Author Topic: Elite Dangerous  (Read 1480 times)

Sven_Goran

Elite Dangerous
« on: April 27, 2015, 08:24:21 pm »
Elite Dangerous

I like this game.

I liked the original when it came out in 1984 and I played it with my dad on my Acorn Electron. 

I also liked the Frontier follow-up that I played on my Commodore Amiga - a game that seemed way ahead of its time in terms of depth and playability.

So I when I played this on recommendation from a friend, I hoped they’d do it justice and they did!

Elite is a Space Trader/Explorer/Bounty Hunter/Pirate game that is set in our galaxy.

There are quite literally, billions of star systems you can visit in a variety of different ships, all of which feel different to fly.

You can explore, bounty hunt, pirate, mine, trade or get involved in the intergalactic rivalries between the Empire, the Federation and the Alliance.  The graphics and sound are impressive and there is multiplayer support so you can form ‘wings’ with your bros and create mayhem.

Indeed, what you get up to in-game will have an effect on an ‘organic’ galaxy, where systems can be traded between factions over influence and war. 

The down side?  Well, it’s one of those games where there’s no real way of winning.  Yes, you can buy the best ship or yes, you can become ‘elite’ in combat etc., but there is no classical way of ‘winning’ – and this may put others off.

Elite Dangerous
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:25:53 pm by Sven_Goran »
Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to do and die

Sven Goran Duran-Duran  DSO
NHS Supplier
3 x MoLA, 2 x vMoLA, 2 x MoHA, 13 x Congressman, former C-in-C NAVAL forces

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: