Author Topic: Best type of comapny for East England  (Read 588 times)

70mD

  • Posts: 969
Best type of comapny for East England
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:22:03 pm »
I've just re-located to East of England and i'm looking to start a new company, can you guys advise me what type would be best?

regards,
70mD
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
1xCongressman for NW[/size]
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

Barlow

  • Posts: 2914
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:24:19 pm »
I'd suggest starting a knitting/wool company. The landscape is good for keeping sheep and the land allows you to breed them openly and healthy. Also if you go further to the coast, the off shore winds are quite chilly so that's the perfect place to sell jumpers and gloves, etc...

With the farmers around, you can also purchase some rare breeds and sell off their children. Why not buy some cows while you're at it.
Ideas for a new signature children?

Dishmcds

  • Party - UKRP
  • Posts: 11228
  • Look behind you
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:14:11 pm »
Quit being an arse :D

I'd suggest a car manufacturer. One thing I have yet to buy in Erepublik is a Ferrari to park in the driveway of my Q5 home.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Kumnaa

  • Kumnaa
  • Posts: 1516
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:17:34 pm »
I was speaking to one of the devs earlier today and he assured me my idea of spaceships with lasers would be implemented so I would hold out for those.
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> We had some fun with eightball yesterday
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> According to it, I have a bigger penis than Dish

Dishmcds

  • Party - UKRP
  • Posts: 11228
  • Look behind you
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 10:20:40 pm »
If you're looking to start a company, I'd suggest wood, but make sure that you're in a region with at least Medium wood, and have at least the 20 G startup and 100 GBP to start so you can afford salaries.

Just so you have a proper answer ;)
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

Deilos

  • Posts: 1577
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:49 pm »
I'm a communist, so I don't want a Ferrari. Instead, I'd suggest a giant gold statue of Stan, in commemoration of his impending eDoom.

But seriously, you should probably wait a bit before starting a company. Firstly, it's best to get an Org first for 2 Gold, so that you can work in your own company. You'll also want more than just the 20 Gold to start it; how much extra depends on the industry, but if it's food, for example, you'll need maybe 100 GBP at first, if it's houses you'll need a few hundred.

Anyway, if you want to start it immediately, the best industry right now is probably gifts, from a ten-second look at the current markets.

Dish says wood, I say that if you can't be arsed with buying RM go for wood but otherwise stay away from RM ATM because wages are ridiculously high.
"In three words I can sum up everything I know about life. It goes on." - Robert Frost

Kumnaa

  • Kumnaa
  • Posts: 1516
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 10:28:05 pm »
Quote from: "Deilos"
Anyway, if you want to start it immediately, the best industry right now is probably gifts, from a ten-second look at the current markets.

I never thought I would see that being said  :shock:
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> We had some fun with eightball yesterday
17:49 <%A_Wellesley> According to it, I have a bigger penis than Dish

70mD

  • Posts: 969
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 05:43:54 pm »
Quote from: "Dishmcds"
If you're looking to start a company, I'd suggest wood, but make sure that you're in a region with at least Medium wood, and have at least the 20 G startup and 100 GBP to start so you can afford salaries.

Just so you have a proper answer ;)

How do i find out if im in a medium wood region?

*Checks eRep*

Ok i give up, where do i find it?
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
1xCongressman for NW[/size]
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

70mD

  • Posts: 969
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 05:45:19 pm »
Quote from: "Deilos"
I'm a communist, so I don't want a Ferrari. Instead, I'd suggest a giant gold statue of Stan, in commemoration of his impending eDoom.

But seriously, you should probably wait a bit before starting a company. Firstly, it's best to get an Org first for 2 Gold, so that you can work in your own company. You'll also want more than just the 20 Gold to start it; how much extra depends on the industry, but if it's food, for example, you'll need maybe 100 GBP at first, if it's houses you'll need a few hundred.

Anyway, if you want to start it immediately, the best industry right now is probably gifts, from a ten-second look at the current markets.

Dish says wood, I say that if you can't be arsed with buying RM go for wood but otherwise stay away from RM ATM because wages are ridiculously high.

RM?
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
1xCongressman for NW[/size]
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

Barlow

  • Posts: 2914
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 07:09:03 pm »
Raw Materials such as wood, grain, ect...
Ideas for a new signature children?

Dishmcds

  • Party - UKRP
  • Posts: 11228
  • Look behind you
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 07:36:22 pm »
Look at the factsheet at the top that I posted last night. It has the Raw Materials resources for each region of the eUK, minus Brussels.
[size=150]Former 7 time Erepublikan President[/size]

Hermanos

70mD

  • Posts: 969
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 10:10:54 am »
Quote from: "Dishmcds"
Look at the factsheet at the top that I posted last night. It has the Raw Materials resources for each region of the eUK, minus Brussels.

...

I feel i may be being thick here...
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
1xCongressman for NW[/size]
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

SparkieGeek

  • Posts: 565
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 10:15:39 am »
Quote from: "70mD"
Quote from: "Dishmcds"
Look at the factsheet at the top that I posted last night. It has the Raw Materials resources for each region of the eUK, minus Brussels.

...

I feel i may be being thick here...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2724
SparkieGeek - Commodore, Southern Fleet, BCORE Graduate A*, ex-Para, ex-MoTA

Quote from: "Arthur Wellesley"
WHERE ARE THE REST OF MY GUARDS
FFS. I'm the only one in here
*       A_Wellesley sobs
- feeling lonely? Join the eRoyalNavy !

70mD

  • Posts: 969
Re: Best type of comapny for East England
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 10:38:29 am »
Ah ok, cheers
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
1xCongressman for NW[/size]
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: