace with ourselves.

paultyndale

• Party - TUP
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 03:55:23 pm »
and has anyone been on any of the THREE e-sim servers lately?

Sir Jimmy

• MU - The Legion
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 05:01:34 pm »
No, don't play e-sim. eRepublik is sad enough :/

Captain Spygon

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: