Tottenham
2 (8%)
Liverpool
4 (16%)
Other
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: August 13, 2010, 04:53:23 pm

Author Topic: Prem 2010-11 Winner  (Read 2236 times)

lap12345

Re: Prem 2010-11 Winner
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 06:29:50 pm »
Milner will be gone and i dunno if Ireland will go to Villa. I've also heard that teams have put in bids for Young.
UKRP <3

concon562

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 10:37:02 am »
Chelsea are an ageing squad.
Man City are not a team.
Arsenal don't have a striker or defender.
Spurs have too much to do.
Villa have lost too many people.
Liverpool are just Liverpool.

So my picks would be Everton or Man Utd.
This signature is blank..

Do not write on this signature..

Sir Botham

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 10:41:10 am »
Hell, I'm gonna go for Arsenal. I need to believe!

[size=150]☭[/size][/color]

Hassan Pesearn

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 12:04:43 pm »
Quote from: "jazzaa"
You all underestimate Aston Villa. They just won 3-0 against West Ham!

I have highlighted the important bit of this sentence

<malta_1990>   Hassan, you know we live through you vicariously

KaisKais

• Archivists
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 12:32:11 pm »
Quote from: "concon562"

Not that much. Other than Lampard, Drogba, Benayoun, Anelka, Ferreira, Hilario, the entire squad is under 30. Man Utd have quite a few older players as well, though they do have youth in depth. As a Chelsea fan I think what we need is a younger striker (preferably Torres) as Sturridge isn't ready yet. Ancelotti says he wants to give some of the team that won the FA Youth Cup a chance, and I'd like to see what Josh McEachran can do.

Man City are not a team.

You say that because of who they've bought and saying they won't have time to gel as a side. But people said the same when Mourinho arrived at Chelsea and bought loads.

Van Persie? As for defender, agreed.

I can't see Everton challenging. They don't really have a goalscorer and I doubt it's going to be Beckford.
Quote from: "JvB"
Quote from: "Goku Jones"
If a group of people have been oppressed for 100's of years, I think we can let them take ownership of the racist terms used against them.
I hereby grant ownership of the term 'massive silly cabbage' to Goku Jones.

concon562

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 02:15:56 pm »
Quote from: "KaisKais"
Quote from: "concon562"

Not that much. Other than Lampard, Drogba, Benayoun, Anelka, Ferreira, Hilario, the entire squad is under 30. Man Utd have quite a few older players as well, though they do have youth in depth. As a Chelsea fan I think what we need is a younger striker (preferably Torres) as Sturridge isn't ready yet. Ancelotti says he wants to give some of the team that won the FA Youth Cup a chance, and I'd like to see what Josh McEachran can do.

Man City are not a team.

You say that because of who they've bought and saying they won't have time to gel as a side. But people said the same when Mourinho arrived at Chelsea and bought loads.

Van Persie? As for defender, agreed.

I can't see Everton challenging. They don't really have a goalscorer and I doubt it's going to be Beckford.

Agreed on Josh McEachran, seen him play a bit and he looks pretty good, with Man City comparing them to the Chelsea team is absurd, Mourinho bought well, he bought unknown and under the radar players, and being a genius, (whereas Mancini is not) he made them gel.

Van Persie, can't do it all on his own. Still don't know if he's actually back from Injury properly anyway.

Same with Everton, I just seem to like them, for example if the Season started in January last year, they would have been third, three points of the lead.
This signature is blank..

Do not write on this signature..

Sir Botham

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 07:16:31 pm »
I honestly don't think that any team is a clear favourite. At the risk of sounding like most the Premiership managers I think this will be the most open and wide open race for the title.

Arsenal irritated me again today. The same old story. We dominate the match and almost end up with no points. We don't know how to put teams to the sword. This is where Chelsea and Man Utd excel.

We also only have 2 centre backs available in the club at the moment. Vermaelen and Djourou. This is obviously a massive problem and I don't see anyone arriving soon.

Man City will be a force (soon) but, it will take some time after yesterdays performance. They have too many new faces and they will need time to gel. They also have a few more new faces arriving soon too.

Hassan Pesearn

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 07:21:47 pm »
Koscielny looks a good centre back, so if him and Vermaelen stay fit then the Arsenal back line is actually pretty solid. That being said, I agree that they need cover.

Sir Botham

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 07:27:12 pm »
Quote from: "Hassan Pesearn"
Koscielny looks a good centre back, so if him and Vermaelen stay fit then the Arsenal back line is actually pretty solid. That being said, I agree that they need cover.

Agreed. In Koscielny and Vermaelen we have 2 good footballing centre backs but, no Koscielny is suspended. I would love Mertesacker to come in. We need a defender of his stature cos we are absolutely pathetic at defending set pieces.

Oh, and a keeper would be nice - GIVEN please come on over.

Hassan Pesearn

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 08:48:12 pm »
Quote from: "Sir Botham"
Quote from: "Hassan Pesearn"

Agreed. In Koscielny and Vermaelen we have 2 good footballing centre backs but, no Koscielny is suspended. I would love Mertesacker to come in. We need a defender of his stature cos we are absolutely pathetic at defending set pieces.

Oh, and a keeper would be nice - GIVEN please come on over.
Looks like you'll have to settle for Schwarzer!

Also - Arsenal seemed to really lack that cutting edge with both Fabregas and RVP missing for almost all the game against Liverpool. Chamakh made almost no impact on the game at all, which was a bit disappointing.

KaisKais

• Archivists
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 09:02:37 pm »
I've heard Justo Villar mentioned, what about him for Arsenal?
Quote from: "JvB"
Quote from: "Goku Jones"
If a group of people have been oppressed for 100's of years, I think we can let them take ownership of the racist terms used against them.
I hereby grant ownership of the term 'massive silly cabbage' to Goku Jones.

Sir Botham

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 09:13:33 pm »
Quote from: "KaisKais"
I've heard Justo Villar mentioned, what about him for Arsenal?

I haven't heard him being mentioned at all.

Just after the World Cup we were talking about Hart. I would love him to come to Arsenal and we play in all the major competitions so, he would get enough experience to benefit himself and England. But, Man City were not interested in talking and after yesterday I dont' blame them.

My next choice would be Given. He has been one of the best Premiership keepers for some time. If we can't get him either then I would take Schwartzer. Look, anybody other than the 2 idiots we have currently.

This is the only position that Wenger has struggled with.

Oh, yes, I have also heard rumours about the Italian keeper. I'm not the biggest fan of Italian keepers tho. They prefer punching to catching.

Whoever it is, it needs to happen soon cos every time Liverpool put the ball into the box I was nervous.

Dave W

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 01:09:01 pm »
As i am a Spurs fan i will go for Man Utd unless Harry Houdini manages to pull the rabbit out of the hat and we somehow manage to sign some world class players....even then we will not win the league.
1st Man Utd
2nd Chelsea
3rd the other north lodon club :evil:
4th Spurs
5th Liverpool
6th Man City

I live in hope rather than expectation for this to happen

Skillz88

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 03:28:31 pm »
Quote from: "lap12345"
Milner will be gone and i dunno if Ireland will go to Villa. I've also heard that teams have put in bids for Young.

Read all about it! MILNER TRANSFER
[size=120]The difference between people is not how they behave but how they are treated.

Preparation for the new me is complete, time to
troll out.

(\\_/)
    (>.<)
(")_(") | MID
[/size]

Sir Botham

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 08:17:17 pm »
The threat seems to have worked. Villa were up for cup tying Milner. Bolatelli is also there. Who's next?

Sir Botham

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 09:22:02 am »
Plus the transfer has worked quite nicely for Villa. They have lost a very good player but, they have received a very underrated player too.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: