Author Topic: Fabrice Muamba  (Read 2095 times)

Inwegen

Re: Fabrice Muamba
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »
Quote from: "Sambo112"
Gary Cahill, Ryan Bertrand and Daniel Sturrigde all wore 'Pray 4 Muamba' shirts today during the Chelsea vs Leicster match. Cahill levealed his during the celebration of his goal which he decicated to former teammate Muamba.

also... this sickens me...
Fabrice Muamba: 'Offensive' Twitter comments prompt police inquiry.
South Wales Police say a man, aged 21, has been arrested in connection with racially offensive comments made on the social network site Twitter.
The shirts were a nice touch. Too often do we see stupidity on the undershirts (Balotelli). As much as I hate writing on the undershirts, that was pure class.

I watched twitter quite a bit during the couple hours after when not much news was coming out. Was plenty of really shit comments going up. Some people really don't deserve to speak/type. It's internet small-man syndrome or something. I highly doubt they'd ever say that sort of stuff in real life, but when they get an internet screenname they go off the deep. Another thing that irritated me was spammers using his name to advertise the stupidest things like cable discounts, and other deals. Just some really shit people out there. :/
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUK Chief Diplomat to Terra and Eden
Former eUS everything

Sambo112

• Aedile
  • Party - UKRP
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 05:44:57 pm »
Muamba is showing signs of improvement, he's moving his arms and legs and his heart is working at its own.

I wonder whether he'll be able to get back on a footy pitch??
Sambo223 k?

Sven_Goran

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »
tbh, he'll be lucky if he's not brain-damaged given his heart was not working for 2 hours.  I hope they got him enough oxygen in that time.

He certainly won't be playing football again imo.

As a Man City fan, it was a horrible flashback to Marc Vivian Foe who collapsed away on duty at the African Cup of Nations and never got up.  I was at the glastonbury festival when then happened and couldn't fathom why i could see so many Man City shirts about that morning until someone told me.

As a football fan, i can't understand why (and i'm presuming here) these inherent underlying heart conditions are so easily missed.  They have medicals right?  And annual follow up ones?  

With Marc Vivian Foe, his heart was apparently 2.5 times the size it should have been when he keeled over.  How could they miss that?

Anyways, thoughts are with him and his family - hope he pulls through.
Their's not to reason why,
Their's but to do and die

Sven Goran Duran-Duran  DSO
NHS Supplier
3 x MoLA, 2 x vMoLA, 2 x MoHA, 13 x Congressman, former C-in-C NAVAL forces

Big Ant

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 07:16:33 pm »
Quote from: "Sven_Goran"
tbh, he'll be lucky if he's not brain-damaged given his heart was not working for 2 hours.  I hope they got him enough oxygen in that time.

He certainly won't be playing football again imo.

As a Man City fan, it was a horrible flashback to Marc Vivian Foe who collapsed away on duty at the African Cup of Nations and never got up.  I was at the glastonbury festival when then happened and couldn't fathom why i could see so many Man City shirts about that morning until someone told me.

As a football fan, i can't understand why (and i'm presuming here) these inherent underlying heart conditions are so easily missed.  They have medicals right?  And annual follow up ones?  

With Marc Vivian Foe, his heart was apparently 2.5 times the size it should have been when he keeled over.  How could they miss that?

Anyways, thoughts are with him and his family - hope he pulls through.

UK don't check players, only the standard fitness test. In Italy this is different, they have to obtain a special health card (every year) to be able to play. It is something UK should bring in to help protect players from future health problems.

The fact he is responding already is a positive sign that he hasn't suffered brain damage - Hopefully he can make a fully recovery
Past Exp- 44th UK Prime Minister - 3x vCP - 1x MoD - 1x MoHA - 1x MoF Apprentice - 2xRecruitment Officer ESO - 1xMoHA Apprentice - 1xGovernment Advisor - eUK Supplier

Inwegen

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 08:31:38 pm »
Yea, heart beating without medication, breathing on his own, speaking with and recognising visitors, and the movement of limbs. All good to hear.
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUS everything

Dan Moir

• Party - TUP
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »
His recovery so far is pretty remarkable considering.  Hope he makes a full recovery.  Latest signs are encouraging.

I'm amazed at the progress he's made after not breathing for 2 hours.  I'm no medical expert but I expect they'd normally give up way before then.

As for him playing football again.....one step at a time eh?!  Unless the condition/defect that caused it is repairable, I'd hope he doesn't try to play again.

Inwegen

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 02:15:12 am »
Agreed. Pretty damn remarkable. Yes, 2 hours with no self-sufficiency is a very long time in medicine. Oxygen can obviously be pumped in.... But to what degree of effectiveness is to be seen.

Regarding football there are a number of roadblocks. Obviously doctors/physios will have a massive concern. Obviously making sure the heart can handle the stress of the game would be step number one. I have a feeling after an attack that massive the heart will not be cleared which is very unfortunate. If he does get the medical clearance there is a choice to put yourself at risk again. Also a choice for clubs to bring someone in with that risk. I would highly expect that something like this would void his current contract or invoke a clause that if it happens again he's not going to get his full wages. It's sad, but that's how contracts work these days.

All that being said, I'd love to see him play again, but I also don't want to see the personal risk put to test. A damn shame to see a career put to the test like this.
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUS everything

Inwegen

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 08:32:19 pm »
It's come out that after Thierry Henry played against Salt Lake (Utah) in MLS on Saturday, he flew to see Muamba. He travelled over 5000 miles to do so. That is a class act.
Baron Harkonnen
House Tyrell
Former eUK MoFa
Former eUS everything

Lionbeard

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 10:11:09 pm »
According to the Doctors, apparently he was basically dead for 78 minutes. He had something like 15 defibrillator shocks. :?

Quite amazing if it's true.
"Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force!" Barbie

Big Ant

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »
Quote from: "Daniel Lionbeard"
According to the Doctors, apparently he was basically dead for 78 minutes. He had something like 15 defibrillator shocks. :?

Quite amazing if it's true.

Shows how much medic science has moved on.. he was laughing with friends today... unbelievable tbh
Past Exp- 44th UK Prime Minister - 3x vCP - 1x MoD - 1x MoHA - 1x MoF Apprentice - 2xRecruitment Officer ESO - 1xMoHA Apprentice - 1xGovernment Advisor - eUK Supplier

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: