Author Topic: Stockpilling contract  (Read 1951 times)

wazcaster

Re: Stockpilling contract
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 05:33:14 pm »
Where would all the stockpiled weapons and gifts be stored? Would new organizations be created to provide more invetory space, and if so how many would be needed? Surely we would need to stockpile weapons and gifts in very large numbers for the stockpiles to be of any use in a war.
I[/url] II

funky44

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 05:39:57 pm »
Thats just the point of this contract: the owner keeps it in stock and he brings it on the market at elevated prices as to make sure only the government buys them. After this he will refund the money back to the MoD or the MoF or whoever paid for them.
Founder of the House of Funk
People who can suck on "it". - V

[22:19:03] <Anaxima> I've been fisting

wazcaster

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 05:46:46 pm »
Hmm, ok. Would the price the government actually ends up paying for the stock be the lowest market price at the time it would be needed then? I can't see GMs actually agreeing to the contract otherwise. I'm also assuming that the company owner would have to distribute it in batches, as there would be nowhere to store it.
I[/url] II

funky44

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 05:50:58 pm »
Look, it stays as a produced good in the company stock. This way we can store A huge amount of weapons for when we need them. It would be paid in advance at prices which are normal at that time, perhaps with a discount when buying a large amount of goods.

wazcaster

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 06:11:39 pm »
Ok, last question. Why would a company owner agree a price with the government knowing that they could get a far higher price if the weapons/gifts were put on the Market during a time of war?
I[/url] II

funky44

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 06:23:12 pm »
well, this way he sells even in times of piece. There isn't always a war going on.

SKQ62

• Party - TUP
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 10:05:07 am »
I think wazcaster raises a good point. These are the kind of question that will be raised by many of the business owners when you put this in front of them. I think the complexity of the reality has the potential of making this harder to execute than we realise. Sure it may work for your Aurums and so forth with actual links to the forums and government but as for making it a nation-wide affair... I'm not so sure.

Json

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 10:20:24 am »
As a corporation, Aurum won't care about the profits in this case, if the government pays for the cost of production we will gladly keep X amount of items in stock. We won't really lose any money on this and if it will help the country we will be willing to do this.

// Json

Ip Lockard

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 10:34:51 am »
Quote from: "wazcaster"
Ok, last question. Why would a company owner agree a price with the government knowing that they could get a far higher price if the weapons/gifts were put on the Market during a time of war?

Because if they end up upping prices during wartime, I'll go elsewhere. It's not that hard to get reasonably priced weapons abroad.
<Anaxima>Nothing wrong with sucking and swallowing afaik.
Over a year later...
Quote from: "Anaxima"
Btw, isn't it about time you changed your sig? <_<
I guess it was.

wazcaster

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 11:21:16 am »
You might Ip, but most members won't. Thats the point. If the company GMs can up their prices in wartime, when demand is very high, why should they agree to be paid a lower price by the government. I agree that it could be advantageous for some companies to be able to sell in peacetime, but not for all companies.
I[/url] II

Ip Lockard

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 11:33:59 am »
Quote from: "wazcaster"
You might Ip, but most members won't. Thats the point. If the company GMs can up their prices in wartime, when demand is very high, why should they agree to be paid a lower price by the government. I agree that it could be advantageous for some companies to be able to sell in peacetime, but not for all companies.

For Moving Tickets and gifts, I can guarantee that the Government is at least 40% of the market in terms of sales. Weapons are probably about 30%.
If you're a GM who's got guaranteed sales, you've got a captive market in the Gov. Guaranteed sales > No sales.

It doesn't answer larger problems, like the sheer number of profiteers out there, but it does give the Government a steady, reliable supply of weapons and decent GM's a steady and reliable income.
<Anaxima>Nothing wrong with sucking and swallowing afaik.
Over a year later...
Quote from: "Anaxima"
Btw, isn't it about time you changed your sig? <_<
I guess it was.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: