Author Topic: MAG  (Read 461 times)

Max Kirby

MAG
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:21:43 pm »
has anyone heard of this game. If not then its a 256 fps online. YEP 256 PLAYERS ONLINE SUCK IT 360s :lol: (ps3 exclusive)! AND IT HAS NO LAG WOO.

If you want more info go on youtube and type in MAG ps3/gameplay/beta or anything like that.

Joppsta

Re: MAG
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:35:23 pm »
Quote from: "Max Kirby"
has anyone heard of this game. If not then its a 256 fps online. YEP 256 PLAYERS ONLINE SUCK IT 360s :lol: (ps3 exclusive)! AND IT HAS NO LAG WOO.

If you want more info go on youtube and type in MAG ps3/gameplay/beta or anything like that.
You do realise, sir, that there is a game called APB coming out for PC that may, just may, end up on 360.

I believe sir, that if MS think that this MAG game is something we must contend with.. they will pay the APB devs a hefty sum to pull a rabbit out of their ass for 360 users :D

Anyway.. 256 players online? What difference does it honestly make? If it's a HUGE BATTLEFIELD then it'll be pretty dire if the game doesn't catch on. You realise this?

I am sceptical as to whether there is any real need for that amount of players in a game. I feel that perhaps a nice limit would be 50-100 players before going OTT.

In a game like Warcraft i can understand the need but in all seriousness.. who the flower on console would be willing to pay for such a game? Maybe some.. but i don't think many of the avid console gamers would. Furthermore.. this PS3 versus 360 shit is childish and immature.

Each to their own and all that. No need to be aggressive against a corporations in-animate object of entertainment  :roll:

And if this game was really that great i'd have heard about it, trust me  :ugeek:
I like to break things but hell.. when you break your leg you realise that some things just AREN'T fun to break

Lee Richards

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:22:36 pm »
APB o/
Quote from: "GloriousFailure"
Quote from: "Meghan"
Lick my clit
I'm sorry, I've already eaten fish recently.
Quote from: "Joachim von Bremen"
Quote from: "Meghan"
not enough space and you had no prior experience i and couldn't trust that you could stay
Sounds like the response you must get from all the men you date

rastari

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:56:33 am »
Quote from: "Joppsta"
If it's a HUGE BATTLEFIELD then it'll be pretty dire if the game doesn't catch on. You realise this?

It's got 41,000 pre orders in the Americas with 17 weeks to go, At this current rate it will get 234.458 pre orders in the Americas, And the rate for pre orders is liable to increase closer to the time when more hype/advertising hits. Pre orders are also only a small percentage of first week figures (usually less than half for ps3 fps's) So we are looking at a bottom estimate of 500k first week in America alone, With a more realistic estimate of 750k-1M. And this is in America alone and only in the first week, Although sales for fps's in general tend to have rather top heavy sales PS3 fp's are known to have rather good legs, So with good reviews(which do affect sales) And obviously the factor that it is a good game It should sell 2-3M lifetime In America. My estimate looking at average sales figures in Europe and Australia would be between 750k and 1m and it will probably sell bugger all in Japan. So basically, looking at current statistics it will sell quite well, And if it is good then it will sell very well. So the chances of it not 'catching on' are very slim, especially when it's being published by Sony(so it will receive advertising and maybe even a bundle).
2 boblo's for epic awesomeness 2008 and 2009

Quote from: "malta1990"
Well, I'll call it a victory to Jerry. Well Done! Gap is too large now.

Raddah-Raddah

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 08:13:20 pm »
I (in additon to any other intelligent person) am going to wait until after the game come out to see what the actual respond and online activity is. For all I know, the actual online play could be extremely lagging.
eRep Profile:- Dark-wisp

Seraosha

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 08:56:19 pm »
Let's be honest, MAG is only following in the footsteps of...Perfect Dark Zero :D

Not only does it have the original and best Infection mode, but it was designed for 64 player and you can glitch across into the other side of maps they've cut in two to accommodate the sadly, smaller published multiplayer. Alas, PDZ just didn't have the player base in the end to justify the promised update that would restore the maps and 64 player online. That or there wasn't any money in it. But you know. The point is that expansion of the multiplayer is an old, old road.

I think MAG is interesting but it's new IP, we've yet to see how it'll play, and can it carve out a niche for itself against other strong offerings such as the next CoD? That'll be the big challenge I think. Ensuring a big enough PS3 population play MAG regular to make it a good and viable experience. Still, on that note, I suppose it's pretty shrewd to release after christmas. Give a chance for the PS3 install base to grow some more and also escape the wrath and advertising of CoD.

hammybear

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 02:06:54 am »
When it comes down to be released, i will be very suprised if it runs with NO lag at all. As for a 360 game to compete, meh i doubt it could take it. From years of playing 64 player BF2 on PC i was initially shocked to find most 360 online games seem to cap at 20. So far that seems to be all the consoles can cope with without major flower ups.
Whats the current max in one game on the PS3 atm?

Raddah-Raddah

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 01:42:30 pm »
Quote from: "Seraosha"
Let's be honest, MAG is only following in the footsteps of...Perfect Dark Zero :D

Comparing a 360 game with a PS3 game......you may want to reconsider your argument. :P
eRep Profile:- Dark-wisp

Max Kirby

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 08:35:50 pm »
Quote from: "hammybear"
Whats the current max in one game on the PS3 atm?

60 for resistance 2 killzone 2 is 32

rastari thanks for that fact file bit thing, also if you think its going to be like the ps3 in how ,uch it costs then your wrong it only £34 last time i looked

@ joppsta the difference is it more intense and its more LIKE A WAR WHICH COD AND OTHER FPS ARE ALL ABOUT!! ( and if i want APB i will get it on my computer). Joppsta if you haven't heard of but say you have hear about every good game then i think its time to get a life (friends) also that doesn't mean it wont be good plus if you have an xbox why would you listen in the first place cuz you wont get the game

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: