Author Topic: My Crown  (Read 2178 times)

Horatio Vowles

My Crown
« on: January 02, 2009, 10:39:17 pm »
Right, I did it for a laugh, but I see how it could bring something unique to eUK and continue my dwindling interest in the game.
I will now put forward why I believe, I am the only suitable candidate for eUKs Crown.

I'm most benevolent, I offer help to those who need it and support to those who require it.
Personal costs in the interests of the eUK are around the sum 300G, from 117G spent on Walloon and the Paras, 50G spent on capturing Lower Normandy.  To selling at loss's and buying up Q1s and selling them off as Q3s often as a loss to encourage our economy.
From donations to the Para hardship funds outside of war time. To 'Transport for London' and 'Houses for homeless', as well as gifting my workers, gaining their loyalty and using my vast wealth to strength eUK markets by deterring high profiteers(Even while I was TRPs PP! Country before profits), during the war I sold my weapons at break-even and at times even at a loss to supply our troops with good quality weaponry.
I purchased the Bank of England's food company and for a while (Before the France MPP fiasco) controlled the food market with Q3 food at a brilliant price, often finding that my stock would vanish minutes after posting the offer so I shifted to putting smaller amounts of stock on more regularly.

I'm now politically neutral (Resigned PP to TRP a while ago) to the eUKs political parties but will use my position to provoke fierce debate, and ensure the best for my most brilliant subjects.
I intend to read heavily all parties manifestos and will announce my support for my chosen candidate three days prior to the elections, while I seem to be picking on the PCP lately, its because as of now they are the only party who will actually influence the eUK politics, TUP and UKRP are, for better or worse, dead in the water and the MDU needs more support! I have yet to read Deathtoll's Manifesto fully however found Relics quite interesting.

Although I wish no political power, true, I'm no politician, As my namesake I'm more a military tactician than a politician. I wouldn't feel the need to rubber-stamp passed policies or interfere with that, however in a reverse to the Magna Carta, I'd like to ensure no political party dominates the eUKs citizens, rather than the King.
Ultimately, its a nothing-really status. I don't have the time to be overly political, or martial. I think it'd bring something unique to the eUK. (The only country in the world with a permanent Monarch)

We base our entire country system on a basis we have a Monarch,
The House of Commons (Commoners, below the Lords and Royalty, effectively 'The People')
The 'Royal' Navy.
Our very nation's name, United 'Kingdom'  ... Kingdom implies Monarchy.

P.S This isn't a vote or 'election'  ;)
[size=150]King Horatio I the Unpopular.[/size]
[size=85] Day 406-Current[/size]
"[size=85]Crede quod habes, et habes[/size]"

Quote from: "Frerk"
Quote from: "johnobrow"
It doesn't matter what party you join as long as you realise everything Johnobrow says either comes from stalin directly or is retarded

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
Re: My Crown
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 10:55:34 pm »
Whatever,
Sounds good, and future kings might even play a role in gov.
And good work on your support of the UK!

Patrick Reckitt

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 11:01:49 pm »
I see no reason why not, this may as well go to Congress.

Oh, would succession work?
'I Am Death, Not Taxes. I Occur Only Once' - Sir Terry Pratchett

Horice: still chickens for me :(

Will Salmon

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 11:23:19 pm »
Finally, you give reasons. They sound good. Promise to be benevolent, fair, and stay out of a political party - and be incorruptible - and you will earn my support.
Royal Navy CO
NI NHS Director
NI Senator for the Armed Services
(ex) MoMaS
(ex) British HC to Australia
Resident Ancient Historian
Claim to fame: Quoted by Bob and Rastari in their sigs
"Can You Hear What I'm Saying?" Avid fan

rastari

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 11:26:26 pm »
yeah sounds good the question of succession is a biggy though
2 boblo's for epic awesomeness 2008 and 2009

Quote from: "malta1990"
Well, I'll call it a victory to Jerry. Well Done! Gap is too large now.

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 11:31:02 pm »
I am actually Horatio's rebel child !!!

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
Quote from: "Taytaz"
I am actually Horatio's rebel child !!!

I am the love child of Horatio and Rosa Luxemburg
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

Horice P Fossil

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 11:56:57 pm »
All hail the king! does one need royal hangers on?( Lord Fossil,keeper of the privy)

twaters

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 11:57:17 pm »
Maybe when you're a bit older. I think any monarch needs to fully demonstrate the ability to be political sensitive - something I haven't seen from you so far.

In addition, the argument about putting lots of wealth into the eUK, as ever, does not move me one iota. I will never advocate wealth being a criterion for a constitutional position (although i would be swayed by a 'widow's offering' type of argument).

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 11:58:35 pm »
If this works I demand a knighthood and in return I'll promise for the Union of Chicken-Caesar to become a vassal.
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

Tamas Dzsudzsak

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:21 am »
The non political bit sounds the best.

Long live King Horatio.

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 12:05:21 am »
Finally we have a monarch who we can dote over and who will pop their head in at various points and say things like "We feel the price of bread is unfair for our subjects." and  "We shall be having tea with the President of China this afternoon."
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 12:09:19 am »
Quote from: "Nemo Mobilis"
Finally we have a monarch who we can dote over and who will pop their head in at various points and say things like "We feel the price of bread is unfair for our subjects." and  "We shall be having tea with the President of China this afternoon."

You're forgetting the part where if we get a bit hungry we can execute him and become the Republic of Britain.

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 12:12:00 am »
Woh, there will be none of that, I hate roundheads and I loathe French revolutionaries unless their name starts with a D and ends with 'anton'.

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 12:13:32 am »
Then I'll form a band of merry right-wing revolutionaries to shoot magical pixie dust at you.

I'm still waiting for a punchline.

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 12:18:55 am »
Threads about His Majesty never have a punchline, just one long rimshot.

Teh User

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 12:19:06 am »
In the Public Discussion forum there is a question over what political system we would like. There's the shell outline of an Elected Monarchy proposal and there is a poll. What we suggest for Hereditary Monarchy is that the Monarch is the King for 6 months, then he chooses a widely loved successor. If the Public agree Hereditary Monarchy, then I suppose Horatio can be our first true King. I like Horatio.
The eUK's Resident Pedant Over Nothing
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 12:32:03 am »
Here here! I agree, I have not always agreed with Horatio but he has done a spot good thing by unilaterally electing himself King. Long live the King, long live eUK!

Horice P Fossil

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 01:09:15 am »
Long live the King!

Teh User

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 01:12:23 am »
Quote from: "Horice P Fossil"
Long live the King!

Indeed, results show that Hereditary Monarchy is neck and neck with Elective Monarchy.
The eUK's Resident Pedant Over Nothing
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: