Author Topic: Proposal to reinstitute the Honours system  (Read 7437 times)

Dnouser

• MU - Royal Navy
Re: Proposal to reinstitute the Honours system
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 04:47:41 am »
We should all just quit the game.  It just to fucking divisive

Bohemond4

• Viscount of Cambrige
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 04:58:42 am »
We should all just quit the game.  It just to flowering divisive

sigg'd for truth
Viscount of Cambridge

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
  • Pusher of buttons and puller of strings
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 05:03:49 am »

I had kinda hoped recognizing people like this again would help with stuff like that.
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Bohemond4

• Viscount of Cambrige
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 05:20:13 am »
I would change it to have the Chair collate ingame public nominations as well, that way the public will feel like they have an influence on the process, however, they must accompany it with an explanation as to why they feel this person deserves the honour, and not merely 'Bohemond4 cos hes a p boss guy'. I would also like to request that we may also nominate (any amount) and award (up to 1 a month) the FBE (Friend of the eBritish Empire) to recognise important overseas citizens who have contributed to the nations prosperity.

and that the Committee must announce to the public ingame and on the forum the results of their decision, including an explanation as to why the award was ultimately given.
Viscount of Cambridge

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 05:28:44 am »
Recognizing foreigners isn't a bad idea, and announcements would go out publicly in game (as they used to do).

As far as nominations 'in game' goes, the only real way to do that is to have people spam article comments...which is downright silly, and will turn into a spam contest, essentially. The reason party representatives were chosen, and why I've chosen to use them again in this proposal, is because that allows the vast majority of the active players in the country to be represented.

Anyone who has been putting in significant work over an extended period of time will have been noticed by the people filling the jobs I've listed. This isn't a massive country, everyone knows everyone.

Why you feel the need to bold things (protip: 'ingame' isn't a word) is beyond me.
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Bohemond4

• Viscount of Cambrige
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 05:37:37 am »
messages to the Chair?
Viscount of Cambridge

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 05:42:19 am »
messages to the Chair?

You wanted public nominations. Sorry, those aren't public.

Can't use messages, can't use forum (not in game, as you require), can't use a google form (not in game, as you require), shouts would be a bit tedious, and article comments will turn into spam in about 20 minutes.

But feel free to keep looking for something that doesn't exist. Mayhaps if the new forum in game doesn't suck, but they weren't really set up for meta game stuff back in the day, just trolling and bitching and more trolling.
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 11:02:23 am »
I nominate kdogg for all his work saving London.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 11:10:57 am »
Quote from:  Bohemond4
missed my point above that we should open nominations ingame?

You also missed my point.

I am not taliking about nominations, this whole thread is simply navel gazing by people here.

Where is the article and discussion in game for this proposal? Or are you happy patting yourselves on the back for how superior you think you are?

As I said, its just another way of moving the forums away from the people in game.

Dishmcds

• Party - UKRP
  • Look behind you
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 11:29:40 am »
Sec, let me understand this.

Each party has a representative that puts forward names each month (and then votes on their legitimacy). This allows for a wide range of people to be recognised and nominated, and all candidates have to be widely accepted as being "hard working/done a lot of shit" etc to be successful in their nomination based on committee set up anyway.

What purpose would in game messages or posting serve? The citizens not on the committee can't nominate anyway, and if you're so worried about them being able to or knowing, then make it your own mission to do so, not impose your own lazy ass systems on everyone else.

And to be perfectly clear, if you haven't done enough in game or on the forums to be recognised by at least ONE fucking representative from ONE Party, then you're not doing enough shit to be "honoured" anyway.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Butjam

• Failed Messiah
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 11:35:42 am »

I am not taliking about nominations, this whole thread is simply navel gazing by people here.

Where is the article and discussion in game for this proposal? Or are you happy patting yourselves on the back for how superior you think you are?

As I said, its just another way of moving the forums away from the people in game.
This, maybe people on the forums do want this and so it's an way way to just may gather support for it or whatever. But we're a small group here, a minority. What effort does it take to make this an article an actually find opinions outside of circlejerk central? I'm sure you'd get the same claims as I've been trying to highlight, in a closed door system with party representatives isn't the way to and isn't relevant. Power needs to reside with congress and the President
[20:04] <&butjam> .seen TheMessiah
[20:04] <&fapfire> Looking for yourself, eh butjam?

Quote from: RodneyMcKay
Can we all just play the game and have a bit of fun please.
Angry butjam is best butjam.

RodneyMcKay

• Global Moderator
  • The Legion Commander
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 11:48:31 am »
And to be perfectly clear, if you haven't done enough in game or on the forums to be recognised by at least ONE flowering representative from ONE Party, then you're not doing enough shit to be "honoured" anyway.

I quite like this bit.

Admiral Rodney McKay DSO
Commander of The Legion
ex-ESO Party President
Admiral of the fleet (Ret.

Talon Karrde

• Party - TUP
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 11:49:32 am »

I think you have to remember that for some people, ingame is the be all and end all. It isn't for me or others. Some stuff absolutely should be for people ingame, and IMO that's the government's department. Some of us enjoy the metagame more though and IMO it's fine for us to have some stuff too.

That said, if congress or whoever decides wants to take honours ingame I don't really care. Just make it workable and don't give them out for nothing, and do reward people for exceptional service and I'll be happy.

If you want to reward new players using the same system, IMO a new category is needed. MBE and above should be for months of good work, because many have done that and gained nothing.

A word on new era too. They may not want to accept any participation or any award from this, but we should offer all the same. Some people may not see eye to eye with dapper, for example, but he has built and supplies a good MU which is his strength. That may deserve some recognition.

To sum up, then, we're in danger of excluding a group of players that very much enjoy the metagame, and so there's a balance to strike. I don't care about details, just try to find some consensus and I'll support it.

Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui; officium perfeci

Sexagenarian

• Grumpy Old F@rt
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 11:58:24 am »
Quote from: Talon Karrde
Some of us enjoy the metagame more though

Then take it elsewhere. This is an eRepublik forum not:-

Quote from: Butjam
circlejerk central

Talon Karrde

• Party - TUP
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 12:07:28 pm »

circlejerk central

Yeah it's an extension of the game. I happen to like the extension and that's the point I'm making. You need to realize we're in a pluralistic society, we accept that more than one idea has merit.

Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui; officium perfeci

Thomas765

• Party - UKRP
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2013, 12:58:37 pm »
Supported.

jimbojoy

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »
yeah, cba with all this shi.t, do what you want. Frerk can remove me as usergroup leader or w/e. Off to Portsmouth for a sunny weekend, have fun circlejerking here all :)

Pfeiffer

• Earl Marshal
  • Woldean Court
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2013, 02:00:55 pm »
I chuckle at people calling it a circlejerk, when it's actually much better than the system jimbo tried to set up, and actually includes people that are chosen by the Party Presidents...not Congress or the President.

Either way, if you don't like us discussing rewarding people for work in eRep here on the eRep forum for the UK...why are you here? Specifically Sexagenarian, but also butjam (who appears to be trying to ride the populist wave atm, inb4failedCPrun).
-Pfeiffer
former stuff
Tío de Los Hermanos

Carlini8

• MU - Command - The Legion
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2013, 02:11:52 pm »

circlejerk central

Do you like Sports? Do you ever talk about said sport outside sport? Do you watch a game and then go and discuss it with a friend?

Same thing, if people want to play eRep and attempt to actually make it fun outside the game, let them.

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2013, 02:39:30 pm »
I nominate Shadow for an upgrade to OBE

He was part of the first proper UK government, a founding member of the forums, and did some sterling and under-appreciated work in charge of the UK MI5 for many many months. He is also a popular member of the community.
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: