Author Topic: Just bought a weps company  (Read 353 times)

70mD

Just bought a weps company
« on: January 23, 2010, 06:00:58 pm »
Could do with a few tips and pointers - just bought it and at the moment it has noo profitability at all, the cost of salaries and RM exceed the amount of value the workers generate...
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
1xCongressman for NW[/size]
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

john12306

Re: Just bought a weps company
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:05:20 pm »
If its q1 advised putting 10 offers for skill lvl 0 onto job market, then also like 3-4 for skills 1,2,3
you should get about 15 workers that way, then as some of them become inactive/very low wellness fire them.
Try VERY hard to maintain 10 workers in the company at all times, make sure you have enough RM in the company and wage money at all times..
Im hoping you understand about RM? (buying it off market, which quality too buy etc..) if not I can explain...
[size=150]Ex-Senator of Finance for NI [x3]
Ex-MoW uM [x3] [/size]
[size=150]ex- paratrooper[/size]
[size=150]Business owner [/size]

70mD

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:23:48 pm »
Hey John,

I get RM yes :)

Im not quite sure where you're going with the skill 0 guys though - they'd cost me £1 and their productivity would be something like 0.25?
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

70mD

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:27:37 pm »
I could be being stupid here but I am right in thinking that productivity = RM used?

Ie if a workers productivity is 20 then they will use up 20 iron?
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

GemAlex

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:44:12 pm »
Quote from: "70mD"
Hey John,

I get RM yes :)

Im not quite sure where you're going with the skill 0 guys though - they'd cost me £1 and their productivity would be something like 0.25?

Let's start by having a look at why zombies can be useful. Since they're inactive, they won't produce anything - but well, you won't have to pay them anything either. So basically, they just increase the number of employees.

According to the productivity formula, the number of employees make a difference. Your productivity per employee is always maximized when you have the recommended number of employees, which is 20 for construction companies, and 10 otherwise.

He reffers as zombies to death employees. Read this article for more usefull info.
http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-en ... 5215/1/all
UKRP member|Black OPS writer|South East of England resident

70mD

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:46:26 pm »
Oh ok - but in terms of getting people who are actually going to work what do I need?
[size=85]1xMoF FX Trader
2xMoHA Apprentice
1xMoW Messaging Fairy
RN - HMS Defiant
Resident of eIsrael
Malta!

john12306

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:23:34 pm »
to get people to work for you, you just need to be paying the highest salary for tht skill, or make them want to work for you (eg. PMing people, gifting them - talk to them first! , advertising, newspapers, on the forum)
[size=150]Ex-Senator of Finance for NI [x3]
Ex-MoW uM [x3] [/size]
[size=150]ex- paratrooper[/size]
[size=150]Business owner [/size]

Andy Mawd

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 11:40:41 pm »
Aye the first company I worked for the Owner was fantastic, he was PMing with advice for the new player, and encouraging. It was a great experiance and if I hadn't made a small mistake I'd have still been working for him right up until I decided to swop to Land. (Mistake being thought I had to quit to move from the NE to London on a Training mission from the Navy whoops)
Anyway off to drink more wine and take an enemy's head back to my people in another game

Iamo

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 09:16:30 am »
Your role as a manager isn't just surfing the market and changing wages and prices accordingly. It is of great importance to regularly send out bulletins to your employees. Make them feel that they've been noticed in the world of eRep. Tell them how business is going, how you decide wages etc. It makes the world of difference and makes them more sympathetic to you.