Author Topic: My Crown  (Read 2181 times)

Nemo Mobilis

Re: My Crown
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 01:15:15 am »
I think that its a bit foggy as we want the Monarch elected at first go, then hereditary. I think we should accept the support for the two monarchies as implicit support of the monarchy. I still support the hereditary monarchy.
"No man born with a living soul can be workin' for the clampdown." Joe Strummer

Horice P Fossil

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 01:19:12 am »
Elected monarchy would just become another party process.
Keep it fun,let the reigning King pick his sucessor,maybe someone not big in any party.

Teh User

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 01:36:36 am »
Quote from: "Horice P Fossil"
Keep it fun,let the reigning King pick his sucessor,maybe someone not big in any party.

However, anyone made monarch must resign their seat from the party from the duration of their term.
The eUK's Resident Pedant Over Nothing
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

Horice P Fossil

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 01:38:44 am »
Quote from: "Teh User"
Quote from: "Horice P Fossil"

However, anyone made monarch must resign their seat from the party from the duration of their term.
Would it not be fun to randomly choose a king from active citizens,if its a figure position with no real powers?

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 01:40:19 am »
Exactly, you're both quite right. Although a Monarch may have a preference they cannot be attached to a party, and it is wise to keep the process out of the regular political machine as it will lead to more incendiary debates. However we should also see if there is a way to phrase or parse our selection to ensure that the monarch doesn't do something untowards with the country. i assume however that once regally appointed Horatio would display tact and discipline in his manner and in his successor. Also as for finding someone unaffiliated that is highly unlikely.
May I also add that making it a random citizen diminishes some of the prestige turning the title and attempts to secure the crown as akin to a photo-op.

Teh User

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 01:42:37 am »
I like the hereditary idea better at the moment, and I'd still give the King/Queen a small constitutional role, such as signing a law before it's put into the Approved Laws forum.

It's simply having a copy of the law PM'ed over, signing it, PMing it back and then the Prime Minister putting it into approved laws.

No big deal, it just helps show the monarch is 'for the people'.
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

Nemo Mobilis

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 01:44:15 am »
I do rather like that, a seal of approval from our monarch, who incidentally would have no veto powers. You do have this very well thought out.

Horice P Fossil

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 01:46:55 am »
Maybe they could be some form of trade mission,travelling around visiting allies and supporting EUK businesses?

shadow

• Woldean Court
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 09:50:57 am »
if you get to be king...  does that mean bob get's to become queen?
Politics: eUK president; congressman (x7), Vice-president (x4); HoL member; BE congres
party politics: UKRP party founder; UKRP party president
minister apps: Mi-6 founder, MoD; MoFa
military: para; US tank; ATLANTIS SG; AIS founder

Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 11:47:12 am »
The fact you seem to be forgetting is that even in elected monarchies it's a selective representative vote. Someone mentioned the Pope; the College of Cardinals vote for whoever they feel is worthy amongst them. It's not like a general election. The Cardinals have been spiritual members in the Vatican for years.

The Malaysia monarchy is almost the same, it's a representation of the states. In neither one of them do the "candidates" campaign or compete, the election is entirely mutual. They have also been a member of the voting council for an incredibly long time.

I'm not even going to bother to explain the mass amount of flaws a hereditary monarchy would have.

I thought this was a joke but now I'm actually worried.
HRH Pope Digby V, Prince of Hanover, KC, KG, KP, GBE, OGS, FRSL, BGD, PhD
Chancellor of BBH Open University

Teh User

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 01:13:07 pm »
Quote from: "Digby Chicken-Caesar"
The fact you seem to be forgetting is that even in elected monarchies it's a selective representative vote. Someone mentioned the Pope; the College of Cardinals vote for whoever they feel is worthy amongst them. It's not like a general election. The Cardinals have been spiritual members in the Vatican for years.

The Malaysia monarchy is almost the same, it's a representation of the states. In neither one of them do the "candidates" campaign or compete, the election is entirely mutual. They have also been a member of the voting council for an incredibly long time.

I'm not even going to bother to explain the mass amount of flaws a hereditary monarchy would have.

I thought this was a joke but now I'm actually worried.

It's fun, nowhere will the King or Queen have power over you. It's just that when we're the United Kingdom, you really can't get away with being without a monarch forever.

I know exactly how the Malaysian monarchy works. They've stopped voting for a monarch now, it's more of a state rotation.
Teh User
TUP Member
Soldier
eRoyalist

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 01:13:56 pm »
Quote from: "Shadow"

What, all four of them?
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

Fearless Dingo

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 02:19:12 pm »

Hapsburg lips, haemophilia, being German and racism have always been popular in the UK. Maybe we could compile a list of ideal kingly/queenly defects and see how many each prospective candidate has - the winner decided by a weighted totting up system.
[size=85]"Humanity will never go to the stars. And if we do, it won't be for knowledge, and it won't be in peace, and humanity will be lying and backstabbing and enslaving and torturing each other every inch of the way." - Terrifel, SDMB[/size]

Horice P Fossil

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 02:23:59 pm »
Quote from: "Fearless Dingo"

Hapsburg lips, haemophilia, being German and racism have always been popular in the UK. Maybe we could compile a list of ideal kingly/queenly defects and see how many each prospective candidate has - the winner decided by a weighted totting up system.
So we're looking for a nazi bleeder with funny lips,should'nt be to hard to find :roll:

Taytaz

• Party - PCP
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2009, 05:33:14 am »
Quote from: "Bob Boblo"

What, all four of them?
all four shadows, and all 3 bobs

Bob Boblo

• Archivists
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2009, 12:49:48 pm »
Quote from: "Taytaz"
Quote from: "Bob Boblo"

What, all four of them?
all four shadows, and all 3 bobs

So is Freddy Mercury a Bob or a Shadow?
Quote from: kcirp
Quote from: markfish7
Hey, I'm new, whats bob boblo's House?
its a collection of autistic homosexuals

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What precious metal is a currency in erepublik?:
How do you spell 'Frerk'?:
What social MMO is this forum linked to?: