Author Topic: Relic - Presidential Manifesto  (Read 9853 times)

Ares989

Re: Relic - Presidential Manifesto
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 09:06:41 pm »
I have a question for Relic, or whoever there is who can answer me this : in Relics manifesto he says all workers have a right to a fair wage, which is true. As well as all General Managers deserve a right to a profit. How do you intend to do both? if you give all workers a fair wage then there will be no profit within the company. if you give the GM a profit then your workers are not being paid very well. See my point?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein

IndieKid

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 09:08:27 pm »
No, because people can still make a profit and the labourers can still make money, it happens in real life
Quote from: "Jhorlin"
Quote from: "Pensive"
A wizard did it.
Hacked by Gandalf.
"You shall not [give out your] pass".
Quote from: "Maddog Jones"
the debt should go with Scotland, for Gordon Brown was Scottish.
Quote from: "Blaggard"
He is also a Cyclops, his ancestry must have been welsh.

Big Boy Bulley

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 09:10:52 pm »
Quote from: "Ares989"
I have a question for Relic, or whoever there is who can answer me this : in Relics manifesto he says all workers have a right to a fair wage, which is true. As well as all General Managers deserve a right to a profit. How do you intend to do both? if you give all workers a fair wage then there will be no profit within the company. if you give the GM a profit then your workers are not being paid very well. See my point?

I believe its called high prices.
* Merchant Traders Manager
* eFIFA UK President
* Scottish Congressman
* Bulley's Bookies

Hassan Pesearn

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 09:11:13 pm »
Quote from: "Tamas Dzsudzsak"
OK I will put it another way,

Is Relic merely nothing more than an acceptable to vote for, less Partisan figure head for your own campaign?

All the spiel and avatars says Relic yet all I see and read is someone else, a lot of it being your good self.

Ill try and answer this one:

PCP always have, and will, run a very effective campaign because we are a Party we experience, ideas and ideals. It takes more than one man to run a campaign, it takes the whole party. Relic is the BEST candidate PCP have at the moment, and he is the one who wrote the manifesto; the Party simply added our ideas and as such the manifesto was edited to everyone's approval.

We have to remember that when we're eleceted a President, we cannot expect him to be doing everything, that'd be infeasable; we're electing a President who will choose the Cabinet and the people around him as well as be the one who makes big calls and has the final word. Relic has the ability to do both these things; he is the quintessential leader

<malta_1990>   Hassan, you know we live through you vicariously

Ares989

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 09:14:13 pm »
Quote from: "Big Boy Bulley"

But then high prices means the wage you gave your workers dosnt cover the amount of money needed to buy the product.

"No, because people can still make a profit and the labourers can still make money, it happens in real life,"

How does that work? you still need the perfect balance.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein

Ip Lockard

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 09:17:05 pm »

Company groups such as APE, Aurum, WI, etc. all seem to manage it.
Profits need to be encouraged, but controlled.
Problems that we're seeing are because some companies think it's ok to markup by 200% because there's no supply.
APE and Aurum arms as an example, both supplied Q4 weapons at roughly the same price at the start of the war as at the end. (and no doubt both where making a decent amount at the time)
This is what should be encouraged.

If you think that you can't balance a good wage with a profit, I'd beg to differ.
<Anaxima>Nothing wrong with sucking and swallowing afaik.
Over a year later...
Quote from: "Anaxima"
Btw, isn't it about time you changed your sig? <_<
I guess it was.

Ares989

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 09:19:10 pm »
Quote from: "Ip Lockard"

Company groups such as APE, Aurum, WI, etc. all seem to manage it.
Profits need to be encouraged, but controlled.
Problems that we're seeing are because some companies think it's ok to markup by 200% because there's no supply.
APE and Aurum arms as an example, both supplied Q4 weapons at roughly the same price at the start of the war as at the end. (and no doubt both where making a decent amount at the time)
This is what should be encouraged.

If you think that you can't balance a good wage with a profit, I'd beg to differ.

I can never seem to figure out how. But my main question is how will Relic change these things?

Hassan Pesearn

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 09:20:07 pm »
Read the manifesto again ;)

Its all about setting guidelines and actively encouraging the use of them. Obviously we cant FORCE people, but we will explain why it will benefit them as well as the country and economy

Ares989

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 09:20:17 pm »
ok then.

Ip Lockard

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 09:24:11 pm »
I can never seem to figure out how. But my main question is how will Relic change these things?

RRP is one step down the road towards showing people what things 'should' be costing at current.
If everyone knows that something's a ripoff, they wont buy it.
This is the 'kind' way to try and prevent profiteering - by showing the consumers how to stick it to the company owners.

Incorporating this into Government schemes that buy from the open market again lets our NHS and Military (who both have a massive spending power on the market) 'reward' those who price more reasonably, whilst shunning those who are out for a quick buck.
<Anaxima>Nothing wrong with sucking and swallowing afaik.
Over a year later...
Quote from: "Anaxima"
Btw, isn't it about time you changed your sig? <_<
I guess it was.

Tamas Dzsudzsak

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 09:26:47 pm »
Quote from: "Hassan Pesaran"
OK I will put it another way,

Is Relic merely nothing more than an acceptable to vote for, less Partisan figure head for your own campaign?

All the spiel and avatars says Relic yet all I see and read is someone else, a lot of it being your good self.

Ill try and answer this one:

PCP always have, and will, run a very effective campaign because we are a Party we experience, ideas and ideals. It takes more than one man to run a campaign, it takes the whole party. Relic is the BEST candidate PCP have at the moment, and he is the one who wrote the manifesto; the Party simply added our ideas and as such the manifesto was edited to everyone's approval.

We have to remember that when we're eleceted a President, we cannot expect him to be doing everything, that'd be infeasable; we're electing a President who will choose the Cabinet and the people around him as well as be the one who makes big calls and has the final word. Relic has the ability to do both these things; he is the quintessential leader

Am I to presume thats a yes, Relic is a 'fluffy' and acceptable figure head for the less than 'fluffy' and acceptable engine room of the PCP?

rastari

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2009, 09:27:50 pm »
relic'sa hard core communist hardly fluffy
2 boblo's for epic awesomeness 2008 and 2009

Quote from: "malta1990"
Well, I'll call it a victory to Jerry. Well Done! Gap is too large now.

wazcaster

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2009, 09:41:57 pm »
Quote from: "Hassan Pesaran"
Read the manifesto again ;)

Its all about setting guidelines and actively encouraging the use of them. Obviously we cant FORCE people, but we will explain why it will benefit them as well as the country and economy
That's all well and good, but will a GM whose only goal is to make as much profit as is possible really care about the economy. I don't think so. Whilst good GMs will care about how their descisions affect the economy and consumers, not all GMs are good GMs.
I[/url] II

Deathtoll32

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2009, 09:54:10 pm »

Every worker should have the right to a fair wage.
-Every citizen should have the right to buy fairly priced goods.
-Every company manager should have the right to make a profit.

So close, yet so far.

And I found a typo in the Manifesto:
Relic will continue to encourage recruitment into the military through the MoD
He refers to himself in the 3rd person? (Hassan said he wrote the manifesto after all)
former Prime Minister x1
former UK Congressman x4,
former Minister of Finance x1
Ambassador to eGermany
PCP ★ ☭ ★ Member

Tamas Dzsudzsak

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2009, 09:56:39 pm »
Quote from: "rastari"

But he is, and with all due respect, still more user friendly than a person who fights against his own country, someone who invents government positions for himself and comes up with the idea of extra legislative bodies to try and grab some sort of power for the party, a political turncoat and a few cloak and dagger merchants.

Hassan Pesearn

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 10:03:53 pm »
Quote from: "Deathtoll32"

Every worker should have the right to a fair wage.
-Every citizen should have the right to buy fairly priced goods.
-Every company manager should have the right to make a profit.

So close, yet so far.

He refers to himself in the 3rd person? (Hassan said he wrote the manifesto after all)

When did I ever say I wrote the manifesto? O_O

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 10:04:00 pm »

But he is, and with all due respect, still more user friendly than a person who fights against his own country, someone who invents government positions for himself and comes up with the idea of extra legislative bodies to try and grab some sort of power for the party, a political turncoat and a few cloak and dagger merchants.

Wut?!
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

intrepid132

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 10:05:05 pm »
Quote from: "Deathtoll32"

All great politicians do that at one point or another. Bob Dole, for example. It's a sign of great intelligence :P
Being an Old Codger since July 2009.

rastari

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 10:09:04 pm »

an official start to the mudslinging
2 boblo's for epic awesomeness 2008 and 2009

Quote from: "malta1990"
Well, I'll call it a victory to Jerry. Well Done! Gap is too large now.

intrepid132

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 10:13:12 pm »
Don't you love mudfights?
Being an Old Codger since July 2009.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: