eRepublik UK

Author Topic: I've been robbed ;_;  (Read 2544 times)

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
I've been robbed ;_;
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:02:24 pm »
Hate to have to actually make a griefing post but someone has robbed my glass place dry.

Most of the glass is gone, all the melon, all the netherwart, all potions and most of the chests emptied entirely.

:(

~Esse Quam Videri~

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
Re: I've been robbed ;_;
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »
Errm Okay, Garth and I managed to find my stuff in a chest in Desh's house.

However the house also has a troll sign put above it and a new house behind it that links underground.

I wouldn't expect that Desh guy to have done it but apparently there was some unknown on last night who built the house behind so I'm gonna put it down to them. If anyone sees Desh could they talk to him about it so I can take my stuff back as I don't want to take anything that isn't mine because they might be mixed up.

But my stuff is definitely in there, Almost the exact same number of glass bottles, gold blocks, glass, dyes and potion materials. So I'm certain that's where my stuff has gone.

~Esse Quam Videri~

CottonPicken

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »
Gosh! How odd indeed. I think Union security will have to be heightened after such an event. What do you say Keers?

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »
I already suggested we hire out protection details :p most of our stuff is hidden anyway but we may need to take extra precautions
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 04:14:57 pm »
Errm Okay, Garth and I managed to find my stuff in a chest in Desh's house.

However the house also has a troll sign put above it and a new house behind it that links underground.

I wouldn't expect that Desh guy to have done it but apparently there was some unknown on last night who built the house behind so I'm gonna put it down to them. If anyone sees Desh could they talk to him about it so I can take my stuff back as I don't want to take anything that isn't mine because they might be mixed up.

But my stuff is definitely in there, Almost the exact same number of glass bottles, gold blocks, glass, dyes and potion materials. So I'm certain that's where my stuff has gone.

I know Desh very well and I know he would never do such a thing. Anybody that has met and spoken with him will agree, this must be a simple troll.
Zaphod: "LongShotzZ is slightly better than mediocre."
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

BaskB

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 04:15:41 pm »
The unknown was a friend of Desh he said last night. If anyone sees Desh ask him to pop on here or catch me in an evening
Regiment 5 - Legion

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:20:39 pm »
The unknown was a friend of Desh he said last night. If anyone sees Desh ask him to pop on here or catch me in an evening

Kafkiano by any chance?
Sir Rex: "You know you're in deep shit when you have to ask LongShotzZ to bail you out!"
Mwcerberus: "If I had to pick between fighting 50 duck-sized LongShotzZ's or 1 horse-sized LongShotzZ I think I'd have to get my gun and kill all 51."

Sir Humphrey Appleby

• Permanent Speaker
  • Party - UKRP
  • Sodomy non sapiens
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 04:25:29 pm »
I don't like doing this sort of thing, but we may need to have people ask before they can join the server >_>
<Guitah> not arguing with a Brit about tea is tha sensible thing to do :)
<Appleby> it is common knowledge it is pointless arguing with an addict :p
<Appleby> thus it is pointless arguing about tea with brits

CottonPicken

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 04:39:00 pm »
I don't like doing this sort of thing, but we may need to have people ask before they can join the server >_>

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Joffrey Baratheon

• PCP Diehard
  • RP
  • Furtim Vigilans
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »

P. Much this.

Agreed with Lz though, Desh is a decent guy. But he shouldn't be giving out the details of the server to people if this guy is his friend.

And Lz his name was Kikkil or something like that according to Rodney and Garth.

~Esse Quam Videri~

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 04:49:45 pm »
Kiriiiil or something with lots of i in it. I think the server should be whitelisted definitely. I also think it should be for people in the community. Fair enough if you're the child of a member or something, cos someone can give you a clip round the lughole.
"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~ Mt 11:28

Talon Karrde

• Party - TUP
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 04:53:09 pm »
A fist up the bracket.

Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui; officium perfeci

Alice

• Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Boblo Island
  • Rabbit hole explorer
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 06:13:17 pm »
Burn the witch
Everything you say is boring and incomprehensible, but that alone doesn't make it true.
Quote from: Professor Bob Boblo
He had spent his whole life despised and hated for the mere triviality of wearing dresses and make-up despite possessing a (rather magnificent) penis, and this persecution had fostered within him both a desperate yearning to be loved and appreciated, and an iconoclastic desire to subvert and destroy the odious traditions on which society was built.

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »
Guys, I have spoken to Kaf and he believed that the eUK server was my PvP/Raiding server. I informed him that it is not that server and that it's uncool to go around taking peoples stuff.

CottonPicken

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 09:17:54 pm »
Sounds like bullshit to me. Yeah sure he could accidently click euk instead but to go on and see it looks nothing like your pvp one must have got him thinking. I say ban him.

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 09:20:38 pm »
Sounds like bullshit to me. Yeah sure he could accidently click euk instead but to go on and see it looks nothing like your pvp one must have got him thinking. I say ban him.

He never went on my PvP/raiding server so how was he to know.

Iain Keers

• Party - TUP
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 10:06:13 pm »
No way, we were all on their talking. I say ban him. I do think a whitelist is necessary as well.

LongShotzZ

• Lord Of Everything
  • Party - UKRP
  • I'm not a racist.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 10:12:30 pm »
Hold a vote at least, if you're gonna ban him do it democratically.

Gregory Gallangher

• The Lord Ellpus
  • Woldean Court
  • Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber.
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 10:41:58 pm »
I am all for whitelisting, it should make the server so much more secure.
~'Rules are for children. This is war, and in war the only crime is to lose.'~

BaskB

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 09:56:37 am »
Ok the guy (can't be bothered writing the name) has been warned by Desh. Next occasion results in a ban, simple as.

As for the Whitelist:-

Really we need to look at the history, going back through the Archives, the eUK had a server (Smack's) that died a death and you all went off and did your own thing, 2 servers I see records of, the renowned "Secret Server" & the "UKRP" server. At the time both were invite only and so you had closed shops ie people like even me at the time WERENT allowed to play as I didn't even know the servers existed.

Then one day Mr Appleby led the way to opening the UKRP server to all and the eUK server was reborn (Mantle as admin) allowing everyone to play again, one of the basis rules behind this was that the server was to be open to the eUK whole community (more to get regular donaters, but still...).

Ok history lesson over, and of course the server is hosted for free so we don't have donation worries but a Whitelist on the server starts to make things a closed shop as people start to get "selective" as to whom can play and whom can't, this then in turn causes people to follow and join thier "mates/family etc" on another server and our own userbase drops....

If you want a whitelist then we can setup a thread to vote on it, personally I'm against it but I'm just one vote and I'll go with the majority like I always do.

*** EDIT *** Forgot to add, the server is backed up every 30 minutes, and archived totally each day. I have these backups right back to day 1 and usually keep a months worth saved, so in event of ANY griefing we can always roll back just the short time thats affected.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:01:24 am by BaskB »
Regiment 5 - Legion

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: