Author Topic: FA Cup 3rd Round  (Read 1601 times)

Big Boy Bulley

FA Cup 3rd Round
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:22:24 pm »
So anyone going to any of the matches this weeked?

Im doing 12 hours on a coach to London and back to watch the mighty Pilgrims take on Arsenal.

Anyone else going to any ties.
* Merchant Traders Manager
* eFIFA UK President
* Scottish Congressman
* Bulley's Bookies

Bestie101

Re: FA Cup 3rd Round
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 06:28:40 pm »
I would've but my dear Leeds got knocked out by *sighs* Histon  :(

rastari

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 12:47:08 am »
ouch
2 boblo's for epic awesomeness 2008 and 2009

Quote from: "malta1990"
Well, I'll call it a victory to Jerry. Well Done! Gap is too large now.

Dodgy Dude

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:01 am »
Im leaving in about an hour to go to the Moss Rose to see Macclesfield vs Everton.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

He's had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Will Salmon

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:08:53 pm »
Quote from: "Dodgy Dude"
Im leaving in about an hour to go to the Moss Rose to see Macclesfield vs Everton.

When you read this when you get back, post the score! COME ON YOU TOFFEES!
Royal Navy CO
NI NHS Director
NI Senator for the Armed Services
(ex) MoMaS
(ex) British HC to Australia
Resident Ancient Historian
Claim to fame: Quoted by Bob and Rastari in their sigs
"Can You Hear What I'm Saying?" Avid fan

Mark Robinson

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 06:35:52 pm »
I couldn't be bothered to travel to Hull to watch us magpies get a bore draw, but we get a replay and i'll be at SJP for it :)

great result for Southend today (i have family there, so i kinda follow them too) 1-1 at Stamford Bridge  :lol:

malta_1990

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 09:09:54 pm »
Lol @ Man city losing 3-0
<FinalDestiny> we should strip Shadow
<FinalDestiny> wait, that came out wrong
<malta_1990> ewww
<WelshLad> you don't say

Fearless Dingo

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:20:35 am »
Couldn't get a ticket to watch Hull and I'm not travelling a hundred miles on the off chance. In retrospect this was probably a good thing what with a goalless draw and all. I'll catch 'em next round :D
[size=85]"Humanity will never go to the stars. And if we do, it won't be for knowledge, and it won't be in peace, and humanity will be lying and backstabbing and enslaving and torturing each other every inch of the way." - Terrifel, SDMB[/size]

Big Boy Bulley

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 05:29:24 pm »
well we lost 3-1, but we played out of our skins, and can hold our heads high.

As soon as you put pressure on them Arsenal turn to ratshit.

Plus we had 9,000 people going mental, and the gooner fans didnt know what hit em.
* Merchant Traders Manager
* eFIFA UK President
* Scottish Congressman
* Bulley's Bookies

Dodgy Dude

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 08:11:57 pm »
Will Salmon Wrote:
When you get back can you post the score?

Errm, im a bit late but it was 1-0 to everton in case you didn't know (which is highly unlikely), we played brilliantly though and should definetlet have had a penalty, the referee admitted so after the game, so ha!

He's had it in for me ever since I accidentally ran over his dog. Actually, replace "accidentally" with "repeatedly," and replace "dog" with "son."

Dodgy Dude

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 08:13:28 pm »
And i was on t.v four times!

I looked a right idiot though because my hat had managed to turn itself half way round and the top had gone up, so i looked like one of those old men with the hats placed on top of their head, not actually wearing it.

Will Salmon

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 10:28:08 pm »
Will Salmon Wrote:

Errm, im a bit late but it was 1-0 to everton in case you didn't know (which is highly unlikely), we played brilliantly though and should definetlet have had a penalty, the referee admitted so after the game, so ha!

My Dad saw it on the TV and said Everton dominated the game, and we should have won by a lot more >_>
Royal Navy CO
NI NHS Director
(ex) MoMaS

SKQ62

• Party - TUP
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 10:40:42 pm »
Quote from: "Will Salmon"
Will Salmon Wrote:

My Dad saw it on the TV and said Everton dominated the game, and we should have won by a lot more >_>

Aw Everton the dream killers. I'm a United fan and I still remember watching the 1995 cup final and being distraught.

Dodgy Dude

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 04:13:14 pm »
But, as you said, your dads an everton fan, so with all due respect,he would say that, this is my honest report, as un-biased as i can possibly be:

0-10 minutes in: We have hope as macc do pretty well having a good 60% of possession.

11-20 minutes: We are optimistic as Nat Brown has somehow managed to miss 2, 7 yard headers and one from further out. Gareth Evans is performin brilliantly, out pacing Mikel Arteta and whoever your right back was to the majority of loose balls, and using skill to get inside the box, many openings created this way.

20-30: Everton start to take control (probably because they underestimated us and weren't ready for us), but neither side really creates any real chances, macc have 1 shot on target which is easily saved by Howard. Everton have 2 or 3 on target but only on forces our Goalkeeper to dive forthe ball.

30-40 minutes: Much the same as above, nothing special, neither team have any advantage over the other.

40-46 minutes: Everton score a goal against the run of play (as you can quote from the guy commentating on the itv highlights), it's a good one, a half volley from leon osman just inside the box. We seem resigned to our fate.

45-55 minutes: Everton dominate, we expect more goals.

55-60 minutes: We seem to have pulled level, neither team creating any chances to my memory.

60-70 minutes: We genuinely feel we cold nick a goal as we have 3 chances.

70-80 minutes: Hope fading, everton gaining control.

80-90 minutes: We make a final push as we dominate and have nearly all the possession.

90-93 minutes: Nothing special from Macc, who do create chances, but none really challebnging the keeper, until a strike about 30 seconds from time from Simon Yeo who forces Howard to make a superb save. Another header from the resulting corner but it flies over. Fans start to leave the ground.

94 minutes: Final Whistle.

Will Salmon

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 05:34:33 pm »
Ofc you were actually there so you would know, my dad only saw it on TV. All in all, was it a good game?
Royal Navy CO
NI NHS Director
(ex) MoMaS

Dodgy Dude

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 06:41:36 pm »
It was good yeah, just a dissapointing result.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: