: Rebuild complete - Corrupted world  ( 427 )

BaskB

• : 914
Rebuild complete - Corrupted world
« : September 16, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
All,

Ok server is rebuilt and we can start again.

Sadly the old world is unusable (each backup was 3Gb and I only kept a months worth at a time, clearly the corruption happened sometime ago) but am happy to start up a new one if people want.

So what do we want?

1. Creative
2. Survival
3. Skyblock
4. Other?

Regiment 5 - Legion

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • : 2440
  • Everything is a statistic.
Re: Rebuild complete - Corrupted world
« #1 : September 16, 2016, 04:19:35 PM »
I'd love a limited world, were you can't exceed a certain block limit, so we all build a community project, or a mod pack with quests and stuff in.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • : 2899
  • The Legion Commander
« #2 : September 16, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »
I would like a survival world with border limits also, to stop people going many 1000s of blocks out for no reason.

If it could be big enough centrally to build a community city/town and then allocated areas outside where we can build our own houses or something I think it would help keep the community close and less spread out.

Basically like the world map server we played a long time ago, everyone was allocated land and they didn't have to worry about their area being built on and we were all together building a nice community with a bit of roleplay which was fun.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

BaskB

« #3 : September 16, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
Well world border is easy now as they've added the commands into game and survival can be done on any world just the issue is a border may mean no mesa etc if we don't find it in our borders.

Community build we'd probably never agree on! Hah
Regiment 5 - Legion

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
  • : 13864
« #4 : September 16, 2016, 08:27:22 PM »
Well world border is easy now as they've added the commands into game and survival can be done on any world just the issue is a border may mean no mesa etc if we don't find it in our borders.

Community build we'd probably never agree on! Hah

thats why you go full communism
Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

« #5 : September 16, 2016, 09:43:25 PM »
I like some company to build with so I am in for anything as long as I don't have to go fight every day...
Set some theme or something just don't dwell on it :p I like to play minecraft again with some guys I kinda know...

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« #6 : September 16, 2016, 11:13:38 PM »
Basically I like the idea of having a plot of land that I don't need to fence off or constantly tell people I'm building on. I always end up coming back from a few days away to a dirt/cobble hut in the middle of my area.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

ApronChef

• Magick Panda
  • RP
  • : 2440
  • Everything is a statistic.
« #7 : September 17, 2016, 01:19:42 AM »
I would prefer a very small world limit and no outside building, as if someone can build even slightly away from us, they'll never come back and its repeat all over again.

BaskB

« #8 : September 17, 2016, 10:23:27 AM »
Well the limit is easy 1500,1500 sounds a nice start point.

Plot wise the only real way is plugins or I enter the world admin style and build 50x50 plots with roads in a grid format or similar
Regiment 5 - Legion

« #9 : September 17, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »
Well the limit is easy 1500,1500 sounds a nice start point.

Plot wise the only real way is plugins or I enter the world admin style and build 50x50 plots with roads in a grid format or similar

fine by me

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, but don't become friends because then you'll have a tough time whether to keep them close or closer."

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« #10 : September 17, 2016, 11:24:13 AM »
Sounds great to me.

Did a quick sketch of a layout I thought might work.

I think this layout gives everyone easy access to the center and the outside as well as keeping everyone close together, the sizes of the plots as well as the center would need to be figured out. Walls/Roads and other things required by the community as a whole could be figured out among everyone.

Also, if you need help setting up plots I'm happy to help.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President

Diakun

• Hikikomori
  • Global Moderator
  • : 13864
« #11 : September 17, 2016, 12:09:11 PM »
id prefer an organic city where its a wild free build, never liked planned grid cities

Nymeus - 5:56 PM
I've got a picture of diakun and his dick
he can easily make people ashamed of how small they are, cause his is big
need to know anything else?

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • : 1595
  • I'm not a racist.
« #12 : September 17, 2016, 01:53:32 PM »
Why not an expanding world border? It's been done before where the world border extends by 10 blocks or so, in each direction, each day...

Start with something small like 250 x 250 and gradually let it grow perhaps?
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

« #13 : September 17, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »
Hey guys lets keep it up limited borders with one central grid/destination and beyond that you may build rond streets for all I care :p
I do like the idea of a non build area for mining and resources. that way you better work together on railways or portals or whatever together to get some real building done fast :)

oh and lets just get started already! The more time you guys get the crazier the ideas :p

BaskB

« #14 : September 17, 2016, 03:18:22 PM »
Ok, server will restart at 19:30-20:00 this evening UK time. Depending when I can get in

Will be a random seed and 1500,1500 large play area. I highly suggest a small hut or cobble castle to start with and we should start plot placement only tonight really. Given the size of the world this should stop people just running off all over and doing there own thing.

oh and before it starts in the centre ALL get one plot each to start with and build must be finished in order to move on
Regiment 5 - Legion

« #15 : September 17, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
I will try to come on briefly tonight but you can count on me tomorrow during day hours :)

Artela

• Woldean Court
  • : 1603
« #16 : September 25, 2016, 06:06:36 PM »
I await the "ok, we're bored now" from all the people who regularly quit playing and then come back and bitch 9 months later :P
Baroness of Devonshire, VC MBE CGC DSO KCVS | History in Artela's Wiki

BaskB

« #17 : September 25, 2016, 07:52:06 PM »
I await the "ok, we're bored now" from all the people who regularly quit playing and then come back and bitch 9 months later :P

While this may happen as it has numerous times now. I'd also like to point out that although the world was inevitably corrupted I still have all the server logs from the old server.... please note that it was at least 3 months since ANYONE had logged into the server so clearly all were actually bored of it not just a few.

Please lets not start turning this into a mudslinging event
Regiment 5 - Legion

Artela

• Woldean Court
  • : 1603
« #18 : September 29, 2016, 11:06:32 PM »
Well, possibly because the last few times any of us trie it was down :(
Baroness of Devonshire, VC MBE CGC DSO KCVS | History in Artela's Wiki

: :
:
/