Author Topic: Wtf?  (Read 1096 times)

Flamur

Wtf?
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »
I'm sorry, but maybe I'm just being stupid. But could someone help explain to me the logic that runs through Mark Hughes' head?

I mean, we've got a shitload of money so I'm glad we're finally spending it. But where is the logic in buying 3 - 4 'quality' strikers? And for ridiculous prices? I mean, Bellamy (waste of money imo), Cruz (18m it seems), Tevez (30m was last report? Looks likely we'll get him, but not certain obviously) and now Eto'o for £70m...(Barca are on the verge of accepting, and with nearly £200k/Week I can't see Eto'o saying no.)

My question is where the hell he plans on playing these players? I can see some what of an amazing forward with Tevez and Eto'o up, and Robinho supporting. Ireland and Wright-Phillips on the side? Or possibly a triple entente with Cruz, Tevez and Eto'o upfront? (This is the only logical explanation I can see for him chasing all three of them with bloody high asking prices). Anyone have any ideas? Cos I'm stumped.

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
Re: Wtf?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:31:39 pm »
You can have Joe Kinnear if you like  :roll:
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

Airashii

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 05:09:58 pm »
4-3-3?

Meh, his obviously just gone mad with the ridiculas amount of money his allowed to spend.
|West Midlands|Vanguard|Royal Navy| Assistant Gifting Director|

Flamur

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:32:00 pm »
I still don't see how 4-3-3 would allow him to use the quality players we already have. With that, lets assume we succeed in buying Tevez, Cruz and Eto'o. So they're our three strikers. Now, usually we would say Robinho, Ireland and Wright Phillips would be playing mid. But now we've bought Barry...So we have to drop a quality city player, which all of us are very pleased with (as we would hate to see any one of those three midfielders gotten rid of) to make room for a player which I don't think is much better.

Airashii

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:05:14 pm »
I thought Robinho would be moving soon anyway, and I think Wright-Phillips is over rated.

concon562

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 07:07:23 pm »
Just a hint for you, you don't have a defence.
This signature is blank..

Do not write on this signature..

Flamur

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 07:44:15 pm »
Yeah, we're aware of it not being that great. We have Richards and Dunne which, whatever you say really, is still a solid defence. We have good defenders, just not great. I read somewhere that there was some defender we were trying to buy, I can't remember who. But meh, we have some decent players back there.

Airashii

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 07:51:50 pm »
Be thankful you don't support my team.  :D

concon562

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »
Dunne, imo is one of the best in the league, however Richards seems distinctly average, he doesn't seem to bring anything special to the team.
This signature is blank..

Do not write on this signature..

Flamur

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 09:43:55 pm »
Quote from: "concon562"
Dunne, imo is one of the best in the league, however Richards seems distinctly average, he doesn't seem to bring anything special to the team.

Remembering he's still pretty young and got a lot to learn. I think he can be something great. Tbh, personally, I don't think defenders reach their proper peak till around mid-career. 20 years old and already playing internationally shows at least some good potential.

Chris J Adshead

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 08:29:54 pm »
Quote from: "Flamur"

Remembering he's still pretty young and got a lot to learn. I think he can be something great. Tbh, personally, I don't think defenders reach their proper peak till around mid-career. 20 years old and already playing internationally shows at least some good potential.

+1
Gentelmen, when the enemy is committed to make a mistake, we should not interupt him too soon-Admiral Horcio Nelson

Flamur

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 03:53:50 am »
Apparently, we're interested in getting Toure and Lescott...Toure = Good, Lescott? :/

Barlow

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 04:42:08 am »
Apparently, we're interested in getting Toure and Lescott...Toure = Good, Lescott? :/

You realise what a loser you are, right?
Ideas for a new signature children?

Flamur

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 04:47:41 am »
Quote from: "mr. brodie"

Wow. Did I upset you that much? That you have to find every thread I post in and quote me?

Barlow

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 04:48:19 am »
Quote from: "mr. brodie"

Wow. Did I upset you that much? That you have to find every thread I post in and quote me?

Quoting me...at me? Phail.

Flamur

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 04:50:35 am »
Gtfo.

Barlow

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 04:51:19 am »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: