Author Topic: Relic - Presidential Manifesto  (Read 9294 times)

Nemo Mobilis

Re: Relic - Presidential Manifesto
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2009, 12:30:14 am »
Would you implement any state run businesses? If so, how many?

Because as it stands it sounds like you just really want to monitor prices of goods and tell the public what the acceptable price for them should be then leave it up to them. Which frankly is a bit underwhelming and I don't see why you wouldn't just try and get that in through commons without needing the presidency.
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

HazzN

« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2009, 12:32:29 am »
There was actually a Company Review Committee suggest by Roadrunnerspeed not so long back. I wonder what happened to that...

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2009, 02:49:26 am »
it died....

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2009, 05:52:59 am »
So then, is there no one to answer my question?

Sara.Droz

« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2009, 06:04:05 am »
They don't know yet maybe?
Robots call, but we don't answer to their wail
Computers hum and bright lights flash to no avail
The course has been set for us to go in light years past
Outlaws of time, visions of an ancient cast.

tim09

« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2009, 07:41:26 am »
There is currently no plan to expand on the government run companies that already exist from within the PCP.

Aurum has sold a hospital and weapons company though, but that is more for congress to discuss rather than the PCP.

The PCP has always worked to intervene PROACTIVELY in the economy rather than wait for it to break, so if they see a shortage and no-one steps up to the plate to fill it (even though people almost always do) I am sure we could be seeing some extra use of the SBA.

In the past there was the PI that had effectively break even companies running but at this stage I would say that the PCP do not plan to implement any further government run companies
Tim09
Former Uk MoFA
Former Aus PM

<hoskin>   Erep is like the uncle that pays your way through uni, but molests you hehe

tim09

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2009, 07:43:01 am »
I also think that you make the mistake of thinking that the RRP is the crux of the PCP manifesto. It is to me just a way of trying to reach our goals that you pointed out.

It is just one part of an awesome manifesto.
Tim09
Former Uk MoFA
Former Aus PM

<hoskin>   Erep is like the uncle that pays your way through uni, but molests you hehe

StanWephen

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2009, 07:43:42 am »
The PCP does aim to create some state-run businesses, the exact number we don't know yet, but they'll be run purely to stockpile necessary items and equipment, so it won't affect the market.

I do agree that these policies could have been run through congress, but so could all major policy plans that have been initiated and discussed with this election. The point of the manifesto is to say what would happen under the next Presidency, and what the future Prime Minister would push for especially. Furthermore, it's part of the democratic means known as 'mandate rule', that is, if a voter believes in a policy advocated by a Presidential candidate, they will vote for that candidate, and thus the policy is supported through democratic means.

Also, how would your plan be affected by outside markets? Is there a potential for abuse by foreign entities?

Being an inter-dependent state, the eUK will obviously be affected by markets outside of our control - our aim is to ensure that any negative effects are minimised, through careful control of our currency rate and the protection of our home companies above foreign ones. Foregin entities may attempt to abuse our system, perhaps through sheer strength of capital getting into the market, but they'll find it very hard, due to the organised nature of the eUK government, where we would boycott, severly tax and discourage workers any company that attempts to harm the eUK.
Party President of the People's Communist Party: Oct 08 - Feb 09; July 09 - August 09
Former Lord: Jan 09 - June 09
Former MP: June 08 - Dec 08
Minister of Education: Sep 08 - Dec 08

Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2009, 07:47:38 am »
So really you'll just kind of tinker with the economy in a more minimalist way. I don't know it just seems like your manifesto says that you want fair this, for fair that, and money for all, but your execution is pretty much more of the same save for a few industries that need more close monitoring.

Fearless Dingo

« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2009, 09:58:15 am »
Quote from: "Fearless Dingo"
I'm actually intrigued by your plans for an ATLANTIS War Council. It would certainly seem necessary to stave off further "misunderstandings".

I wonder if some kind soul could point me to somewhere I could find more information about how ATLANTIS currently operates so that I might make an informed decision.
I'm still looking for someone to help me with this please.
[size=85]"Humanity will never go to the stars. And if we do, it won't be for knowledge, and it won't be in peace, and humanity will be lying and backstabbing and enslaving and torturing each other every inch of the way." - Terrifel, SDMB[/size]

HazzN

« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2009, 11:53:28 am »
I was under the impression that the inner workings of ATLANTIS was classified and only people with access knew how it worked... but I could be wrong.

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2009, 05:43:29 pm »
Judging by Shadows stalwart defense of ATLANTIS lately it seems to me that yes it is classified.

Teh User

« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »
The defence of ATLANTIS is right. It's a good organisation, it just needs a bit of reform.
The eUK's Resident Pedant Over Nothing
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

Fearless Dingo

« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2009, 06:17:04 pm »
Outstanding. The first rule of ATLANTIS is: we don't talk about ATLANTIS.

In that case I have no hesitation in saying: Relic, your War Council suggestion may or may not be a terrible/mediocre/great* idea which I partially/fully/cannot* support.

*delete as applicable
[size=85]"Humanity will never go to the stars. And if we do, it won't be for knowledge, and it won't be in peace, and humanity will be lying and backstabbing and enslaving and torturing each other every inch of the way." - Terrifel, SDMB[/size]

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2009, 06:18:07 pm »
Noone can talk about Antantis. Its the only way to keep Dish's badger fetish secret
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

Ares989

« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2009, 06:56:32 pm »
Quote from: "Bob Boblo"
Noone can talk about Antantis. Its the only way to keep Dish's badger fetish secret

Bob what did we say about spamming?

Anyway, i think that atlantis stuff is classified. I dont see the point though.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein

Tamas Dzsudzsak

« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2009, 08:42:07 pm »
Quote from: "HazzN"
I was under the impression that the inner workings of ATLANTIS was classified and only people with access knew how it worked... but I could be wrong.
The inner workings of ATLANTIS are shambolic and lack vision.

HazzN

« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2009, 08:47:20 pm »
Never having had access to ATLANTIS, I wouldn't be able to make comment or pass judgement.

Tamas Dzsudzsak

« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2009, 03:06:05 am »
One only has to look at what happened in our previous wars to form an opinion, that is before we crapped out when we had Argentina with no less than seven MPPs against Indonesia.

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2009, 05:39:49 am »
Quote from: "Tamas Dzsudzsak"
One only has to look at what happened in our previous wars to form an opinion, that is before we crapped out when we had Argentina with no less than seven MPPs against Indonesia.
hehe...Indonesia :D

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: